+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

mira8098

Aug 7, 2015
I got an email from my MP on Feb 07 saying that they will call me for an IP soon but I don't know what she means by soon? I am still waiting to get an email or a letter from them.
it is been 11 days since I got that email so I am frustrated. I have been waiting since april 20th 2018

3bdcanada

Mar 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-Feb-2015
I got an email from my MP on Feb 07 saying that they will call me for an IP soon but I don't know what she means by soon? I am still waiting to get an email or a letter from them.
it is been 11 days since I got that email so I am frustrated. I have been waiting since april 20th 2018
There are quite many Mississauga applicants who applied few months before you and still didn't receive any test invite. That's quite normal with Mississauga office.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Just to put your mind at ease, I applied on Oct 2017 and didn’t get a test invite till 16 months later...

Reactions: newbiecitizen

UPPI

Nov 11, 2013
Hi All,

I am February 5, 2018 applicant. Local Office Mississauga. AOR - March 5. IP - May 10. FP -AUG 20. Still waiting for Test.

I contacted my local MP office (Brampton West) after exceeding 1 year since submission. Below is the reply that IRCC gave to MP.

Good day,

Thank you for contacting the Information Centre for Members of Parliament and Senators.

Following your email enquiry to the Information Centre for Members of Parliament and Senators on February 12, 2019, we received the following answer for the citizenship enquiry for NAME App: NUMBER:

"Please be advised that we are currently scheduling applications received in January, 2018. Note that this file was received on February, 2018. We anticipate we shall be able to process the file in approximately 6-8 weeks. Client will be notified once the testing date has been finalized."

We hope this information is helpful. If you require more information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

I am not sure if this means anything? Are they saying that my file will be completely processed in 6 to 8 weeks. or they are saying I will get test invite in 6 to 8 weeks?

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Hi All,

I am February 5, 2018 applicant. Local Office Mississauga. AOR - March 5. IP - May 10. FP -AUG 20. Still waiting for Test.

I contacted my local MP office (Brampton West) after exceeding 1 year since submission. Below is the reply that IRCC gave to MP.

Good day,

Thank you for contacting the Information Centre for Members of Parliament and Senators.

Following your email enquiry to the Information Centre for Members of Parliament and Senators on February 12, 2019, we received the following answer for the citizenship enquiry for NAME App: NUMBER:

"Please be advised that we are currently scheduling applications received in January, 2018. Note that this file was received on February, 2018. We anticipate we shall be able to process the file in approximately 6-8 weeks. Client will be notified once the testing date has been finalized."

We hope this information is helpful. If you require more information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

I am not sure if this means anything? Are they saying that my file will be completely processed in 6 to 8 weeks. or they are saying I will get test invite in 6 to 8 weeks?
Invite for test in 6-8 weeks

3bdcanada

Mar 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-Feb-2015
Hi All,

Good day,

Sincerely,

My guts feeling: If you told them you applied in Jan, they would have told you they are currently processing Dec applications. I don't buy this. There are many Feb and March Toronto applicants (whose processing office is in Mississauga) and already got the invite (or even completed their test) few weeks back.

mira8098

Aug 7, 2015
How long a person has to wait after the background check was finish
Just to put your mind at ease, I applied on Oct 2017 and didn’t get a test to invite till 16 months later...
I was able to get in contact with the 1800 number, and the agent told me that my background check had been done and they are just waiting for the IP date so how long you guys think it could take?

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
How long a person has to wait after the background check was finish

I was able to get in contact with the 1800 number, and the agent told me that my background check had been done and they are just waiting for the IP date so how long you guys think it could take?
They told me my background check was done more than 8 months ago, but after the test I was told they were waiting for my background check again , so I don’t really trust what they say anymore

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
My guts feeling: If you told them you applied in Jan, they would have told you they are currently processing Dec applications. I don't buy this. There are many Feb and March Toronto applicants (whose processing office is in Mississauga) and already got the invite (or even completed their test) few weeks back.
I actually do but it. There is always some odd ones out that take forever or a very fast. But generally, based on forum activity, it is in fact all about Jan/Feb 2018 at Mississauga right now.

fenomenalb

Star Member
Jan 16, 2014
Thats What my MP`s office said too....
16 months here and counting and still haven't gotten a test invite
It sounds like they have found another generic response to recycle. That is essentially what is showing on my recent GCMS notes as a response to the MP line (The MP staff just paraphrased what's written above). On a positive note, I was scheduled for an interview days after the MP request (not sure if it helped or just spurious correlation. Either way don't lose hope).

May 6, 2013
Hi All,

I attended a Citizenship Test at Mississauga Office last week. After the Test the officer asked me to sign the Authorization form to retrieve Exit/ Entry details from I-94 Website. I had made a few trips to US in last 5 years, but none over 1 week. I am October 2017 Applicant from Brampton and my test happened after 16 months. I had more than 6 month buffer when I applied form Citizenship.

Time Lines:
Application Sent: Oct 2017
AOR: Nov 2017
Finger Print Request: Oct 2018
Test Request: Feb 2019

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Hi All,

I attended a Citizenship Test at Mississauga Office last week. After the Test the officer asked me to sign the Authorization form to retrieve Exit/ Entry details from I-94 Website. I had made a few trips to US in last 5 years, but none over 1 week. I am October 2017 Applicant from Brampton and my test happened after 16 months. I had more than 6 month buffer when I applied form Citizenship.

Time Lines:
Application Sent: Oct 2017
AOR: Nov 2017
Finger Print Request: Oct 2018
Test Request: Feb 2019
But did u disclose those trips in ur application?