+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Oh my, I assumed that Mississauga was going to be one of the fastest offices in Canada. Guess I was wrong...
It is not the worst office in Canada though. I mean, given recent activity, it might be in top 5 (in Canada), I'd say. Mississauga process very large number of applications compared to other offices AFAIK because Mississauga office handles quite a few postal codes in the GTA and given the number of applications, I guess they are doing pretty okay.

cpstwenty21

Aug 11, 2021
Canada
It is not the worst office in Canada though. I mean, given recent activity, it might be in top 5 (in Canada), I'd say. Mississauga process very large number of applications compared to other offices AFAIK because Mississauga office handles quite a few postal codes in the GTA and given the number of applications, I guess they are doing pretty okay.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well, should be in top 5 because they are used to processing large numbers and meeting their turn around time benchmarks with that volume.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

mandhaata

Aug 9, 2019
Well, looking at your timeline you should be fine putting Mississauga office in Top 5 ;)

I will have trouble pitching them for any Top Spots considering I am a September 2019 applicant still waiting to see light at the end of this tunnel.

And add to that unpredictability of their processing, it’s even worse (and that’s not unique to Sauga office - that’s pan IRCC). All such processes should follow a First-in-First-out queueing model, here that’s the least of what IRCC follows. It’s all randomized, How can anyone reasonably justify that.

But at this point, heck, I just hope this process completes for me.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Well, looking at your timeline you should be fine putting Mississauga office in Top 5 ;)

I will have trouble pitching them for any Top Spots considering I am a September 2019 applicant still waiting to see light at the end of this tunnel.

And add to that unpredictability of their processing, it’s even worse (and that’s not unique to Sauga office - that’s pan IRCC). All such processes should follow a First-in-First-out queueing model, here that’s the least of what IRCC follows. It’s all randomized, How can anyone reasonably justify that.

Well, yeah, maybe.

I hope you see some progress on your application real soon. All the very best!

Reactions: mandhaata

asterixfanboy

Star Member
Jul 28, 2021

I think @rajkamalmohanram application was under Urgent processing and hence got scheduled to an earlier timeframe... the rest of Sauga applications are just on the 401 expressway during weekday evenings.. :D

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

soumya2k2

Star Member
May 4, 2010
United Kingdom
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-04-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2017
File Transfer...
07-08-2017
Med's Request
07-08-2017
Med's Done....
07-08-2017
Passport Req..
22-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2017
Any Mississauga applicants got the invite for oath recently?

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
Any Mississauga applicants got the invite for oath recently?
Yes. Please see my timeline below. No Urgent processing.

Application Type: Single
Physical Presence: 1106 Days
Local Office: Mississauga ON
Application Sent (Brampton, ON): August 17, 2020
Application Received (Sydney, NS): August 20, 2020
Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR): January 25, 2021
In-Process: January 26, 2021
Background Verification Completed: February 26, 2021
Citizenship Test Email: June 18, 2021
Citizenship Test Window: June 21, 2021 - July 11, 2021
Language Skills Completed: June 23, 2021
Physical Presence Completed: June 23, 2021