+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

FloydCan

Star Member
Nov 17, 2017
My friend (Scarborough office) got DM less than a couple of weeks after test...we actually live within 20 minutes of walking distance, somehow my file ended up in Mississauga... must have been picked up by the wrong truck
It's not a wrong truck. From what I observed, there are two reasons a file gets transferred; 1. Help in offloading. 2. Files that require more experienced examination are sent to Mississauga because it appears they have the most expertise than any other office. The last one I read from IRCC operational manuals.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
It's not a wrong truck. From what I observed, there are two reasons a file gets transferred; 1. Help in offloading. 2. Files that require more experienced examination are sent to Mississauga because it appears they have the most expertise than any other office. The last one I read from IRCC operational manuals.
I have no idea how my would need any extra experience to process - not from any “sensitive” countries , full-time employment with only one job change, only changed address once, single, over 1500+ days... must be one of those most boring applications that would take a lot of energy to find something wrong with it - but I do recognize it’s not just me, most people assigned to Mississauga office are not really seeing any movement

xmaster82

Dec 1, 2014
My friend (Scarborough office) got DM less than a couple of weeks after test...we actually live within 20 minutes of walking distance, somehow my file ended up in Mississauga... must have been picked up by the wrong truck

And that friend doesn’t even live in Canada anymore- moved to another country about 5 months ago before IP
The processing is extremely random. There seems to be no clear rationale behind the processing pattern. Currently, its absolutely miserable situation for Mississauga Applicants. Lets hope things change for better.

Ehsan_Ehsan

Jan 22, 2013
Does anyone know if CIC needs to know of marital status change after citizenship application has been sent out? Assuming the marriage happened after the application was sent.

toronto213

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
The processing is extremely random. There seems to be no clear rationale behind the processing pattern. Currently, its absolutely miserable situation for Mississauga Applicants. Lets hope things change for better.
No its not random. It is just stopped

swinglow

Oct 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/03/2010
AOR Received.
20/04/2010
File Transfer...
21/07/2010
Med's Request
05/06/2012
Med's Done....
14/06/2012
Interview........
skipped
Passport Req..
02/10/2012
VISA ISSUED...
09/10/2012
LANDED..........
15th march 2013
Hi everyone. Its my first time on this thread.
I wrote the citizenship test on 2nd of dec 2017 at the Mississauga office and have not received any oath taking mail till now. I called in to customer service in feb 2018 and they told me i missed the ceremony which was on the 22nd of Jan. I told them i did not get any mail inviting me to ceremony. No emails, no hard copy mails. They told me to write a letter explaining. After 3 weeks they told me the oath taking invite letter was returned to their office because Canada post did not deliver it. Now they told me to wait for another letter and i have been waiting for over a month now.

I need to travel out of Canada by next month and my pr card expired in march. I do not want to travel without a travel document and apply from outside canada. I want to renew my pr card but it takes 3 months and i do not have the time.

Has anyone experienced this before? Any kind of advice will be appreciated.

toronto213

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
I wrote the citizenship test on 2nd of dec 2017 at the Mississauga office and have not received any oath taking mail till now. I called in to customer service in feb 2018 and they told me i missed the ceremony which was on the 22nd of Jan. I told them i did not get any mail inviting me to ceremony. No emails, no hard copy mails. They told me to write a letter explaining. After 3 weeks they told me the oath taking invite letter was returned to their office because Canada post did not deliver it. Now they told me to wait for another letter and i have been waiting for over a month now.

I need to travel out of Canada by next month and my pr card expired in march. I do not want to travel without a travel document and apply from outside canada. I want to renew my pr card but it takes 3 months and i do not have the time.

What about ECAS status?
Did they update your OLD oath Date on ECAS

swinglow

Oct 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/03/2010
AOR Received.
20/04/2010
File Transfer...
21/07/2010
Med's Request
05/06/2012
Med's Done....
14/06/2012
Interview........
skipped
Passport Req..
02/10/2012
VISA ISSUED...
09/10/2012
LANDED..........
15th march 2013

amk76

Apr 17, 2017
Anybody planning on renewing PR card? Mine will expire in about 9-10 months, given the speed in Mississauga office , I am not sure I will get my passport before that ...
our PR expiring in July. Applied for renewal in Feb. Online status says decision made. Still not received

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013

That's unfortunate! When did you apply?

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial application
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
In process since Nov 17, 2017. Don't know whats going on, what are they doing ? Call centre says everything is fine - no concern and i am still with in the time limits :(

newbie132

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
In process since Nov 17, 2017. Don't know whats going on, what are they doing ? Call centre says everything is fine - no concern and i am still with in the time limits :(
Same situation here.
In process since Nov 23, 2017 and call centre saying I am still within the 12 months processing time. :)
Just got to wait.