+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Hello Guys,

In the next 10 days I am hitting 300 days since I applied to grant citizenship. Anyone with the same situation, and any advice? Thanks
LOL, you seem to come here for advice every week with your progressive timeline....
It looks like we have very similar case: mine was signed/received on Oct 13, IP on Dec 9 - so today is my first day of entering the 11th month. Last time I called IRCC, which was about 2 weeks ago, I was told by the agent if I still hadn't received test invite after 10 months, give them a call and they would send a message to the local office. Guess what? This morning I called an hour ago, and was told there's nothing they can do until it's been 12 months. So my experience should tell you two things:
- IRCC agents don't really know what they are talking about and each one of them can give you different answers, some may sound good to you some may not, but either way it would have nothing to do with what's going on
- There's nothing you can do but to wait.

J2018

Star Member
Mar 31, 2018
LOL, you seem to come here for advice every week with your progressive timeline....
It looks like we have very similar case: mine was signed/received on Oct 13, IP on Dec 9 - so today is my first day of entering the 11th month. Last time I called IRCC, which was about 2 weeks ago, I was told by the agent if I still hadn't received test invite after 10 months, give them a call and they would send a message to the local office. Guess what? This morning I called an hour ago, and was told there's nothing they can do until it's been 12 months. So my experience should tell you two things:
- IRCC agents don't really know what they are talking about and each one of them can give you different answers, some may sound good to you some may not, but either way it would have nothing to do with what's going on
- There's nothing you can do but to wait.
Thanks for sharing the good news lol, at least this gives me some relief. Thanks again and good luck with your last two months.

Alanzo

Jun 25, 2018
Hi everyone, I'm new here and I want to share my wife case with you. She applied for citizenship on september 12th, IRCC sent an AOR on october 30th and on the ecas it shows the process begin on november 26th. On april IRCC asked her to send her fingerprint and since then nothing. She already called twice and everytime they said to wait 12 months. By the way, I sent my application on october 16th and took the oath on april, got my new passport etc. We have exactly the same travel history. So, I really can't understand how they work and sorry for my bad english

Reactions: qorax

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Hi everyone, I'm new here and I want to share my wife case with you. She applied for citizenship on september 12th, IRCC sent an AOR on october 30th and on the ecas it shows the process begin on november 26th. On april IRCC asked her to send her fingerprint and since then nothing. She already called twice and everytime they said to wait 12 months. By the way, I sent my application on october 16th and took the oath on april, got my new passport etc. We have exactly the same travel history. So, I really can't understand how they work and sorry for my bad english
Would you like to complete a webform and send it to IRCC; it’s available on the website.
Don’t worry about your English, you are already a citizen. Congratulations :)

Alanzo

Jun 25, 2018
Would you like to complete a webform and send it to IRCC; it’s available on the website.
Don’t worry about your English, you are already a citizen. Congratulations :)
Thanks! We already sent a webform last month and the agent said she will contact the local office.

gommi

Oct 17, 2017
Wow !!! We got the test invite finally after long long waiting...
Update the tracker Pls...Test is on 6th Sept at Scarborough ....I'm Mississauga applicant though...

Reactions: Jayson

mumbai1985

Feb 25, 2014
Hi guys. We passed the test today at Scarborough. To our surprise, our oath is tomorrow at Scarborough.

I'm a Brampton applicant. Our file was in Mississauga. But test invite was from Scarborough.

Sent - Oct 16.
Aor - Oct 31.
In process - Nov 23.
Test - Aug 14.
Oath scheduled- Aug 15.

Ironically, I'm losing my Indian citizenship and gaining Canadian citizenship on the day of Indian independence.

Reactions: qorax and sn2014

sn2014

Feb 19, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2014
AOR Received.
27-03-2014
File Transfer...
27-03-2014
Med's Request
11-06-2014
Med's Done....
17-06-2014
Passport Req..
12-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Visa dated 11-11-2014/received 5-12-2014
LANDED..........
27-02-2015
That’s awesome! Congratulations! You waited quite a while for the test invite and things moved so swiftly after!
Hi guys. We passed the test today at Scarborough. To our surprise, our oath is tomorrow at Scarborough.

I'm a Brampton applicant. Our file was in Mississauga. But test invite was from Scarborough.

Sent - Oct 16.
Aor - Oct 31.
In process - Nov 23.
Test - Aug 14.
Oath scheduled- Aug 15.

Ironically, I'm losing my Indian citizenship and gaining Canadian citizenship on the day of Indian independence.

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013

Sent - Oct 16.
Aor - Oct 31.
In process - Nov 23.
Test - Aug 14.
Oath scheduled- Aug 15.

Congratulations fellow! :)
I hope your wife is doing well.
Cheers :)