File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
So are all of you folks getting processed in Mississauga / Ottawa, US citizens or Permanent Residents?
All US citizens are being processed at Mississauga, but not everyone being processed at Mississauga is a US citizen. Through a program called OB570 streaming, they are selecting certain straightforward applicants to be processed in Mississauga in addition to all the Americans.

Nobody is being processed at Ottawa at the moment.

Reactions: Forte

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Ended up calling the MP this morning. Waiting to hear back and hopefully get some answers!

10 months today since we applied

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
PPR email delivered to the PA today just after lunchtime UK. No changes in ECAS or GCKey.
ECAS is done changing at this point. DM is the last update it will ever show.

The next (and last) update you'll get in Gckey is that your application is approved but it won't show that until your COPR has been issued :)

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
How long do most people wait for a response from the MP?

Carl300

Oct 7, 2017
ECAS is done changing at this point. DM is the last update it will ever show.

The next (and last) update you'll get in Gckey is that your application is approved but it won't show that until your COPR has been issued :)
Hey we are at the same stage as hockeynightinCanada and betterthanyoko. If GCkey is done updating, do you know how we upload the required documents requested in the PPR email?

Thank you. So good to see so much activity this week already!!!!!

Reactions: betterthanyoko

HockeyNightInCanada

Oct 15, 2017
Oxfordshire, UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-09-2017
Doc's Request.
31-10-2017
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
27-10-2017
Med's Done....
03-11-2017
Interview........
N/A
Hey we are at the same stage as hockeynightinCanada and betterthanyoko. If GCkey is done updating, do you know how we upload the required documents requested in the PPR email?

I added the hard copies in with my photos (just in case) but also submitted a webform enquiry this evening and uploaded the required documents that way. I told them to disregard the hard copies if the electronic upload was successful. I added the hard copies because the webform states it can take up to 10 days to process/reply and my photos will be at the VO tomorrow!

Reactions: betterthanyoko

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018

I think it depends on where you're from/which VO you need to submit to, but in our case, we were required to mail everything in.

betterthanyoko

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Ireland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2017
I added the hard copies in with my photos (just in case) but also submitted a webform enquiry this evening and uploaded the required documents that way. I told them to disregard the hard copies if the electronic upload was successful. I added the hard copies because the webform states it can take up to 10 days to process/reply and my photos will be at the VO tomorrow!
how did you fill in the Appendix A form??? the form wont allow me to type any entries in. did you have to print and scan all the pages of that letter and upload that file?
also, are you in a different country than your VO? if so what did you use as your self addressed A4 envelope?

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Ended up talking to MP. Apparently everything with our file is in order. But at 10 months eligibility is not passed, security and criminality are not started.

She said there was a note put on our file last week asking pretty much why no one has touched our app

She also said that it is awaiting transfer back to Ottawa

Really no clue what to think at this point. Ready to give up

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Ended up talking to MP. Apparently everything with our file is in order. But at 10 months eligibility is not passed, security and criminality are not started.

She said there was a note put on our file last week asking pretty much why no one has touched our app

She also said that it is awaiting transfer back to Ottawa

Really no clue what to think at this point. Ready to give up
Did she say anything with respect to next action to take if it hits 12m

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Did she say anything with respect to next action to take if it hits 12m
She only said average is 12 months. Could go over.

She told me she opened a case for us. Whatever that means and to call back in a month if we have no updates

I have 2 months left of waiting. Does this not seem like a lot of progress to happen in 2 months?

Last edited:

HockeyNightInCanada

Oct 15, 2017
Oxfordshire, UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-09-2017
Doc's Request.
31-10-2017
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
27-10-2017
Med's Done....
03-11-2017
Interview........
N/A
how did you fill in the Appendix A form??? the form wont allow me to type any entries in. did you have to print and scan all the pages of that letter and upload that file?
also, are you in a different country than your VO? if so what did you use as your self addressed A4 envelope?
I used an App called PDF expert on my iPad to enter the info; it did create text boxes for the contents. If my app hadn't worked I would have just printed it, filled it in by hand and then scanned it back in as a PDF and sent it in.

No same country as the VO issuing the COPR; although CPC-M are processing my application, my photos had to go to LVO (I am in the UK). I used Royal Mail Special Delivery A4 envelope for both sending to the Canadian High Commission in London and for the self addressed envelope for the return journey. It worked out about £6.25 each way. It was clear that the post office have done this many times and were very helpful.

Theateam

Nov 8, 2017
She only said average is 12 months. Could go over.

She told me she opened a case for us. Whatever that means and to call back in a month if we have no updates

I have 2 months left of waiting. Does this not seem like a lot of progress to happen in 2 months?
Don’t worry. We only saw movement on our application on January 8th this year on the CGKey, basically 23 days before the 12 month mark (a little over 3 weeks). CIC didn’t have any updates for us either each time we called because we couldn’t link our application. We are now waiting for the COPR to arrive in the mail at the moment. I know it feels like nothing is happening, but trust the process, it is. You still have a lot of time. Expect you will have a decision by the 12 month mark, no earlier, then you won’t feel frustrated. I know others have had earlier decisions, and great for them, but that’s not the norm. Your time will come, believe me!

Reactions: jeff198901

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Don’t worry. We only saw movement on our application on January 8th this year on the CGKey, basically 23 days before the 12 month mark (a little over 3 weeks). CIC didn’t have any updates for us either each time we called because we couldn’t link our application. We are now waiting for the COPR to arrive in the mail at the moment. I know it feels like nothing is happening, but trust the process, it is. You still have a lot of time. Expect you will have a decision by the 12 month mark, no earlier, then you won’t feel frustrated. I know others have had earlier decisions, and great for them, but that’s not the norm. Your time will come, believe me!
Was your criminality and security started before January 8th?

Thanks for giving me hope!

Last edited: