+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

Ouluman

Feb 29, 2016
It was a wonderful ceremony, no questions just verified our identities.
you meant you weren't asked any particular question ? May I ask if you have spent any time outside canada duirng the 5 year period right before your application?

Debby25

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
you meant you weren't asked any particular question ? May I ask if you have spent any time outside canada duirng the 5 year period right before your application?
Hi! @Smsm73 is talking about the Oath Ceremony.

What I assume you are asking about is the interview which is usually done before LPP is completed.
It is an interview to verify your documents and yes, if you travelled a lot in the past 5 years and/or you applied with the bare minimum days, they are going to recalculate your physical presence.

The interview usually lasts 15-20 minutes and they are going to ask you to confirm the info your provided on your application

Rose@watan

Star Member
Apr 19, 2020
I got an invite for in person interview. Application is being processed by MIS office but my in person interview is in SCR office next week.
That is normal my son's application has been processed by the Niagara Falls office and he did his interview with the Kitchener office. and then his oath was online with the Niagara Falls office.

Reactions: iammr322

iammr322

Star Member
Sep 3, 2018
Thank you for sharing. Do you know how long did it take for the oath to be scheduled after the interview? I believe the LPP cleared after the interview ?
That is normal my son's application has been processed by the Niagara Falls office and he did his interview with the Kitchener office. and then his oath was online with the Niagara Falls office.

Debby25

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
Thank you for sharing. Do you know how long did it take for the oath to be scheduled after the interview? I believe the LPP cleared after the interview ?
My LPP got cleared the same day of the interview (updated on tracker after two days), then my application got stuck for some reason and I’ve been waiting 8 weeks now.

Someone I know did the interview the same day as me, and they are already Canadian citizen.

• Sad
Reactions: iammr322

Hansanta

Star Member
Sep 30, 2023
Updated timeline:

May 9- application submitted
May 31st - AOR received
Jun 28 - Background verification completed
Jun 29 - Citizenship Test invite
Jul 17 - Citizenship Test completed
Nov 30 - LPP completed
Jan 29 - Status changed to In Progress of Oath Ceremony
Jan 22 - Email received for Oath Ceremony
Jan 29 - Oath Scheduled

WhiteMocha

Mar 16, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
15-05-2021
LANDED..........
14-12-2018
Anyone receiving anything related to Oath recently from Mississauga office?

gopalk

Jun 18, 2021
Guys is the MIS office fast or slow? and how long does it usually take for LPP complete after taking the test?