+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

kumori

Star Member
May 13, 2021
do you have something like s.17, s.21, s.22 or something similar at the top right corner of that page? It could still be Grant DF but they might have redacted/erased DF.
Hi friend. I got my ATIP note, and my top right corner is s. 15 (1). Do you know what it means?

citapplicant

Oct 9, 2023
Hi friend. I got my ATIP note, and my top right corner is s. 15 (1). Do you know what it means?
See here https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/a-1/page-2.html#373. I'll copy it here so we have a copy here as well. I think it just means they are doing some sort of investigation/review and don't want to disclose it. Not a big deal.

• 15(1) The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any record requested under this Part that contains information the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the conduct of international affairs, the defence of Canada or any state allied or associated with Canada or the detection, prevention or suppression of subversive or hostile activities, including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, any such information
    • (a) relating to military tactics or strategy, or relating to military exercises or operations undertaken in preparation for hostilities or in connection with the detection, prevention or suppression of subversive or hostile activities;
    • (b) relating to the quantity, characteristics, capabilities or deployment of weapons or other defence equipment or of anything being designed, developed, produced or considered for use as weapons or other defence equipment;
    • (c) relating to the characteristics, capabilities, performance, potential, deployment, functions or role of any defence establishment, of any military force, unit or personnel or of any organization or person responsible for the detection, prevention or suppression of subversive or hostile activities;
    • (d) obtained or prepared for the purpose of intelligence relating to
      • (i) the defence of Canada or any state allied or associated with Canada, or
      • (ii) the detection, prevention or suppression of subversive or hostile activities;
    • (e) obtained or prepared for the purpose of intelligence respecting foreign states, international organizations of states or citizens of foreign states used by the Government of Canada in the process of deliberation and consultation or in the conduct of international affairs;
    • (f) on methods of, and scientific or technical equipment for, collecting, assessing or handling information referred to in paragraph (d) or (e) or on sources of such information;
    • (g) on the positions adopted or to be adopted by the Government of Canada, governments of foreign states or international organizations of states for the purpose of present or future international negotiations;
    • (h) that constitutes diplomatic correspondence exchanged with foreign states or international organizations of states or official correspondence exchanged with Canadian diplomatic missions or consular posts abroad; or
    • (i) relating to the communications or cryptographic systems of Canada or foreign states used
      • (i) for the conduct of international affairs,
      • (ii) for the defence of Canada or any state allied or associated with Canada, or
      • (iii) in relation to the detection, prevention or suppression of subversive or hostile activities.

Reactions: kumori

buvankumar

Jan 24, 2024
Applied for Citizenship as family and LPP completed 2/14 for adults waiting on Citizenship Ceremony to be initiated.
But for minor status shows In progress, is this expected?
Or
We need need to wait for status update for minor as well before they schedule/initiate Citizenship Ceremony?