AOR (Acknowledgement) : Feb 6,2018
In process : March 6
Test Invite : Oct 10, 2018
Test Date : Nov 13,2018
Applicant location : Mississauga
Test Location : Mississauga
Family (3 Pax)

My questions :
  1. Me and my wife have received the test invitation today .I have also applied for my 5 Year old son , we have not received nay communication for him.I understand that he is not required to give test but ,i believe they will they also verify his landing documents .
  2. My son's passport is expiring this Dec 18 , Do we need to have a valid passport for citizenship?Since i am not too sure on DM and Oath invite, was wondering should i get his passport renewed ?
Can one please share your expertise or experience ?

thanks in advance

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
HI all,
I started to read this blog recently.
I am sharing my time lines and also have a question

My timelines
Date of application Dec 27,2017
AOR (Acknowledgement) : Feb 6,2018
In process : March 6
Test Invite : Oct 10, 2018
Test Date : Nov 13,2018
Applicant location : Mississauga
Test Location : Mississauga
Family (3 Pax)

My questions :
  1. Me and my wife have received the test invitation today .I have also applied for my 5 Year old son , we have not received nay communication for him.I understand that he is not required to give test but ,i believe they will they also verify his landing documents .
  2. My son's passport is expiring this Dec 18 , Do we need to have a valid passport for citizenship?Since i am not too sure on DM and Oath invite, was wondering should i get his passport renewed ?
Can one please share your expertise or experience ?

thanks in advance
1. You are correct.
2. No need :)

Good luck with your test.

thani_2003

Jun 8, 2018
After over 1 year in wait, I got the request for Finger Prints today. Application in Process since Nov 2017.
A clear delay tactic by IRCC. They send one to me back in August 6th which I had completed in the same day.

When I sent a web enquiry to make sure they received the RCMP report, their agent claim they didn't get it even after 27th day of me sending the report.

After checking with RCMP, I got a confirmation with reference number that they mail it to Scarborough office 2nd day.

IRCC didn't even cared to check before replying.

We are dealing with one of the world's worst government agencies, we have to acknowledge this now and deal with the truth.

I reduced my expectation to meet the facts.

mogli

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Happy Halloween y'all .. ;) now that we got the pleasantries out of the way .. how come it is impossible to reach immigration by phone ? I've been trying for months now, different times, and always get that freaking obnoxious woman's digital voice saying "we're currently experiencing high volume of calls and can not transfer you to an agent at this time" I'm sooooooooooo freaking sick of hearing that damn line! How are you all getting through ?
It's coming to 13 months for me, and still IP after passing the test in March, no news at all after.

newbie132

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
Happy Halloween y'all .. ;) now that we got the pleasantries out of the way .. how come it is impossible to reach immigration by phone ? I've been trying for months now, different times, and always get that freaking obnoxious woman's digital voice saying "we're currently experiencing high volume of calls and can not transfer you to an agent at this time" I'm sooooooooooo freaking sick of hearing that damn line! How are you all getting through ?
It's coming to 13 months for me, and still IP after passing the test in March, no news at all after.
Call 1-888-242-2100
On the first list of options, press 4 (citizenship)
Then press 0 to talk with agent.

mogli

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Call 1-888-242-2100
Hey thanks newbie, it worked, i'm in the queue now, wait time 22 mins lol better than not getting through!

May 6, 2013
Hi All,

I have been asked to provide Finger Prints within 30 days from a RCMP accredited center. I have been already waiting for over a year with application In Process since Nov 2017. I am looking for Finger Print place in Brampton / Mississauga that has some express Service to send out the Finger Print details to IRCC ASAP. Please advise.

mogli

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Call 1-888-242-2100

So I just got off the phone with immigration guys, the lady was amazingly nice, and told me all my background checks are done, and that the test results have not been updated yet. Can you believe they have not updated my test score yet since I passed it 20/20 in March? she said she will email the office in Mississauga and let them know to update the file. Lets see what happens next ..

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
So I just got off the phone with immigration guys, the lady was amazingly nice, and told me all my background checks are done, and that the test results have not been updated yet. Can you believe they have not updated my test score yet since I passed it 20/20 in March? she said she will email the office in Mississauga and let them know to update the file. Lets see what happens next ..
At this point , nothing they do (or not do) would surprise me

Nisha91

Jul 4, 2017
Toronto
Hi All,

I have been asked to provide Finger Prints within 30 days from a RCMP accredited center. I have been already waiting for over a year with application In Process since Nov 2017. I am looking for Finger Print place in Brampton / Mississauga that has some express Service to send out the Finger Print details to IRCC ASAP. Please advise.
You can go to any one that offers LiveScan digital Fingerprinting services. Fingerprints are sent digitally immediately and received by the RCMP. Then there is atleast one week delay from RCMP sending the FP results and IRCC receiving it. You can send an email to RCMP next day to confirm they have received your fingerprints and then enquire with IRCC through web form after about a week or so.

punk

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Get your MP office to inquire on your behalf. It's just easy that way