+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

Ramik

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
Hello Everyone,

So I am an October 2017 applicant and after 17+ months of waiting, I am pleased to say that I finally got my test invite in my email this afternoon. I am sharing this to give hope for everyone else in the same boat.

Test invite is set for May 14th

hopefulcndn

Apr 26, 2019
Hello,
Same here I mailed my application in November 2017 and it’s in process since Jan 2018
Got no test invite
I asked my local MP to follow up
No luck and no update since Jan 2018
No FP request
The only thing I Hear from the call centre agents and my MPs office is this; there is nothing wrong with the application and all required documents are in place
Waiting for security background check to be completed and there is no specific reason for the delay

Best of luck and it’s really frustrating to wait for no specific timeline
By the way it’s Mississauga office
To be honest in my experience everyone is bullshitting about the process .. ircc call centre.. mp’s....everyone ... i have been told the same thing numerous times... i m a jan 2018 applicant... no fp.. no additional info.. etc..

Yesterday i received my gcms from csis ( the security agency which does the back checks) and gcms from rcmp .... both says my back check .. security clearance was done in april 2018... ircc has been sitting with my file since then.. no update... i ordered gcms from ircc as well.. none of the agents have even touched my file since august 2018 .. (that showed the last clearance) .. since then its just been BS to buy time .. Mississauga applicants have been really unlucky!!!

Reactions: dkmemon

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
To be honest in my experience everyone is bullshitting about the process .. ircc call centre.. mp’s....everyone ... i have been told the same thing numerous times... i m a jan 2018 applicant... no fp.. no additional info.. etc..

Yesterday i received my gcms from csis ( the security agency which does the back checks) and gcms from rcmp .... both says my back check .. security clearance was done in april 2018... ircc has been sitting with my file since then.. no update... i ordered gcms from ircc as well.. none of the agents have even touched my file since august 2018 .. (that showed the last clearance) .. since then its just been BS to buy time .. Mississauga applicants have been really unlucky!!!
Political conundrum!

Waitforwait

Apr 14, 2019

I remember reading about security background check somewhere on this website and it explains security checks in detailed steps
Apparently , most of the applicant BC (80%) are completed in a very straight through process
And some of the applications (20% who is going over than 12 months timeline) are complicated applications and government agencies have to confirm whatever from foreign agencies
and even this process does not take that long - what is taking long, a report is being submitted to IRCC( for each file)when these complicated files processEd by the government agencies
And actual delay is happening at this stage , as the IRCC has the final say after reviewing these reports
- in my opinion, if your GCMS notes says your security was completed a year ago - that’s mean that specific officer had no chance to look at your file yet - which is a complete BS for 600$ prepaid service - I understand this is a privilege but should have some integrity process not like this

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
I remember reading about security background check somewhere on this website and it explains security checks in detailed steps
Apparently , most of the applicant BC (80%) are completed in a very straight through process
And some of the applications (20% who is going over than 12 months timeline) are complicated applications and government agencies have to confirm whatever from foreign agencies
and even this process does not take that long - what is taking long, a report is being submitted to IRCC( for each file)when these complicated files processEd by the government agencies
And actual delay is happening at this stage , as the IRCC has the final say after reviewing these reports
- in my opinion, if your GCMS notes says your security was completed a year ago - that’s mean that specific officer had no chance to look at your file yet - which is a complete BS for 600$ prepaid service - I understand this is a privilege but should have some integrity process not like this
Normaly gcms doesnt show anything in security section as its been whiteout. So how come someone was able to find out that security checks r being done is questionable

peter280215

Mar 1, 2019
Hi All,

Does any one see yellow tagged files in their GCMS notes ? If yes can anyone tell how long it took for test invite after that.

Thanks,

hopefulcndn

Apr 26, 2019
Normaly gcms doesnt show anything in security section as its been whiteout. So how come someone was able to find out that security checks r being done is questionable

I ordered gcms notes from csis and rcmp .. regarding my citizenship file. Its not just ircc.... you can select various departments regarding ur application.

Reactions: Zmaqsood

hopefulcndn

Apr 26, 2019
How about creating a petition at house of common website and requesting backlogs be cleared putting more resources at mississauga office?

Nothings gonna help .. but i will be up for it.. my full support... i have had a MEAN/ RUDE ..IRCC call centre agent tell me that i shouldn't be asking updates as its a privilege to have CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP... and i should stop bothering them... from the accent he seemed to be an immigrant himself.. !! :)