+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Trust me. I am May 2018 applicant. My file was transferred from Mississauga to Scarborough more than a month ago because of the backlog there. Its been over a month and the file status is still in transit because Scarborough has not had a chance to open my file yet. That’s because they are receiving a lot of files everyday. This is what I was told by the call centre rep.
Your is a transfer case thats why its stuck between 2 offices i am talking abt there own cases. They r super fast in them and most people do test and oath one day after another there

Mississauga-Applicant

Jun 17, 2019
Your is a transfer case thats why its stuck between 2 offices i am talking abt there own cases. They r super fast in them and most people do test and oath one day after another there
May be you are right. And I agree that oath is happening the following day of test at Scarborough.

Well it’s my luck that my file is stuck. Really pissed off!!

Jul 1, 2019
Hi There,

I have applied last year in May/June and below is information. This is very useful forum.

Application received : July 6, 2018.
AOR : Nov 30, 2018.
In Process : Dec 11, 2018.
Office :- Mississauga
Waiting ...

I have not got any communication after.
Questions:-
If we need to contact call center than it is after 12 months right?
What is other steps to contact and inquire about application?
If we go and get letter of MP than will it help ?

Thank you in adance and Appriciate your responses.

Jul 1, 2019
Hi All. Just called Cic as today mark my 1 year anniversary since my application recieved (June 1, 2018).
I have been told my file was transferred to Scarborough office before 2 days. I hope that's good sign
My Application anniversary will be next week. Have you got any updates for your application? Test date?

canada4evr

Star Member
Aug 20, 2013
Quick question.. I have my test and interview coming soon. I have submitted my and my minor son application together. During the interview, do I have to bring anything related to my son application? On the test invitation, nothing was mentioned regarding my son.

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Quick question.. I have my test and interview coming soon. I have submitted my and my minor son application together. During the interview, do I have to bring anything related to my son application? On the test invitation, nothing was mentioned regarding my son.
Normaly its not requir3d but to be on safe sife there is no harm carrying stuff u submitted along his app

mafshinfar

Star Member
Jul 11, 2015
Does any one have any update on Mississauga office progress for March 2018 ?
After 17 Months (Exam Passed) still In Process???!!!

Jun 7, 2018
Hello everyone,
April 2018 applicant here,
passed test/interview today in Mississauga and was told to expect oath invitation in one to two months.
Cheers :):):)

mafshinfar

Star Member
Jul 11, 2015
Did you call them to check?
Yes And Today I received this email.
Does it mean my file passed to Scarborough office?
Still in Process

This letter is in reference to your application for Canadian citizenship and is further to your correspondence received at our office regarding the status of your Citizenship application.

Our records indicate that your file is currently in queue for further review by a Citizenship Officer. Once the review/assessment has been conducted, you will be notified as to the next stage in the process by the local IRCC office.

For future updates on your application or change of address, please contact our Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100 or visit our website at www.cic.gc.ca

Thank you,

Citizenship Official

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

GTA-CEN

325 Milner Avenue, 2nd Floor

Scarborough, ON M1B 5N1

Mississauga-Applicant

Jun 17, 2019
Yes And Today I received this email.
Does it mean my file passed to Scarborough office?
Still in Process

This letter is in reference to your application for Canadian citizenship and is further to your correspondence received at our office regarding the status of your Citizenship application.

Our records indicate that your file is currently in queue for further review by a Citizenship Officer. Once the review/assessment has been conducted, you will be notified as to the next stage in the process by the local IRCC office.

For future updates on your application or change of address, please contact our Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100 or visit our website at www.cic.gc.ca

Thank you,

Citizenship Official

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

GTA-CEN

325 Milner Avenue, 2nd Floor

Scarborough, ON M1B 5N1
Yes looks like it is in Scarborough.
However this is a standard email with no specific detail unfortunately.