+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Application got moved in a batch early this year from SCR to Mississauga - starting to get more and more annoyed this happened because Miss seem to be so slow with organizing oath ceremonies.

Had a date in April we had to postpone due to travel and no update since April 15th (original ceremony date) when it went back to in progress.

Anyone had any luck with a rescheduled ceremony lately?
My application got moved from NGF to Mississauga before my test. I am pissed too because my LPP is done since June 23 and I still dont have an oath invitation.

saksvig

Star Member
Jun 15, 2020

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
does getting the citizenship test from this email also confirm if Oath scheduling will also be done thru Mississauga Office ? I have my LPP complete since July 31 and gauging when should I expect Oath scheduling because I have a travel plan coming up at the end of August. Just hoping they schedule in Sept.

IRCC.DNMISCitizenshipE-Test-ExamenenligneCitoyenneteMISRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
This says that your test invite came from Mississauga. Cant say for certain if the oath will come from same office. People in BC have received oath invites from Calgary etc. So best not to assume, you can call and ask.

saksvig

Star Member
Jun 15, 2020
This says that your test invite came from Mississauga. Cant say for certain if the oath will come from same office. People in BC have received oath invites from Calgary etc. So best not to assume, you can call and ask.
Thanks Sarvesh !! I thought it’s also to do with area of residence. But hey .. it’s IRCC .. your file could be in any nook & corner of their offices Canada wide.

do you know on average .. what’s the timeline from LPP to Oath Ceremony. Just a ballpark to gauge.

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Thanks Sarvesh !! I thought it’s also to do with area of residence. But hey .. it’s IRCC .. your file could be in any nook & corner of their offices Canada wide.

do you know on average .. what’s the timeline from LPP to Oath Ceremony. Just a ballpark to gauge.
I want to say its less than 30 days, because thats what the trend is on the 2022 applications tracker (Who got their oaths in 2023) -

But i am personally waiting for oath invitation since June 23. So I cannot really say taht it is true. Although I hope you get it sooner. I have been waiting 45+ days now.

cncoder

Jan 12, 2023
I want to say its less than 30 days, because thats what the trend is on the 2022 applications tracker (Who got their oaths in 2023) -

But i am personally waiting for oath invitation since June 23. So I cannot really say taht it is true. Although I hope you get it sooner. I have been waiting 45+ days now.
I am in the same boat as you. My LPP was completed on June 21st and I still do not have an oath date. I have called IRCC and they said that there is no update on the file yet.

Reactions: sarvesh90

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
No updates unfortunately. No movement since my LPP was completed on May 16.
This is extremely infuriating from Mississauga VO. Other Visa offices are literally sending out oath invites a day after LPP. And here we are, waiting for months after LPP.

Jul 6, 2023
No updates unfortunately. No movement since my LPP was completed on
No updates unfortunately. No movement since my LPP was completed on May 16.
Did you try calling IRCC or requested for GCMS note. My LPP is completed on May 17. No movement after that. My GCMS note says Citizenship granted and e grant ceremony ready. So I don't know, at this point what should I do. It's been almost 3 months to just schedule a ceremony. Anyone knows, how these things work.

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
This is extremely infuriating from Mississauga VO. Other Visa offices are literally sending out oath invites a day after LPP. And here we are, waiting for months after LPP.
Hi there, I understand your frustration. A friend of mine in Mississauga received their oath invitation nearly 3 months after their LPP. Surprisingly, their oath was scheduled under 6 months after the test, which seems to be IRCC's goal. I hope your oath notice arrives soon. On the bright side, your decision has been made, and the oath could be right around the corner. Keep your spirits up, my friend!

Reactions: Ray0628

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Hi there, I understand your frustration. A friend of mine in Mississauga received their oath invitation nearly 3 months after their LPP. Surprisingly, their oath was scheduled under 6 months after the test, which seems to be IRCC's goal. I hope your oath notice arrives soon. On the bright side, your decision has been made, and the oath could be right around the corner. Keep your spirits up, my friend!
I have a travel coming up in September and I raised a webform 2 weeks ago informing them about it. They responded to my webform acknowledging it, and also confirmed last week on call that the file has been sent to oath scheduling team.

I wouldnt really care for the application if i had no travel plans. But i just dont understand sitting on the file after LPP even if someone has made a genuine request due to travel plans.

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
I have a travel coming up in September and I raised a webform 2 weeks ago informing them about it. They responded to my webform acknowledging it, and also confirmed last week on call that the file has been sent to oath scheduling team.

I wouldnt really care for the application if i had no travel plans. But i just dont understand sitting on the file after LPP even if someone has made a genuine request due to travel plans.
I hope IRCC comes through buddy!