+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

dkmemon

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
Hi all

My Application was received March 7th, 2018 . Till Date still no test invite. I called them 5 times and getting same answer that tagged for test.
Im not sure what is the useful way to get this completed.
My File in Mississauga with Family of 2 . I had a plan to travel during summer holiday, not sure what shall i do :(

Any Hope with Mississauga applicants ?
I wish some one has had informed me about any setbacks of living in Sauga ....It sucks and spread sheet is so frustrating...

amira041

Star Member
Nov 3, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1mars2013
Med's Done....
10january2013
Interview........
14november2013
Passport Req..
02january2014
VISA ISSUED...
8/01/2014
LANDED..........
10february2014
Hi every one,
My app get received 16 april 2018.and still no test invite.my file is in Mississauga. I call them today to know what's going on there.they say I am in waiting list for the test .from 21 February 2018.that show there is a lot of people in the queue waiting as well !!!should I call my mp.any advice. Thanks

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Hi every one,
My app get received 16 april 2018.and still no test invite.my file is in Mississauga. I call them today to know what's going on there.they say I am in waiting list for the test .from 21 February 2018.that show there is a lot of people in the queue waiting as well !!!should I call my mp.any advice. Thanks
No point as they r still inviting people who applied in Feb and March 2018 for tests. You could get it this month or next month. Only thing to do is wait as mississauga is clogged and nothing will make it speedup the process

Reactions: amira041

Arvind

Aug 28, 2013
Toronto
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-10-2009
Doc's Request.
04-01-2010
AOR Received.
10-07-2010
Med's Request
11-05-2013
Med's Done....
31-05-2013
Interview........
07-07-2011
Passport Req..
11-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2013
LANDED..........
11th October 2013
1st feb 2018 applicant here :) so have patience guys!!
1st Feb! there are applicant from October 11th 2017 still waiting for test.

Mohsin aziz

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Can any one recently can share in detail what were the questions and points asked by citizenship interview from some one who recently had his interview in mississauga office would appreciate any answer specially from some one who recently went through the interview process would be of great help please share in detailed version

Abran

Mar 12, 2019
I got test invite today via email and the test is Scarborough 23.04.19 at. 8.15 am yet am a Mississauga applicant. Anyway can’t complain14+ months of waiting I will surely drive to take the test in Scarborough. Wish me luck guys!! I wish the best to all February 2018 applicants it’s a long journey but we will make it soon.

Reactions: Fallen_Warrior

Fallen_Warrior

May 16, 2013
I got test invite today via email and the test is Scarborough 23.04.19 at. 8.15 am yet am a Mississauga applicant. Anyway can’t complain14+ months of waiting I will surely drive to take the test in Scarborough. Wish me luck guys!! I wish the best to all February 2018 applicants it’s a long journey but we will make it soon.
Good luck bud. Share your experience after!

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Can any one recently can share in detail what were the questions and points asked by citizenship interview from some one who recently had his interview in mississauga office would appreciate any answer specially from some one who recently went through the interview process would be of great help please share in detailed version
Why don’t you just read the book and speak your truth when asked by the interviewer?

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Hi every one,
You could pay a visit to your MP.

Reactions: amira041

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Hi all

My Application was received March 7th, 2018 . Till Date still no test invite. I called them 5 times and getting same answer that tagged for test.
Im not sure what is the useful way to get this completed.
My File in Mississauga with Family of 2 . I had a plan to travel during summer holiday, not sure what shall i do :(

Any Hope with Mississauga applicants ?
Inform them about your travel plans via a webform.

Waitforwait

Apr 14, 2019
Hello,
I applied for citizenship in November 2017 and got a correspondence letter in January 2018 stating that my application is in process
I haven’t not heard anything from IRCC since January 2018
I called them many times and complete a web form and have got always same respond
Criminal background check is complete and security background check is in process
Call center agents has nothing different to say
So I went to my local MP at the beginning of the March
IRCC send an email to my MP recommending I should wait Until end of the April
If I don’t hear back anything before end of the April
I should do a follow up through my MPs office
I know it’s still mid of April. But I am really tired of waiting
Any recommendations?
Please share your exprerience and any ideas will be appreciated

Last edited:

ameet747

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Not Applicable
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Nomination.....
10-04-2014
AOR Received.
10-03-2015
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
13-05-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2015
LANDED..........
18-08-2015
Anybody has a clue if it's possible and/or worthwhile to request a change in the processing office from Mississauga to elsewhere...anywhere? I'd happily take a flight to freakin' Yukon/Nunavut from Toronto, if it meant I could get the test invite soon enough!

Reactions: fatimaftw

Mrva21

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Anybody has a clue if it's possible and/or worthwhile to request a change in the processing office from Mississauga to elsewhere...anywhere? I'd happily take a flight to freakin' Yukon/Nunavut from Toronto, if it meant I could get the test invite soon enough!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I feel your pain.

dkmemon

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
well ,I have had such thoughts number of times...1 year + 1 week and no test invite ..............cant halp it

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Hi Everyone

I am writing my Citizenship Test / Interview experience at 3085 Glen Erin Dr. Mississauga recently . Hopefully, it will help getting some additional answers that I did not get elsewhere (or perhaps I didn’t googled enough!). The long journey that started almost 12 years ago is approaching its eventual end, i.e. Oath and passport!

Myself and my wife got the test invite that was for 7:45AM. We arrived at 7:15AM, and as the invitation letter prescribed, I parked the car on the backside parking lot (in front of the actual entrance for the test takers). The parking lot was almost empty at that time. Please remember that it’s a paid parking, i.e. $1.75 per 30 minutes to a max $9 for the whole. I wasn’t sure how long it will take and therefore I paid $9 to get that peace of mind (and it turned out that I made the right decision!). The gate was locked and as we were waiting outside, one of the staff member arrived and as he was about to enter, he told us that we will be allowed to get in at 7:30AM. Hence, we waited outside in the car patiently (as it was a bit cold). Exactly at 7:30AM,we got in and were asked to sit and wait. It was a moderately large hall. The washrooms and water sprinklers were available. At 7:45AM a staff member called all 55 years or above to follow her. She asked the rest of us to remain seated. After 10 minutes, we were all asked to form a queue and went inside another hall (which was smaller in size) one by one. A staff member checked PR Cards and Invitation letters. She matched our names with the list that she had. There were typical examination chairs arranged in the hall and were asked to take a seat. On the exam chair, a pencil and answer sheet had already been put. Once all test takers arrived, a staff member explained how to fill the answer sheet. Anyways, the question paper folders were distributed and test started. I found that was comparatively easy test as I was done within 10 minutes. But it really depends how well you prepare. Don’t take it too lightly though. You have to read the official book and practice lots of quizzes. I used the following:

http://citizenshipcounts.ca/

http://www.torontopubliclibrary.ca/new-to-canada/citizenship.jsp

Once the test was completed, we were asked to wait in the bigger hall and were asked to get the following documents ready:

- PR Card

- Driver License

- Health Card

- Passports

- Landing papers

- Signed Prohibition Form (that came with the test invite)

They started to call people in immediately in no specific order. I families and couples were called in together. We waited for 45 minutes before our turn came. Our interviewing officer was a very nice lady. She had our paper file. First she checked our PR cards and driving licenses. Then asked for passports. I gave her the two passports that were within eligibility period and showed her a bundle of other passports that were outside (before) the eligibility period. She said she don’t need them. Then she checked each and every page of the passports and kept tallying it with the content of our application. We had some Arabic only stamps on our passports that I got translated by Translations CTS in Mississauga (https://www.translationcts.com/). As I also had 100+ stamps from Dubai, the translator advised me not to get those translated as they were bilingual (English + Arabic). The Interviewing Officer did kept the translated documents. She asked us about our work and whether we have been filing our tax returns regularly. And then asked us to sign on another farm declaring that all information that we provided is true. She then congratulated us and told us that within next 6 to 8 weeks, we should receive the oath invitation which is mandatory for all aged 14 and above. She told me that I was over prepared as on several occasion I offered her to show the original documents whenever she mentioned…for example tax return, work letter etc. We took all old passports and all original documents with us but nothing was seen. Only two passports within eligibility period, PR cards, Driving License and Health Cards were seen. I already knew that will happen. Hence, I made two folders. One to keep the Invitation Letter, PR cards, Driving License, Health Card, Passports within eligibility period and the translations…and the other with all other documents and old passports. The other folder remained unopened.

One important thing….although we only traveled once since we arrived in Canada…I still made a “Travel Log” for myself and my wife showing the dates when we arrived, the description and the dates with we went out and came back. This was really helpful in explaining the officer when she was tallying passport stamps with the original application.

You can take bags etc. inside. I wasn't sure about that as my wife and I had our office laptops bags along with documents folder bags. But no one checked and asked any questions.

Overall, it was a very welcoming, professional and relaxed environment. Very nice, polite and helpful staff.

I hope the above will be helpful in getting some stress relieved for some of you and good luck!
Great post.

Did u get any ans as to why it took then ages to invite people for tests?