+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

zomby

Jun 3, 2010
One should not have to wait long for the oath after test invite. Each applicant is being charged a fee for the application and if the number of applications have increased many fold, Mississauga office should hire more staff as they are being paid by the applicants. I don't get it when I hear the Mississauga office is over burdened. I think it should be that Mississauga office is understaffed.

Last edited:
Reactions: kanya2281

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
One should not have to wait long for the oath after test invite. Each applicant is being charged a fee for the application and if the number of applications have increased many fold, Mississauga office should hire more staff as they are being paid by the applicants. I don't get it when I hear the team over burdened. I think it should be that Mississauga office is understaffed.
That’s the problem for government jobs, they can’t hire too many temporary ones that do the same job as regular employees, and regular employees are protected by unions which are too expensive to hire and too difficult to terminate

Reactions: Owais Iqbal

Marshay

Oct 3, 2019
Are there anyone here in Mississauga who applied in Sep2019 like myself. I want to know what to expect after applying

jawad87

Star Member
Jul 18, 2016
Hello,
I applied in July 2019. Haven't got any receipt or anything yet. Can anyone tell me what and when to expect anything from CIC?

deepspacehawk

Jan 25, 2019
my application is moved to Scarborough on Aug 17th from Mississauga and its been over a month now and no update yet.
Original Appln recevied date was Aug 02 2018.
Anybody has idea how long does it take once it is moved another office?
Appreciate a reply friends. Thanks
Hi, Any news yet for test for you? I am sailing in the same boat. Applied Sept 10th 2018 and my file moved to scarborough on Aug 17th 2019. Nothing heard after that. Filled a web form but no reply yet.

Daniel CAN

Star Member
Jun 24, 2018
Seems like Mississauga Oath invites have stalled. No one getting any.
Totally agree!

I checked another thread for June, 2018 applicants. It seemed to me that June, 2018 applicants who finished the test early Sept. already received the oath invite for early Oct. Hopefully, July, 2018 applicants will start receiving oath invite next week. Let's keep finger crossed:)

Reactions: zomby

Marshay

Oct 3, 2019
U will recive notifications in December and wait until next year December 2020 for your teat and then one more year for result and oath.
Will this mean that my daughter who will be 18 next year October will be asked to pay the full cost since we paid minor fee now?