+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

Waitforwait

Apr 14, 2019
Hello Friends,
I have been silent user since I sent my application in Dec 2017.

My timeline is as under.
Application sent - Dec 2017
AOR received on Jan 2018
In process - March 2018
No FP requested.
Office - Mississauga
I had completed 12 months in Jan 2019. I never requested ATIP notes for me but requested one for my wife in Jan 2019 and was showing Test ready flagged. I called several times to IRCC but agent's answer was same every time that you are in a queue for test.

Last week I went to my area MP office and they called CIC to get the updates. Surprisingly they got the answer that my file is transferred to Scarborough recently and I was advised to follow up after one month.

I am very happy to say that I have received test invitation by email.

Will update after test.

Luck you Man !

My timeline is very similar to yours , actually I have been waiting a bit longer than you
I went to my local MPs office 2 months ago and have no any response yet

Waitforwait

Apr 14, 2019
hello ppl.. Jan 31st 2018 applicant here.. waiting for test invite.. anyone else on the same boat??
Hello,
Same here I mailed my application in November 2017 and it’s in process since Jan 2018
Got no test invite
I asked my local MP to follow up
No luck and no update since Jan 2018
No FP request
The only thing I Hear from the call centre agents and my MPs office is this; there is nothing wrong with the application and all required documents are in place
Waiting for security background check to be completed and there is no specific reason for the delay

Best of luck and it’s really frustrating to wait for no specific timeline
By the way it’s Mississauga office

Waitforwait

Apr 14, 2019
Consider sending a webform request!
Hi Jayson,
Thanks for the response
Here is what I got from them back in January 2019

• Your application is currently at the IRCC office in Mississauga. This office is verifying if you meet the eligibility requirements to be granted Canadian citizenship. Rest assured that you will be contacted if additional information is needed.
· Your criminality background checks have been completed.

· Your security background checks are currently in process.

• The next step will be to invite you to attend the citizenship test. The local office will schedule an appointment for you in due course, if necessary.

Last edited:

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Hi Jayson,
Thanks for the response
Here is what I got from them back in January 2019

• Your application is currently at the IRCC office in Mississauga. This office is verifying if you meet the eligibility requirements to be granted Canadian citizenship. Rest assured that you will be contacted if additional information is needed.
· Your criminality background checks have been completed.

· Your security background checks are currently in process.

• The next step will be to invite you to attend the citizenship test. The local office will schedule an appointment for you in due course, if necessary.
Ring them on Monday

PTJ

Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is there a free car park at Mississauga office for test applicants?

Waitforwait

Apr 14, 2019
Ring them on Monday

My local MP got a response from IRCC back in March , recommending that I should wait till end of the April, and if there is no response then I should do another follow up through the MPs office
I called My MP
And his office asked me to wait till May 6 and then contact them again for another follow up .

To be honest, I genuinely don’t believe there is anything anybody can do about all these wait time
All we have been told to wait without exact timeline with no proper explanation, - this doesn’t mean I will stop following up
I know I will get a response at least expected time - let’s see what is going to happen with my file
To all
I don’t think your travel history has anything to do with your processing time, as I and my spouse have exactly same travel history , where she already got her citizenship long time ago(we both applied at same time )

can_pr_1974

Aug 18, 2014
Hello All Mississauga Applicants,

I did quick scan of month to month status of the year 2018 w..r to Mississauga Applicants and numbers look depressing compared to other locations which are marching by leaps and bounds. As of today Applications received by 1st week of May-2018 from Mississauga have received the test invite. Assuming only 1 to 5% of the applicants are active on Forum, we have big backlog of applications.
I do see people reaching individually to local MP's office. I think, instead of reaching individually, we should have common forum or single request to address the root cause of this issue. Most probable reason might be limited number of officers assigned by IRCC for Citizenship application processing.
Please suggest what's your opinion to escalate this pain area to IRCC thru local MP ?

Thanks,

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Hello All Mississauga Applicants,

I did quick scan of month to month status of the year 2018 w..r to Mississauga Applicants and numbers look depressing compared to other locations which are marching by leaps and bounds. As of today Applications received by 1st week of May-2018 from Mississauga have received the test invite. Assuming only 1 to 5% of the applicants are active on Forum, we have big backlog of applications.
I do see people reaching individually to local MP's office. I think, instead of reaching individually, we should have common forum or single request to address the root cause of this issue. Most probable reason might be limited number of officers assigned by IRCC for Citizenship application processing.
Please suggest what's your opinion to escalate this pain area to IRCC thru local MP ?

Thanks,
Election being less than 6 months away; there focus would be to please certain communities. I don’t see any MP helping out with these applications. The agenda for the next couple of months would be Strict brain washing.