+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

citapplicant

Oct 9, 2023
Yeh i asked the same question and they said it's how the officers exchange notes by using abbreviations. so the good news they didnt see any red flags and had it internally approved but perhaps it was a matter of getting it reviewed and updated on the tracker. Prohibitions are hard to answer why it's still pending but thats hopefully something GCMS notes can also help with. I recently found out about CSIC notes as well (and CBSA notes). might be worth requesting those if they are free.

I'm seeing oath dates being offered in Jan so i'll likely be in the new year, lets see fingers crossed for something sooner!
In my GCMS notes, my security clearance is redacted but its status is listed as passed. I also asked for my CBSA and CSIS notes but they are still in progress. My criminality passed as well. So, I guess, as you said, they did approve it internally, but have not updated my tracker yet. We'll see I guess hahaha. Good luck with your journey. Best wishes!

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
Does anyone know how IRCC determines who gets an oath invite once LPP is passed? I've seen people with their file in Mississauga getting their oath invites within a week of LPP completion.

And then there's me :')

Minister D

Star Member
Feb 19, 2021
Does anyone know how IRCC determines who gets an oath invite once LPP is passed? I've seen people with their file in Mississauga getting their oath invites within a week of LPP completion.

I see people waiting from June with LPP completion with no oath in sight.

• Wow
Reactions: Kami194

Hansanta

Star Member
Sep 30, 2023

When did you pass your LPP? I passed mine very recently (Nov 30).

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
When did you pass your LPP? I passed mine very recently (Nov 30).
Nov 2

Omg no way! Jeez why would it take so long. Have are you pending your oath too?
I assume there are more people ready for oath than "spots" available, so there's a backlog of 2022 applicants who have been waiting for a year or so, 2023 applicants and shortly, 2024 applicants.

Oath invites seem very random too, most folks in the August 2023 thread got their oath invite within days of LPP completion, so far I think I'm the only applicant with LPP completion and no oath invite within 2 weeks.

Hansanta

Star Member
Sep 30, 2023
Nov 2

I assume there are more people ready for oath than "spots" available, so there's a backlog of 2022 applicants who have been waiting for a year or so, 2023 applicants and shortly, 2024 applicants.

Oath invites seem very random too, most folks in the August 2023 thread got their oath invite within days of LPP completion, so far I think I'm the only applicant with LPP completion and no oath invite within 2 weeks.
Okay yah that makes sense to prioritize 2022 applicants. I've also seen 2023 get their dates within 1 week too (majority but not all). I do hope they don't make people wait weeks for oath ceremony. I imagine virtual oaths should be faster right? It would be ridiculous to drag it by booking in person. I prefer virtual because it's so convenient.

pseetha

Jan 1, 2018
What is the average e-certificate download time frame after oath, for Mississauga, nowadays? 2-5 days still honoured?

RossMatt

Oct 28, 2023
Does anybody with a cancelled oath ceremony due to an "administrative error" get new oath dates from the Mississauga office? My friend's oath was November 16 from the Mississauga office, but it was cancelled two days before. Please share your experience if possible. I appreciate any help you can provide.

pseetha

Jan 1, 2018
Does anybody with a cancelled oath ceremony due to an "administrative error" get new oath dates from the Mississauga office? My friend's oath was November 16 from the Mississauga office, but it was cancelled two days before. Please share your experience if possible. I appreciate any help you can provide.
There are last minute validations done by clerk with all agencies. Even if there is delay in getting a response, I think they send this email of admin error

kikikokiki

Jan 20, 2021
What is the average e-certificate download time frame after oath, for Mississauga, nowadays? 2-5 days still honoured?
I took the same oath on Dec. 4 for Mississauga, and I sent the signed form immediately right after the ceremony. I called this morning, and the agent told me that the processing office received my form yesterday (Dec. 5) and it's attached to my profile but not yet reviewed. Turns out, that the 2-5 business days start once they actually receive our forms, not when we send them.

pseetha

Jan 1, 2018
I took the same oath on Dec. 4 for Mississauga, and I sent the signed form immediately right after the ceremony. I called this morning, and the agent told me that the processing office received my form yesterday (Dec. 5) and it's attached to my profile but not yet reviewed. Turns out, that the 2-5 business days start once they actually receive our forms, not when we send them.
Perfect. Thanks for the clarification

alexbb

Oct 2, 2021
My LPP just got complete. Ceremony not started yet. But I have travel plan in Jan and Feb. Should I contact IRCC to let them know about my time outside of Canada so they will not schedule oath day during that time?

Suryarao611

Sep 23, 2020
My LPP just got complete. Ceremony not started yet. But I have travel plan in Jan and Feb. Should I contact IRCC to let them know about my time outside of Canada so they will not schedule oath day during that time?
I think you need to wait till you receive oath invite for you to reschedule it. Anyways Jan and Feb are far, wait it out.

Reactions: alexbb

kikikokiki

Jan 20, 2021
I got my e-certificate downloaded this morning (2 hours after the call) and off to apply for the passport.

Here's my final timeline, hope that helps anyone with visioning the processing time for the Mississauga office. Good luck y'all!!

Type: Online application
Application: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1,171
Application sent: August 24, 2023
AOR: October 10
Able to create tracker: October 12
GU #1: October 18
Background verification completed: October 18 (Tracker updated on Oct 20)
Scheduled for test: October 27
Test invite email received: October 27 (Office: Mississauga)
Time window: October 30 – November 19
Test taken: October 31 night
Test completed: November 1 (Tracker updated on Nov 3)
LPP completed: November 8 (Tracker updated on Nov 10)
Oath invite: November 21 (Tracker updated on Nov 23)
Ceremony: December 4 1PM EST
E-certificate downloaded: December 6