+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**MISSISSAUGA PROCESSING** - Outland Spousal Applicants

bafonso

Jan 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Mine also updated and said I had a message but no message at all. I've this happen in the past so myCIC may be hosed for me. My coPR is in the mail though.

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
Oct 10, 13. (Updated PCC, and StatDeca Common-law)
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
OB570 Stream (stayed in Mississauga)/ Oct 30. 2017 (BGC in progress)
Med's Request
Passed: Mar.3.2017
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
Huh. I had no idea what that was, so I had to Google it. Looks like it's not something they do anymore if you are visa exempt and only mailing in a copy of your passport.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2011/ob348a.asp
yeah I'm not sure why. I didn't get it, but I've seen some other people get it. no clue if they're american.
called this morning to see why it told me to check the messages but then there were no messages.
Basically the guy said it was a technical issue.
I asked him if it would delay receiving my CoPR?
he put me on hold for ten minutes, came back and said," it looks like your CoPR has already been printed and mailed out. So the the only delays would be mailing delays. Congrats."
My tracking hasn't updated.

could be because I ended up putting my address on the return envelope like an idiot and they are just sending it in a normal envelope.
could be my tracking doesn't work.

So cool.

Reactions: WeegieInOttawa

Canada91

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
Calgary, AB
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga / Ottawa
App. Filed.......
17-03-2017
AOR Received.
26-04-2017
Med's Done....
26-09-2016
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
yeah I'm not sure why. I didn't get it, but I've seen some other people get it. no clue if they're american.
called this morning to see why it told me to check the messages but then there were no messages.
Basically the guy said it was a technical issue.
I asked him if it would delay receiving my CoPR?
he put me on hold for ten minutes, came back and said," it looks like your CoPR has already been printed and mailed out. So the the only delays would be mailing delays. Congrats."
My tracking hasn't updated.

could be because I ended up putting my address on the return envelope like an idiot and they are just sending it in a normal envelope.
could be my tracking doesn't work.

So cool.
Makes me feel better, to be honest. We've had out table updated since last Thursday but no update to the tracking.

Reactions: Masonb6888

Dougmeadows

Mar 26, 2017
Can anyone tell me why the f*** my background check would not have started? I swear everyone who applied around my time in March from the USA is done. This is messed up. People from June have bgc is progress.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Can anyone tell me why the f*** my background check would not have started? I swear everyone who applied around my time in March from the USA is done. This is messed up. People from June have bgc is progress.
Interestingly enough. I checked with our MP because shit has been sitting...

• The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M), Ontario on March 1, 2017.
  • The initial assessment to ensure your constituent meets the eligibility criteria was finalized on March 27, 2017.
  • The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if your constituent’s spouse meets the eligibility requirements.

o the eligibility requirements assessment was finalized on July 13, 2017.

• The medical examination results are on file and valid until April 14, 2018 for your constituent’ spouse
  • The criminality verifications are currently in process.
  • The security verifications have not been initiated.
· A note added on file on November 6, 2017 confirms reception of the police certificate from Australia.

o If the office requires additional information, they will communicate with your constituent’s spouse directly.

• As per our current processing times, it may take up to 12 months to finalize the application. However, processing times indicated on our website are approximate, and can vary with each individual case.
I don't get it. How can security not have started but BGC in progress?

Dougmeadows

Mar 26, 2017
Interestingly enough. I checked with our MP because shit has been sitting...

• The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M), Ontario on March 1, 2017.
  • The initial assessment to ensure your constituent meets the eligibility criteria was finalized on March 27, 2017.
  • The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if your constituent’s spouse meets the eligibility requirements.

o the eligibility requirements assessment was finalized on July 13, 2017.

• The medical examination results are on file and valid until April 14, 2018 for your constituent’ spouse
  • The criminality verifications are currently in process.
  • The security verifications have not been initiated.
· A note added on file on November 6, 2017 confirms reception of the police certificate from Australia.

o If the office requires additional information, they will communicate with your constituent’s spouse directly.

• As per our current processing times, it may take up to 12 months to finalize the application. However, processing times indicated on our website are approximate, and can vary with each individual case.
I don't get it. How can security not have started but BGC in progress?
As of November 28 it will be 8 months for me. I have heard nothing besides getting an email from cpc m that my app will be processed by them. Meds passed mid June but nothing has happened?!?!

Should I be concerned?

Canada91

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
Calgary, AB
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga / Ottawa
App. Filed.......
17-03-2017
AOR Received.
26-04-2017
Med's Done....
26-09-2016
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
As of November 28 it will be 8 months for me. I have heard nothing besides getting an email from cpc m that my app will be processed by them. Meds passed mid June but nothing has happened?!?!

Should I be concerned?
Have you had any luck with your SO's MP?

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
Oct 10, 13. (Updated PCC, and StatDeca Common-law)
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
OB570 Stream (stayed in Mississauga)/ Oct 30. 2017 (BGC in progress)
Med's Request
Passed: Mar.3.2017
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
thats brutal. im sorry to hear that.

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
It seems like a lot of people at Mississauga aren't getting BCG in progress until the day before, or same day, as DM. So if yours hasn't started yet it's possible that it actually has and that's what is going to happen for you. If I remember correctly, you had a DUI situation so you should not be surprised that your app processing is taking longer compared to others with standard apps/ no criminal record. 8-9 months is not very long in the grand scheme of things, try to hang in there and keep it in perspective.

Reactions: Masonb6888

Dougmeadows

Mar 26, 2017
It seems like a lot of people at Mississauga aren't getting BCG in progress until the day before, or same day, as DM. So if yours hasn't started yet it's possible that it actually has and that's what is going to happen for you. If I remember correctly, you had a DUI situation so you should not be surprised that your app processing is taking longer compared to others with standard apps/ no criminal record. 8-9 months is not very long in the grand scheme of things, try to hang in there and keep it in perspective.
Yes I had a dui that was dismissed. I gave them so much evidence of a positive outcome. Didn’t think it would take this long

Technically no criminal record either. My fbi pcc is 100% clear

Last edited:

linnykez

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Sydney, Australia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06/09/2017
Doc's Request.
15-10-2017
AOR Received.
14-10-2017
File Transfer...
06-11-2017
Med's Request
20-10-2017
Med's Done....
10-11-2017
Interview........
nil
Passport Req..
01-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2018

linnykez

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Sydney, Australia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06/09/2017
Doc's Request.
15-10-2017
AOR Received.
14-10-2017
File Transfer...
06-11-2017
Med's Request
20-10-2017
Med's Done....
10-11-2017
Interview........
nil
Passport Req..
01-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2018
I thought mine had when I got an email from CIC this morning.
Almost had a heart attack because we're expecting that next (even though we're July, we thought we'd got lucky)
They just want another PCC from a country they didn't ask for before (I uploaded my PCCS 2 months ago) so was a little disappointed but luckily I'd ordered a PCC from that country anyway, just to be safe.
I'm now siting with a coffee, reminding myself I'm only July - so calm down LOL:rolleyes:
how long were u in that other country for????