+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

Kaltoronto

Feb 12, 2020
Congrats man !! Whats your timeline ? n are you from Mississauga office ?
Thanks! yes Mississauga office, which is why I am on this thread. See timeline below:
Application sent: Dec 18, 2019
AOR: Feb 20, 2020
Test date: Mar 29, 2021
Interview date: May 5, 2021
DM: May 7, 2021
Oath Ceremony date: Jun 29, 2021

Reactions: soumya2k2

ak1

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
Thanks! yes Mississauga office, which is why I am on this thread. See timeline below:
Application sent: Dec 18, 2019
AOR: Feb 20, 2020
Test date: Mar 29, 2021
Interview date: May 5, 2021
DM: May 7, 2021
Oath Ceremony date: Jun 29, 2021
Good luck !! Quite Random invitations . You're Dec 2019, hv heard abt Sep n Oct 2019 as well few days ago.

Tina461

Nov 27, 2017
Good luck !! Quite Random invitations . You're Dec 2019, hv heard abt Sep n Oct 2019 as well few days ago.
Interesting how they processing applications, I am October 2019 applicant, Mississauga office, waiting still to get test invite. Losing my mind every day!

twrooney

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Interesting how they processing applications, I am October 2019 applicant, Mississauga office, waiting still to get test invite. Losing my mind every day!
My 3 friends in Mississauga and Brampton are waiting for test - Aug/Sep 2019 applicants

bluesami

Jan 22, 2020

Application Received: November 5, 2018
Test Date: November 18, 2019 Passed 20/20

June 18, 2021 : My status is (In process)
NO DM / NO OATH INVITATION.

In Feb, 2020 they asked me for extra docs. / non routine.

ASSESSMENTS

Knowledge: Passed
Residence: In Progress
Language: Passed
Prohibition: In Progress
Criminality: Passed
Oath: Not Started

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

Application Received: November 5, 2018
Test Date: November 18, 2019 Passed 20/20

June 18, 2021 : My status is (In process)
NO DM / NO OATH INVITATION.

In Feb, 2020 they asked me for extra docs. / non routine.

ASSESSMENTS

Knowledge: Passed
Residence: In Progress
Language: Passed
Prohibition: In Progress
Criminality: Passed
Oath: Not Started
Hi, I'm curious! What documents were you requested? Did you get a RQ by any chance?

bluesami

Jan 22, 2020
Hi, I'm curious! What documents were you requested? Did you get a RQ by any chance?
They requested :

1.Rental agreements, leases or mortagage documents.
2.Records of employment or pay stubs.
3.Official education records
4.Income Tax option C printout for (2014,2015,2016,2017,2018).

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Yes same letter :( Am I gonna wait two more years ?
I am not sure. This is the RQ 'Lite' version you received. I'm very glad you did not receive the full-blown RQ letter.

I'm sorry, I can't answer the 'how long' question because I don't know and I haven't seen many people being sent a RQ lately. The reason why your 'Residence' is still in "Progress" is because of this RQ.

I do have some follow-up questions, please and I would be grateful if you could answer them. I'm asking these to get a better understanding of your circumstances as to why you might have received a RQ and will also be useful for me to refer to this in case someone else gets this god forsaken letter.

1. Did you travel internationally after becoming a PR? (how many trips outside Canada?)
2. Did you visit the same country multiple times or visited a lot of countries?
3. Were you employed (full-time or part time) or self-employed during your eligibility period?
4. Did you have any periods of unemployment during your eligibility period?
5. Did you change passports during your eligibility period (renew the passport, for example)?
6. Did you sponsor a spouse or child (or both) towards the end of your eligibility period?
7. Did you work or study outside Canada during your eligibility period?
8. How many days were you physically present in Canada before you applied for citizenship (as per your physical presence calculator)?
9. Did you file $0 tax returns (no income) in any of the years within your eligibility period?
10. Did you identify yourself as a 'non-resident' in any of the tax returns you filed during your eligibility period?
11. Do you have a PR status in any country other than Canada (like Australia?)
12. Were you questioned by CBSA as a part of secondary inspection when you entered Canada from abroad anytime?
13. As an extension of questions 1 and 2, how many days were you outside Canada in total during your eligibility period?

I know this is a lot but please try to answer as I am trying to understand what might have caused IRCC to issue RQ.

Reactions: bluesami

bluesami

Jan 22, 2020
I am not sure. This is the RQ 'Lite' version you received. I'm very glad you did not receive the full-blown RQ letter.

I'm sorry, I can't answer the 'how long' question because I don't know and I haven't seen many people being sent a RQ lately. The reason why your 'Residence' is still in "Progress" is because of this RQ.

I do have some follow-up questions, please and I would be grateful if you could answer them. I'm asking these to get a better understanding of your circumstances as to why you might have received a RQ and will also be useful for me to refer to this in case someone else gets this god forsaken letter.

1. Did you travel internationally after becoming a PR? (how many trips outside Canada?) one time
2. Did you visit the same country multiple times or visited a lot of countries? I visited one country ( stayed 4 months )
3. Were you employed (full-time or part time) or self-employed during your eligibility period? self employed
4. Did you have any periods of unemployment during your eligibility period? yes almost 2 years
5. Did you change passports during your eligibility period (renew the passport, for example)? No
6. Did you sponsor a spouse or child (or both) towards the end of your eligibility period? No
7. Did you work or study outside Canada during your eligibility period? No
8. How many days were you physically present in Canada before you applied for citizenship (as per your physical presence calculator)? more than 1095
9. Did you file $0 tax returns (no income) in any of the years within your eligibility period? No
10. Did you identify yourself as a 'non-resident' in any of the tax returns you filed during your eligibility period? No
11. Do you have a PR status in any country other than Canada (like Australia?) No
12. Were you questioned by CBSA as a part of secondary inspection when you entered Canada from abroad anytime? First time when I applied for refugee status
13. As an extension of questions 1 and 2, how many days were you outside Canada in total during your eligibility period? 120 days

I know this is a lot but please try to answer as I am trying to understand what might have caused IRCC to issue RQ.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
1. Did you travel internationally after becoming a PR? (how many trips outside Canada?) one time
2. Did you visit the same country multiple times or visited a lot of countries? I visited one country ( stayed 4 months )
3. Were you employed (full-time or part time) or self-employed during your eligibility period? self employed
4. Did you have any periods of unemployment during your eligibility period? yes almost 2 years
5. Did you change passports during your eligibility period (renew the passport, for example)? No
6. Did you sponsor a spouse or child (or both) towards the end of your eligibility period? No
7. Did you work or study outside Canada during your eligibility period? No
8. How many days were you physically present in Canada before you applied for citizenship (as per your physical presence calculator)? more than 1095
9. Did you file $0 tax returns (no income) in any of the years within your eligibility period? No
10. Did you identify yourself as a 'non-resident' in any of the tax returns you filed during your eligibility period? No
11. Do you have a PR status in any country other than Canada (like Australia?) No
12. Were you questioned by CBSA as a part of secondary inspection when you entered Canada from abroad anytime? First time when I applied for refugee status
13. As an extension of questions 1 and 2, how many days were you outside Canada in total during your eligibility period? 120 days
Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Items 3 and 4 might have contributed to this RQ request.

May be @dpenabill can provide a deeper insight but IMO, long periods of unemployment (and sometimes being self employed through out) might raise some eyebrows about residence requirements. The reason is because before June 2020, CBSA did NOT track the exits out of the country. They used to only track entries into the country. Because of this, when IRCC queries CBSA DB, they would see only entry records. They had to ascertain that you have truthfully declared the date when you left the country and this RQ might have been a result of that.

Reactions: bluesami