AOR Received.
01-08-2017
Med's Done....
28-09-2017
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
LANDED..........
06-06-2017
My friend with ppr Oct 25 just got her online system change yesterday too so I'd say y'all following normal processing times. I guess it's taking Ottawa ~2 weeks to issue copr. Has your return envelope been shipped?
I'm not sure. I didn't copy the tracking number. I didn't even think to track it and wish I had

TypsyGypsy

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
I am an American Citizen, and my husband has been an approved sponsor. We applied on March 22, 2017...they started to process our application April 22, 2017. NOT A SINGLE UPDATE since. We did get a request for medical and FBI clearance but nothing for 5 months. Our VO last I knew was Mississauga, I keep seeing people getting their PR and everything that applied in March like us......I really want to visit my family and have a normal life......anybody else get ANY updates that applied in March, 2017!!???

lookingforinfo

Star Member
Dec 2, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
21-04-2017
AOR Received.
19-05-2017
My wife just got the email that GCKey has been updated and it finally says that her application has been approved!! So happy. I hope that means they have already sent back the return envelope (or their own envelope, I saw somebody mention earlier that if it's just passport copy that they don't actually use your return envelope). The GCKey also states "Your Application was Approved. Check your messages below for details", but there aren't any messages below that. I'm guessing maybe it always says to check your messages or something?

Reactions: bafonso and hiro133

onthebrink

Star Member
May 9, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
21-06-2017
AOR Received.
24-07-2017
File Transfer...
29-08-2017
Med's Request
02-09-2017
Med's Done....
08-09-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
I am an American Citizen, and my husband has been an approved sponsor. We applied on March 22, 2017...they started to process our application April 22, 2017. NOT A SINGLE UPDATE since. We did get a request for medical and FBI clearance but nothing for 5 months. Our VO last I knew was Mississauga, I keep seeing people getting their PR and everything that applied in March like us......I really want to visit my family and have a normal life......anybody else get ANY updates that applied in March, 2017!!???
Have you requested your GCMS notes? That must be really tough. Did they request your medical yet?
My husband is American, we applied in June and just waiting for DM and PPR now. I hope you get some answers soon!

hiro133

Star Member
Nov 12, 2012
My wife just got the email that GCKey has been updated and it finally says that her application has been approved!! So happy. I hope that means they have already sent back the return envelope (or their own envelope, I saw somebody mention earlier that if it's just passport copy that they don't actually use your return envelope). The GCKey also states "Your Application was Approved. Check your messages below for details", but there aren't any messages below that. I'm guessing maybe it always says to check your messages or something?
In the same boat as you, got email from CIC at Saturday 8pm PST, telling myCIC is updated!

It now says my wife's application is approved, waiting for the return envelop to activate.

We included the return envelop along with passport copy, hope they will use it for faster shipping.

And yes, it says check message below but there is nothing. I think it's a template message

Last edited:

bafonso

Jan 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
In the same boat as you, got email from CIC at Saturday 8pm PST, telling myCIC is updated.
It now says my wife's application is approved, waiting for the return envelop to activate.

We also included a return envelop too along with passport copy, hope they will use it for faster shipping.
And yes, it says check message below but there is nothing. I think it's a template message
Yes super curious about those envelopes :)

Reactions: linnykez

bafonso

Jan 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Interesting! My PPR return was received on 31st, a day after yours.:) This might be the week!!

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
Oct 10, 13. (Updated PCC, and StatDeca Common-law)
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
OB570 Stream (stayed in Mississauga)/ Oct 30. 2017 (BGC in progress)
Med's Request
Passed: Mar.3.2017
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
Will keep posted :)
If they don't use it, 20 bucks will be wasted which is kinda sad...
I’ve heard that they don’t use it and just send it in a regular envelope. Sometimes.

CanadianZenGirl

Jan 24, 2017
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
File Transfer...
10-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
LANDED..........
23-06-2017
Regarding the return envelope ... maybe it depends where in the world you are. Obviously, I can't speak for other countries, but for CoPRs issued within Canada, yes, they do use the return envelope. We got ours from Ottawa the day after they updated our account information, in the return envelope.

nightbaby

Star Member
May 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2017
AOR Received.
31-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
We applied March 21 and didn't hear anything at all for 6 months until bground check started on Oct 19 and on Oct 20 we received the email that our application will be processed in Mississauga. Nothing since.

nightbaby

Star Member
May 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2017
AOR Received.
31-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Regarding the return envelope ... maybe it depends where in the world you are. Obviously, I can't speak for other countries, but for CoPRs issued within Canada, yes, they do use the return envelope. We got ours from Ottawa the day after they updated our account information, in the return envelope.
I haven't heard of a case when they didn't use the envelope since it's prepaid. They sent my COPR to the Caribbean when I got my PR under skilled worker process.

bafonso

Jan 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
They ship it the day they update the info online?