+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

toronto213

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Folks, I live in Mississauga & applied for Citizenship on Oct 17th 2017. My application started showing IP on Jan 11th 2018 and on April 3rd, I received a notification for Citizenship Test in Scarborough on April 16th.

Have other applicants that live in Mississauga also been sent for testing to Scarborough?

Thanks & regards,

Mohit
I lot of applicants, its normal. Don't worry !!

tetew

Oct 18, 2017
got my oath invitation on april 27,test and interview(march12)
good luck to all mississauga applicants

glob

Oct 6, 2017
Looks like Mississauga office is stalled since March. Some lucky people got invites before that.

mg7

Sep 19, 2017
Looks like Mississauga office is stalled since March. Some lucky people got invites before that.
Yes, my wife got invite & oath all done before that. I too feel Mississauga office for some reason stalled and pushed their work load over to Scarborough. What a misfortune to be having to deal with an office that remain non-committal with timelines for Oath etc?

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
Yes, my wife got invite & oath all done before that. I too feel Mississauga office for some reason stalled and pushed their work load over to Scarborough. What a misfortune to be having to deal with an office that remain non-committal with timelines for Oath etc?

What do you mean by non-committal? Don’t forget that there are hundreds and probably thousands not on this forum. Example - I was the only person on my test day who was on this forum. There were about 50 people present on my test and I believe there was another test that day. So by that example 1% of the applicants is represented on the forum. So I am intrigued what information you have that says Mississauga or any office for that matter is not committing - and committing to what? Processing time is 1 year. You could apply on October 15, 2017 and have your oath on October 14, 2018, and they would be within processing time.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
What do you mean by non-committal? Don’t forget that there are hundreds and probably thousands not on this forum. Example - I was the only person on my test day who was on this forum. There were about 50 people present on my test and I believe there was another test that day. So by that example 1% of the applicants is represented on the forum. So I am intrigued what information you have that says Mississauga or any office for that matter is not committing - and committing to what? Processing time is 1 year. You could apply on October 15, 2017 and have your oath on October 14, 2018, and they would be within processing time.
I'm in agreement with your post. One little correction, though. DM by October 14th would be within processing time. Another 6 months after is still within guidelines.

css2011

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
Are the families getting interviewed together after the test sessions?
Of course I understand that the test sessions are not done sitting together,;). But what about the interviews ?

mg7

Sep 19, 2017
Without any arguments, the frustration is from an inconsistent operating procedurr from a government agency that is relied on fair process.

Reactions: FloydCan

FloydCan

Star Member
Nov 17, 2017
Without any arguments, the frustration is from an inconsistent operating procedurr from a government agency that is relied on fair process.
Inconsistency also in the order applications are processed, you have people waiting over 7 months for a test invite and people coming after them getting an invite within 3 months or less.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Inconsistency also in the order applications are processed, you have people waiting over 7 months for a test invite and people coming after them getting an invite within 3 months or less.
I would venture that 90% or more of those situations are because some peoples background checks take longer than others. It's fundamentally incorrect to compare the processing of individual applications beyond AOR.