+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Just inform them that the country which your planning to goto isnt visa free with your home countrys passport, so you would require a canadian passport to travel.
Can you please provide more details on what you wrote in the webform? I have a genuine case of travel and need the oath expedited.

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Just inform them that the country which your planning to goto isnt visa free with your home countrys passport, so you would require a canadian passport to travel.
I would advise against anyone to not misrepresent themselves this way with IRCC. Misrepresentation is grounds for revocation of citizenship should it come to light in the future.

rizingphoenix

Star Member
Dec 29, 2021
I would advise against anyone to not misrepresent themselves this way with IRCC. Misrepresentation is grounds for revocation of citizenship should it come to light in the future.
Never told anyone to misrepresent anything. Just told based on personal experience to be used wisely based on your immediate needs be it job, medical etc.

rizingphoenix

Star Member
Dec 29, 2021
Can you please provide more details on what you wrote in the webform? I have a genuine case of travel and need the oath expedited.
In my scenario, i have a potential job offer in US, for which i had needed a TN visa on a Canadian passport. Also my LPP was completed and on ecas it was decision made. Nothing was pending for me. this is what i had mentioned. Post which after a week i could see an oath invite been sent to me. This is what i mentioned in my webform. I had also attached the ticket within the webform.

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
In my scenario, i have a potential job offer in US, for which i had needed a TN visa on a Canadian passport. Also my LPP was completed and on ecas it was decision made. Nothing was pending for me. this is what i had mentioned. Post which after a week i could see an oath invite been sent to me. This is what i mentioned in my webform. I had also attached the ticket within the webform.
Requiring Canadian citizenship to apply for a job is grounds for urgent processing. You needed Canadian citizenship to be eligible for the TN visa which is in turn needed to get the new job. This is the reason your oath was expedited.

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
You have not provided details of your travel and how it is affected by the oath.

Write to IRCC making the case of why you need the oath expedited for purpose of the travel.

Edit - Regardless, IRCC instructs all applicants to inform them if leaving Canada for more than 2 weeks. So if this trip is more than 2 weeks you should inform them of your plans even if not asking for an expedite, so that it does not clash with any appointments they may call you for.

I have seen cases where they have rescheduled people to dates before their travel to avoid the clash but just I have also just as often seen them reschedule oaths to after the trip.

harmaine

Star Member
Apr 6, 2023
Still I would say scarborough office is much faster than mississauga office. My husband applied almost a month after me and his lpp was marked completed on June 21 (while mine was May 17) and he is already scheduled for oath ceremony tomorrow afternoon.
Yeah Scarborough is doing really well at the moment! Your invite will come soon - rest assured !!

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
You have not provided details of your travel and how it is affected by the oath.

Write to IRCC making the case of why you need the oath expedited for purpose of the travel.

Edit - Regardless, IRCC instructs all applicants to inform them if leaving Canada for more than 2 weeks. So if this trip is more than 2 weeks you should inform them of your plans even if not asking for an expedite, so that it does not clash with any appointments they may call you for.

I have seen cases where they have rescheduled people to dates before their travel to avoid the clash but just I have also just as often seen them reschedule oaths to after the trip.
I provided them details of my travel, including tickets and travel dates back and forth.

I also said that I need the oath expedited because I need time to apply for Canadian passport and then Indian e-visa in order to ensure my travel is not impacted.

Reactions: Wacky1.nash

Pri1090

Star Member
Sep 24, 2018
Hi, did anyone get Oath invite recently from the Mississauga office, who got their LPP completed in mid-July. Mine got completed -July 18. I have heard people getting invites in 2 weeks.

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Hi, did anyone get Oath invite recently from the Mississauga office, who got their LPP completed in mid-July. Mine got completed -July 18. I have heard people getting invites in 2 weeks.
Lol, there are people from April/May that are waiting for oath from Mississauga.
I am waiting since June 23. Patience :)

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Just spoke to a nice IRCC agent that said my file had an update this week - sent to the team that schedules oath ceremonies! Not sure if that means anything but at least some update.

Been waiting for an update since LPP completed June 23