+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**MISSISSAUGA PROCESSING** - Outland Spousal Applicants

Salyd

Nov 24, 2017
Hi everyone, just joined the forrum,
My husband is Canadian and he is sponsoring me to Canada we are already being processed and I was asked today on a letter to provide police certificate for myself and for Family but Im not quite understanding what they mean by family members? See under quotes what was sent to me. I wpuld lile help understanding what they really mean by family members.

"At this time, you need to provide a police certificate for:
1) The country where you currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more;
and
2) The country where you have spent most of your adult life since the age of 18.
You must also provide this for every family member (whether accompanying you to Canada or
not) who is aged 18 or older. Please refer to your application guide for a definition of “family
member”.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi everyone, just joined the forrum,
My husband is Canadian and he is sponsoring me to Canada we are already being processed and I was asked today on a letter to provide police certificate for myself and for Family but Im not quite understanding what they mean by family members? See under quotes what was sent to me. I wpuld lile help understanding what they really mean by family members.

"At this time, you need to provide a police certificate for:
1) The country where you currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more;
and
2) The country where you have spent most of your adult life since the age of 18.
You must also provide this for every family member (whether accompanying you to Canada or
not) who is aged 18 or older. Please refer to your application guide for a definition of “family
member”.
Glossary here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/glossary.asp

Family members
An applicant’s closest relatives, in the context of an application to CIC. It is defined as a spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children.

Salyd

Nov 24, 2017

Family members
An applicant’s closest relatives, in the context of an application to CIC. It is defined as a spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children.
Ohk so if i have no children or dependent children tha

Family members
Thank you. So if i have no children or no dependent children or family member it means only for me?

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Excellent news today. We got the approval letter from IRCC today!

I am amazed! Sent app. in Feb. but processing was delayed until July. So that's about 5 months of processing.

A couple of steps to do and might need advice. One bit is that Wife's medical will expire in July 2018 - but I'd like my son to complete the year in UK. Is that a good idea and would IRCC be okay with a short extension to the wife's visa. The other option is that we enter during a term-break and the wife returns and then properly moves in August after school breaks.

So many decision and a lot of work to do!

But we are all so happy! (though I haven't broken it to the cat yet - she is coming with us too)
Congratulations!

IRCC is extremely strict when it comes to extending a COPR expiry. They would see July 2018 as plenty of time for you to be able to enter. They don't require you to actually move to Canada by July 2018, all you have to do is enter and land. You can then immediately go back to the UK and come back to Canada when you are ready. When you land you would just fill out the "goods to follow" form so that you can import all her stuff duty free when you do actually move. I would not recommend trying to get an extension, I'd just pony up for a plane ticket so she can land and come back.

Reactions: SRafiq

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
HI guys I am sooo happy today !!!! got DM in my ecas!!!! finally!!!
Wow, first June applicant to get DM (I think)! Congrats! Seems like things are finally speeding up for a lot of people!

Reactions: kcward7

s_saati

May 2, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
02-13-2017
AOR Received.
28-02-2017
File Transfer...
Processed at Mississauga
Med's Request
04-10-22017
Med's Done....
16-10-2017
Where did you apply from? Bgc started?
I'm sponsoring my American common-law partner, applying outland. Here is our timeline:

Application submitted: Feb 13
AOR1: Feb 28
Sponsor approval: March 3
Medical request: Oct 4
AOR2 (processed at Mississauga): Oct 7
Background check start: Oct 17
Medical passed: Oct 19
Decision made and PPR: Nov 21
Waiting for CoPR

iris19950711

Star Member
Apr 19, 2017
United States
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
12-06-2017
AOR Received.
11-07-2017
File Transfer...
14-11-2017
Med's Request
01-09-2017
Med's Done....
2-11-2017
Passport Req..
29-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2017
Wow, first June applicant to get DM (I think)! Congrats! Seems like things are finally speeding up for a lot of people!
Thank you so much! I will provide my full timeline under to share with everyone, thank again for all the help for the past months.

iris19950711

Star Member
Apr 19, 2017
United States
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
12-06-2017
AOR Received.
11-07-2017
File Transfer...
14-11-2017
Med's Request
01-09-2017
Med's Done....
2-11-2017
Passport Req..
29-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2017
Here is my full timeline to share
Application received: June 12th
Aor1: July 11th
SA: July 25th
PCC&SCHEDULE A request: Aug,30
Medical request: Sep,01
PCC&SCHEDULE A submit: Oct 28
Medical exam submit : Nov,05
Medical passed : Nov,08
AOR2: Nov 14
BCG started: Nov 22
Dm: Nov 24

Now I'm just waiting for PPR email, thank you for everyone helping me for the past months and I hope all of you guys can get dm very soon! This journey is almost done, the new journey will start soon!
Good luck everyone !

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
Oct 10, 13. (Updated PCC, and StatDeca Common-law)
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
OB570 Stream (stayed in Mississauga)/ Oct 30. 2017 (BGC in progress)
Med's Request
Passed: Mar.3.2017
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
Landed! It's done.
It's finally done.

TenzinP

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
Hi I have received a mail.. And confirmed they received my application.. And provided me application number and UCI. Told me to link the application online... I tried so many times made 5 go key accounts.. Trying everyday no success.. My husband lives in Canada.. And he is sponsoring me and my 3year old son.. The confusion in have while filling the detail is in the last section where is says"other application Info ,there m entering my details as married and total number of family member 3 including my husband who is sponsoring us.. Am I doing correct or? Help needed.. Plzzz guide

TenzinP

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
How did you link it so easily next day.. M trying everyday.. 5 accounts 5times everyday.. Still nothing happening error message says we found no application..plzzz can u help me.. My husband is