+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga office.

ilovemma

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@PakCan, I guess you are right. Keeping our fingers crossed and hope that day will come when you open up your mailbox and see a brown envelope from CIC containing Test Invitation letter. :)

stan7175

Feb 14, 2014
i am from mississauga as well and no updates for my family applications yet. Application reached Nov 29th & process started feb11th. Intrestingly lot of novemeber applicants who applied before & after me got test letter recently from mississauga office but not me. still waiting..

ilovemma said:
Still no updates for Mississauga office....... :eek:

ilovemma

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stan7175 said:
i am from mississauga as well and no updates for my family applications yet. Application reached Nov 29th & process started feb11th. Intrestingly lot of novemeber applicants who applied before & after me got test letter recently from mississauga office but not me. still waiting..
@Stan, I know how you feeling. I am in the same boat too. I applied in Dec 2013 and they start processing my file in March. ECAS says In Process and that's about it. I have see Feb 2014 applicants who wrote their tests and some even had their oaths. It's just that we are stuck with Mississauga office, which I heard before was the fastest office...Not anymore :mad:

This is so frustrating and annoying when you look at these facts......I guess all you can do is wait and hope for the best and wait for that day when we will be called for test...

Please share, if you do get letter to appear for test. God Bless and stay strong

Xaymaca

Nov 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ilovemma said:
@ Stan, I know how you feeling. I am in the same boat too. I applied in Dec 2013 and they start processing my file in March. ECAS says In Process and that's about it. I have see Feb 2014 applicants who wrote their tests and some even had their oaths. It's just that we are stuck with Mississauga office, which I heard before was the fastest office...Not anymore :mad:

This is so frustrating and annoying when you look at these facts......I guess all you can do is wait and hope for the best and wait for that day when we will be called for test...

Please share, if you do get letter to appear for test. God Bless and stay strong
You will get the invite soon, December was before the new fees kicked in so i think they processed newer applicants faster (just guessing here)
I applied in February and took the Oath in June at the Mississauga Office, stats in the 2014 spreadsheet prove we have one of the fastest offices
just hang in there.

ilovemma

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Xaymaca said:
You will get the invite soon, December was before the new fees kicked in so i think they processed newer applicants faster (just guessing here)
I applied in February and took the Oath in June at the Mississauga Office, stats in the 2014 spreadsheet prove we have one of the fastest offices
just hang in there.
Xaymaca, Congrats on being a Canadian Citizen. Yeah for now all we can do is wait n hope for the best.

ilovemma

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any January 2014 applicants got Test Invitation? All I see is Feb and March 2014 applicants getting test invitation's and Oath dates....and the weird thing is that some April or May 2014 applicants got their test dates as well. Don't really understand why any Jan 2014 applicants have received any test invitation yet....it's just a mystery :eek:

zulkfal

Sep 28, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/10/2009
Doc's Request.
15/12/2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06/05/2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Doc's
File Transfer...
22/12/2009
Med's Request
04/05/2011 (Dated: 24/04/2011)
Med's Done....
09/05/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08/07/2011
VISA ISSUED...
25/07/2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
Jan - 14 applicants are still waiting, I haven't seen any movement. Am a Jan - 14 applicant as well.

ngyammine

Feb 26, 2014
Today was my citizenship test (July22), very easy, me and my wife scored 20/20...and yes they do tell you the result, interview was 5 min, didnt go into details...and she said our oath is Friday25.

PS. To pass, u need to solve online samples and read the book twice.

If your file is clean, they wont give you any RQ...so whoever gets a RQ for sure he/she knows the reason.

Very friendly, went in at 7.45am, test was at 8, 8:30 we were in the car, test and interview were done in 30 min.

goodluck guys

sweetakash

Star Member
Sep 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Transferred to Ottawa CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-SEP-2011
AOR Received.
8-NOV-2011
File Transfer...
8-NOV-2011
Med's Request
8-NOV-2011
Med's Done....
28-NOV-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-JAN-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-JAN-2012
LANDED..........
10-JAN-2012
ngyammine said:
Today was my citizenship test (July22), very easy, me and my wife scored 20/20...and yes they do tell you the result, interview was 5 min, didnt go into details...and she said our oath is Friday25.

PS. To pass, u need to solve online samples and read the book twice.

If your file is clean, they wont give you any RQ...so whoever gets a RQ for sure he/she knows the reason.

Very friendly, went in at 7.45am, test was at 8, 8:30 we were in the car, test and interview were done in 30 min.

goodluck guys

Congratulations!!!

torontonian2003

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you take into account timeline postings on this forum, CIC-Mississauga (Glen Erin office) stands out as having the fastest turnover of applications across the country (6-9 months to reach decision stage since being processed; oath date given the same day as exam or within a week after). There are however exceptions as in most offices.
See the following timeline tabulation:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArnuR0El8SEtdEhMS0dQNEQwVXppZ3VDdWNsVlM0TXc&usp=sharing#gid=0

PakCan2013 said:
So far this year Scarborough is the fastest and Mississauga is slowest Office in GTA.

gjp

Star Member
Feb 15, 2008
Applied in Nov 2013.
Started processing: 31st Dec 2013.

Test on 4th July. The test will be easy if you go through the book twice or thrice and take practice questions. The interview was about an hour for my wife and I, as we had quite a lot of travel and the officer looked at every passport stamp and compared to the CBSA documents and made notes. At the end, she was satisfied and asked to come on 11th July for oath ceremony.
As I had planned for vacation to India from 4th July to 14th July, I asked for another date. We got another date by mail and the oath ceremony is on 22nd July (tomorrow).

Looks like Mississauga office is faster these days.