Interview........
none
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
When the invite has been sent, do they update the website where you check your application to Oath Sent?
Yes, once you get the invite, it'll get updated on ecas the next day.

Rachel4511

Oct 14, 2016
Yes, once you get the invite, it'll get updated on ecas the next day.
Great. Thank you. I took the test 25th Sept and I changed address around the same time, I was worried they mailed it to the wrong address but my status hasn't changed from Decision Made.

MILTON APPLICANT

May 24, 2018
After waiting for over 1 year, I contacted my MP. MP's office got a reply saying that application is non-routine. Please see the reply below and advise what are my options:

· The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia, on October 11, 2017.
· The application was considered complete and an acknowledgement letter was emailed to the applicant at XXXX@gmail.com on November 8, 2017.

· The application was considered non-routine due to the following reason(s):
o the criminality verifications are under review and there is no specific time frame for their completion.

· The criminality verifications are in process.
· The security verifications are currently valid.
· The immigration verifications have not been initiated.

Because the application is non-routine, there is no specific processing times to finalize it. Rest assured that all efforts are being made to ensure efficient processing of the application.
have you been invited to citizenship test.

tech2018

Oct 28, 2018
Hi everyone,

I just joined this forum so I can post here. I live in Mississauga and I applied back in May for citizenship. I was going through the spreadsheets and it is actually quite stark the difference between Mississauga and the rest of the country! Sometimes a little depressing. Statistically, it seems that Mississauga applicants take the longest in the country, sometimes twice as long as the rest to completely process their applications! Is this a fair assessment?

Now comes my question for those who are more experienced at monitoring this, keeping in mind I do understand that every case has its merits and there is no way to accurately predict individual cases. For work related purposes, I need to provide a rough timeline for citizenship application completion. Can you guys tell me what I should expect being a Mississauga applicant. Am I looking at more than 12 months wait (vs. 6-9 months for other areas in Canada)? Would that be a reasonable estimate? Thank you.

irnbru16

Star Member
Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2014
AOR Received.
25-03-2014
Med's Request
02-04-2015
Med's Done....
09-04-2015
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
Hi everyone,

I just joined this forum so I can post here. I live in Mississauga and I applied back in May for citizenship. I was going through the spreadsheets and it is actually quite stark the difference between Mississauga and the rest of the country! Sometimes a little depressing. Statistically, it seems that Mississauga applicants take the longest in the country, sometimes twice as long as the rest to completely process their applications! Is this a fair assessment?

Now comes my question for those who are more experienced at monitoring this, keeping in mind I do understand that every case has its merits and there is no way to accurately predict individual cases. For work related purposes, I need to provide a rough timeline for citizenship application completion. Can you guys tell me what I should expect being a Mississauga applicant. Am I looking at more than 12 months wait (vs. 6-9 months for other areas in Canada)? Would that be a reasonable estimate? Thank you.
Yes, if you're applying in Mississauga, mentally prepare yourself that it'll take at least 12 months or more, less if you're lucky.

maob12

Star Member
Apr 9, 2018
Hi everyone,

If you risk losing your job because of the citizenship application lengthy processing time, you can ask your employer to write a letter stating so and IRCC might treat your application as Urgent. Otherwise, there's no telling how long it might take, but if i was in your situation i would tell my employer that you're looking at 12 months with a possibility of it taking a little bit less.

Hope that helps!

tamu_anand

May 23, 2017
hello everyone

is there anybody on this thread/forum who
  1. is a Mississauga applicant who has applied for citizenship in Oct/Nov/Dec 2017
  2. has gotten a oath invite (or completed oath ceremony) by bow
If yes, could you please share your timeline

Thanks in advance,

Mrva21

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
Visa Office......
Mississauga

gommi

Oct 17, 2017
Completed my Oath ceremony today @ Mississauga office....It was a nice & simple ceremony...
Thank you all for the support in the forum. All the best ...

tamu_anand

May 23, 2017
Completed my Oath ceremony today @ Mississauga office....It was a nice & simple ceremony...
Thank you all for the support in the forum. All the best ...
Congrats - could you share your timeline. Also, are you a Mississauga based applicant - I ask this as I have seen Brampton applicants who had their test interview in Scarborough and the oath ceremony in the Mississauga office.

gommi

Oct 17, 2017
Congrats - could you share your timeline. Also, are you a Mississauga based applicant - I ask this as I have seen Brampton applicants who had their test interview in Scarborough and the oath ceremony in the Mississauga office.
Yes , I'm Mississauga applicant. test done in Scarborough location. Below is my timeline...

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 16, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 10, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on November 22, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on August 13, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 6, 2018 at 11:50 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on October 2, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on October 29, 2018 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.