+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**MISSISSAUGA PROCESSING** - Outland Spousal Applicants

Dougmeadows

Mar 26, 2017
I got the email today saying “we will be processing your application in Mississauga”

Do people generally start to see movement in their apps after getting this email?

Jun 8, 2017
I'm wondering if anyone who's been through the process fairly recently could say how long it took from when the spousal visa application was sent to the visa office outside Canada? The Mississauga office informed me on Thursday or Friday that they are forwarding the application to the PR processing visa office in Warsaw. They've already requested and gotten the police and medical forms.. so I hope this is near the last step. Are we looking at a couple more months or potentially a lot longer? Thanks!

mcroze

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
I'm wondering if anyone who's been through the process fairly recently could say how long it took from when the spousal visa application was sent to the visa office outside Canada? The Mississauga office informed me on Thursday or Friday that they are forwarding the application to the PR processing visa office in Warsaw. They've already requested and gotten the police and medical forms.. so I hope this is near the last step. Are we looking at a couple more months or potentially a lot longer? Thanks!
You might get more info posting this to another thread as this one is people whose applications aren't getting processed outside Canada, but are staying at the Mississauga office. Maybe there is a Warsaw thread. You could also try checking the consolidated spreadsheet for Warsaw-processing applications and the VO Summary for Warsaw.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dJsaLvHra4173xPfRwZbXo73hsxoXaLSJ5-tcm7qnJI/edit#gid=763460054

s_saati

May 2, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
02-13-2017
AOR Received.
28-02-2017
File Transfer...
Processed at Mississauga
Med's Request
04-10-22017
Med's Done....
16-10-2017
Same for us. Did you already submit your common law decl?
We submitted it following the request and it seems like it was received because the note saying "We need additional documents to process your application" disappeared. We also just got notice that medical was passed. A lot has been happening with our application in the last month, I hope it keeps going at this pace until we finally get DM.

lookingforinfo

Star Member
Dec 2, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
21-04-2017
AOR Received.
19-05-2017
Is GCKey being weird for anybody else today? The main page you log into looks different to me, and when I try to click on the button to get to the other page with all the status details it tells me that its a "Bad Gateway". Looks like the site is half broken after they tried to upgrade it last night maybe?

DeeTee

Aug 29, 2017
Is GCKey being weird for anybody else today? The main page you log into looks different to me, and when I try to click on the button to get to the other page with all the status details it tells me that its a "Bad Gateway". Looks like the site is half broken after they tried to upgrade it last night maybe?
I came in to see if anyone else was having this issue. I have the same problem. Oh well, it'll stop me obsessively checking it all day!

lookingforinfo

Star Member
Dec 2, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
21-04-2017
AOR Received.
19-05-2017
This is possibly the worst time for the site to be broken for me lol. I just checked ECAS, I logged in as myself (the sponsor) and as my wife (the applicant) and both say "Decision Made", but I can't seem confirm that with GCKey. ughhh this is so frustrating sometimes

DeeTee

Aug 29, 2017
This is possibly the worst time for the site to be broken for me lol. I just checked ECAS, I logged in as myself (the sponsor) and as my wife (the applicant) and both say "Decision Made", but I can't seem confirm that with GCKey. ughhh this is so frustrating sometimes
Oh, that's a pain! I wouldn't get too excited though. A lot of us in Mississauga have had ECAS change to Decision Made, but nothing change on CIC. I think someone in a "real" VO, like Ottawa, needs to sign off on things before it moves forward.

lookingforinfo

Star Member
Dec 2, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
21-04-2017
AOR Received.
19-05-2017
Oh, that's a pain! I wouldn't get too excited though. A lot of us in Mississauga have had ECAS change to Decision Made, but nothing change on CIC. I think someone in a "real" VO, like Ottawa, needs to sign off on things before it moves forward.
ah interesting. Perhaps I will phone them in a day or two, and see if they can shed any extra light on this.

Dougmeadows

Mar 26, 2017
After receiving the email saying your app will be processed in Mississauga, how long is everyone waiting for the background check to start?

bafonso

Jan 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
ah interesting. Perhaps I will phone them in a day or two, and see if they can shed any extra light on this.
Most of us have DM on ecas and not an update on myCIC so don't worry. Seems like at least 1,5 months until PPR. Only one person here has had PPR on sept 1 but they did not get the Mississauga email early on so not clear if exactly the same process.