+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

Pasar86

Sep 4, 2019
Had my test in Scarborough office today and passed, got the oath letter at the interview and will be attending tomorrows ceremony.
Good luck to everyone! its been a long journey after 8 years in Canada:
Applied: 12th April 2018
AOR: May 29th 2018
In Process: July 12th 2018
File moved from Mississauga to Scarborough: May 24th 2019
Test: September 4th 2019.
Oath: September 5th 2019.
Thanks for sharing this and congrats!!

Can you please tell me if they are going to check every single stamp on your passport? or only the one that I have reported in my application?

my expired passport is very old and some of the stamps are totally faded not sure if this is going to be an issue...

Pasar86

Sep 4, 2019
Had my test in Scarborough office today and passed, got the oath letter at the interview and will be attending tomorrows ceremony.
Good luck to everyone! its been a long journey after 8 years in Canada:
Applied: 12th April 2018
AOR: May 29th 2018
In Process: July 12th 2018
File moved from Mississauga to Scarborough: May 24th 2019
Test: September 4th 2019.
Oath: September 5th 2019.

Can you please tell me if they are going to check every single stamp on your passport? or only the one that I have reported in my application?

my expired passport is very old and some of the stamps are totally faded not sure if this is going to be an issue...

Daniel CAN

Star Member
Jun 24, 2018

Hi, thank you very much!

In my case, the lady just checked the stamps on my passport within my Eligibility Period which was shown on my Online Presence Calculator printout. I think this totally makes sense and I feel like there is no need for them to check anything beyond your Eligibility Period. If I were you, I would try my best to make sure those stamps are clear to be read and/or if you have any other evidence, such as boarding pass for your trip, air tickets which showed your entry/exit date, that would be very helpful in case your stamps are not quite clear.

Good luck to you and everyone else on this forum!

Olivio232

Jul 28, 2019
Phew - got my oath invite. One step closer. Here are my approximate timelines. My app is in Mississauga office
From May to before test invite - i sent them a webform once and called them twice

App recd - Last week of July 2018
AOR and In Process - Last week of October 2018
Test Invite - Third week of Jul 2019
Test - Aug 22
DM - Aug 26
Oath Invite - Sep 4
Oath - Oct 4
congratulations, i'm still waiting to be re-invited. :(

mafshinfar

Star Member
Jul 11, 2015
Hi All
I just want to check again with you about my case to have your idea.
I am a March 2018 applicant.
I passed the test on April 2019 and I am still waiting to see the change on my status from In process to decision made but It is not happened.
17 months is a normal processing time?
Should I talk with my MP or should call them again?
Sometimes I think they forgot me.

newbiecitizen

Aug 20, 2018
I am Nov'18 applicant from Etobicoke but my file went to Missisauga office . Is there a way to change the file from Missisauga to Scarborough without change in my address and is it worth a try in terms of getting Citizenship faster !

tdot96799

Jul 2, 2019
I am Nov'18 applicant from Etobicoke but my file went to Missisauga office . Is there a way to change the file from Missisauga to Scarborough without change in my address and is it worth a try in terms of getting Citizenship faster !
You can send Webform saying your address has changed to Scarborough and would like processing to happen in Scarborough. You can also call CIC and tell them same so they can put transfer of Office on your file.

tdot96799

Jul 2, 2019
Hi All
I just want to check again with you about my case to have your idea.
I am a March 2018 applicant.
I passed the test on April 2019 and I am still waiting to see the change on my status from In process to decision made but It is not happened.
17 months is a normal processing time?
Should I talk with my MP or should call them again?
Sometimes I think they forgot me.
Things to be done:
1) Apply GCMS notes and check if Security and Background checks are done
2) Contact IRCC through Webform and present the cover letter in webform with detailed explanation with App received date to test date.
3) Contact Local MP so they can call CIC to check on your application.

Reactions: mafshinfar

mafshinfar

Star Member
Jul 11, 2015
Things to be done:
1) Apply GCMS notes and check if Security and Background checks are done
2) Contact IRCC through Webform and present the cover letter in webform with detailed explanation with App received date to test date.
3) Contact Local MP so they can call CIC to check on your application.
Thanks

Aryan2015

Star Member
Feb 28, 2015
All Etobicock applications are transferred to Mississauga.
I am and my friends also from Etobicock and our files are went to Mississauga office.

You can’t do anything. I think so.

Reactions: newbiecitizen

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
I was told by CIC customer service they would transfer file if I can do a webform and show proof for change of address.
Well policy guidelines of IRCC available publicly clearly says no transfer within GTA even if address changes. They only transfer for address change when the move is considerably far away from original address. Also i tried changing it myself by involving MP and they even told her that they dont do transfers

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/general-file-processing/sending-applications-changes-address.html

Last edited:
Reactions: newbiecitizen