+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

Mrva21

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Guys, need your advice:
- my oath is scheduled for the July 10, as I am traveling from Canada on July 15, will that be possible by using URGENT-express option to receive the passport by July 15?
- how the passport is sent? Regular mail? Or if I missed the post Canada gent, then need to go to Shoppers?

Thanks in advance!!!

My experience with urgent processing!

I got the letter to take oath. In that time from receiving the letter to taking the oath i prepared my passport application, did pictures, got references and a guarantor. So i had everything ready before hand singed and ready to go all i had to do is put in application Citizenship certificate number. Oath day came and once i got home i have filled in missing step on my passport application. Verified my documents and was ready to apply as soon ECAS was showing process status COMPLETED. Next morning i woke up a bit earlier than normal and checked my status on ECAS it showed COMPLETED i took all the documents and went to my local passport office. Once there they checked that certificate was processed by IRCC and that is in the system. Lucky me it was so i applied.Told a gentleman behind the counter that im travelling in 10 day and he said ill have to do urgent processing and since i had time he advised me to go with 5 business days option. Price for the 10 year passport with urgent option was $210. Paid my dues and 5 days later picked up my passport at the same office where i have applied. They haven't called any of my references or guarantor. It all went smooth.

As long as you have all documents ready i don't see any issues of you not getting passport in time for your travel.And tell your references and guarantor to be ready to pick up the phone in case they do call them! Let us know how it went! Best of luck!

Last edited:

PIBHE

Mar 2, 2018
Mississauga
I beleive for u have to.pick it urself next business day if u go for urgent. No delivery. So yes if u apply as.soon as u see complete in ecas and apply urgent u will get ur passport by 15. But make sure ur guarantor answers his phone as they will definately contact him for verificarion in urgent casw
Much appreciated bud!!!

One more item to ask - what format should be the letter from guarantor?

PIBHE

Mar 2, 2018
Mississauga
My experience with urgent processing!

I got the letter to take oath. In that time from receiving the letter to taking the oath i prepared my passport application, did pictures, got references and a guarantor. So i had everything ready before hand singed and ready to go all i had to do is put in application Citizenship certificate number. oath day came and once i got home i have filled in missing step on my passport application. Verified my documents and was ready to apply as soon ECAS was showing process status COMPLETED. Next morning i woke up a bit earlier than normal and checked my status on ECAS it showed COMPLETED i took all the documents and went to my local passport office. Once there they checked that certificate was processed by IRCC and that is in the system. Lucky me it was so i applied.Told a gentleman behind the counter that im travelling in 10 day and he said ill have to do urgent processing and since i had time he advised me to go with 5 business days option. Price for the 10 year passport with urgent option was $210. Paid my dues and 5 days later picked up my passport at the same office where i have applied. They haven't called any of my references or guarantor. It all went smooth.

As long as you have all documents ready i don't see any issues of you not getting passport in time for your travel.And say other person said have your references and guarantor ready to pick up the phone in case they do call them! Let us know how it went! Best of luck!
Thank you so much for such details :) Cheers!

Mrva21

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Much appreciated bud!!!

One more item to ask - what format should be the letter from guarantor?
There is no need for a letter from your guarantor. Just make sure he signs your application and one picture and answears the phone incase they call him. Thats it!

Last edited:

apehlicious

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
february 07 2014
AOR Received.
march 12 2014
File Transfer...
march 18 2014
Med's Done....
november 26 2013
Passport Req..
july 30 2014 : In Process Aug 14 2014 : DM Sept 01 2014
LANDED..........
17-09-2014
hello there. I took my citizenship test last May 27 at mississauga and invited for oath ceremony on july 11. I am travelling on july 1st and will be away for 5months. My question is, Can I send a letter to IRCC mississauaga and request to re schedule the oath ceremony earlier than the schedule they gave me? Thankyou all.

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
hello there. I took my citizenship test last May 27 at mississauga and invited for oath ceremony on july 11. I am travelling on july 1st and will be away for 5months. My question is, Can I send a letter to IRCC mississauaga and request to re schedule the oath ceremony earlier than the schedule they gave me? Thankyou all.
Earlier is not possible if u knew abt ur absence u shud have informed them about absence. For better advice call the helpline and tell them ur situation but as i see u will need to postpone ur trip if u need citizenship as they will reschedule and if u missed second ceremony they may closw ur file

kirtivsingh

Dec 13, 2011
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
I contacted my MP initially with a question if she could get my file transferred to Scarborough, which after speaking with IRCC she said not possible. Than she followed up with status request and below is the response:

• Application transferred to Mississauga office
  • Criminality and security have passed
  • Test is the next step (to be scheduled)
  • Application within processing time (approximate processing time is 12 months from the date that it was received)
I am from Milton
Our timelines are very similar we will hear for test invite almost around the same time.

They should open a Brampton Test location to drop pressure from Mississauga.

torrcan

Nov 10, 2014
Is ur test at mississauga location or Scarborough?
I'm from Brampton.
Appeared for test today at Scarborough and passed it with 19/20 score.
Also received Oath invitation letter on the spot for Oath ceremony tomorrow i.e. June 11, 2019 at same place at 1 pm :)

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
Hi Guys,

My application has been received on August 29, 2018. I have to travel a lot from coming September because of my job and I need to apply for a visa for those countries. Do you think by submitting a letter from my job I can ask for urgent processing?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/apply/urgently.html

Does anyone know how it works?
Unless your job is on the line if you don't get citizenship, they wouldn't process your application urgently.

PTJ

Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And finally, the journey has come to a happy ending.....

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 21, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canadaon April 12, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on June 18, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on April 23, 2019 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 6, 2019 at 7:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on May 7, 2019 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on June 10, 2019 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. You became a Canadian citizen on June 10, 2019
This forum has been a great help and I am wishing everyone still waiting & hoping for this kind of happy ending such good news soon. Just hold on and relax. That's the key.

All the best

Reactions: GraceCan

torrcan

Nov 10, 2014
I'm from Brampton.
Appeared for test today at Scarborough and passed it with 19/20 score.
Also received Oath invitation letter on the spot for Oath ceremony tomorrow i.e. June 11, 2019 at same place at 1 pm :)
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 5, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canadaon May 2, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on June 20, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on May 23, 2019 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 10, 2019 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. You became a Canadian citizen on June 11, 2019.

Reactions: GraceCan