+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

Jul 6, 2023
My e-cert arrived at around 8 am this morning (in less than 24 hours after the Zoom ceremony!!) Great processing speed from MIS office
Not really. My application is stuck in mississauga office since May 17. My lpp was completed on May 17 and it's been more than 2 months that I am waiting to hear about oath ceremony. I have seen other applicants, whose lpp was completed in June had Oath invitation already. I sent email to mississauga office obviously no reply, also requested GCMS note but no luck. I don't know how long I have to wait to hear about my oath ceremony.

harmaine

Star Member
Apr 6, 2023
Not really. My application is stuck in mississauga office since May 17. My lpp was completed on May 17 and it's been more than 2 months that I am waiting to hear about oath ceremony. I have seen other applicants, whose lpp was completed in June had Oath invitation already. I sent email to mississauga office obviously no reply, also requested GCMS note but no luck. I don't know how long I have to wait to hear about my oath ceremony.
Yeah very frustrating to figure out how they select candidates for the oath ceremony. I myself waited for over 3 months to get the oath invite. Overall the whole process took 10 months for me. 2023 applicants are moving a bit faster apparently.

Having been through the wait myself, I can totally understand how you're feeling right now and kind of clueless about whats going on BUT! your invite will come and you'll be done with this all soon too!! Wishing you very best of luck!

esquire75

Jul 7, 2015
Toronto
I am in the exact same situation. LPP completed on May 16. My MP just told me to wait December 2023 before contacting them again lol (the famous 19 months processing time). You're not alone. I don't understand why is so long to just give us a date. The application is done.

rizingphoenix

Star Member
Dec 29, 2021
Just a suggestion book a cancellable ticket for any destination in august and send in the ticket using a webform mentioning the reason why you need the oath to be expedited and also specifying that your lpp has been completed. it does work based on personal experience.

Reactions: rushi.gada

abhi777shek

Jun 17, 2018
How long did it take for you to receive GCMS notes?

gants888

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
I am in the exact same situation. LPP completed on May 16. My MP just told me to wait December 2023 before contacting them again lol (the famous 19 months processing time). You're not alone. I don't understand why is so long to just give us a date. The application is done.
You guys are definitely not alone! I am on the same boat as well. LPP completed on June 6 and still waiting for the oath ceremony. I totally heard you, the application should be done by this point!!!! No idea how they process the application, it is like totally by luck~

Reactions: esquire75
Jul 6, 2023
Yeah very frustrating to figure out how they select candidates for the oath ceremony. I myself waited for over 3 months to get the oath invite. Overall the whole process took 10 months for me. 2023 applicants are moving a bit faster apparently.

Having been through the wait myself, I can totally understand how you're feeling right now and kind of clueless about whats going on BUT! your invite will come and you'll be done with this all soon too!! Wishing you very best of luck!
Still I would say scarborough office is much faster than mississauga office. My husband applied almost a month after me and his lpp was marked completed on June 21 (while mine was May 17) and he is already scheduled for oath ceremony tomorrow afternoon.

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Just a suggestion book a cancellable ticket for any destination in august and send in the ticket using a webform mentioning the reason why you need the oath to be expedited and also specifying that your lpp has been completed. it does work based on personal experience.
Wouldn't they just ask you to inform them when you are back in Canada and they would schedule the oath then?

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
I have an actual trip coming up on September 09 and i raised a webform last week with the tickets. Today they responded to my webform that the documents have been added to my file. I am hoping it really works because i have booked those tickets back in February.
Waiting for oath, LPP COMPLETED June 23.

harmaine

Star Member
Apr 6, 2023
Still I would say scarborough office is much faster than mississauga office. My husband applied almost a month after me and his lpp was marked completed on June 21 (while mine was May 17) and he is already scheduled for oath ceremony tomorrow afternoon.

Scarborough doing really great at the moment I agree. Yours will come soon too!!

rizingphoenix

Star Member
Dec 29, 2021
Wouldn't they just ask you to inform them when you are back in Canada and they would schedule the oath then?
Just inform them that the country which your planning to goto isnt visa free with your home countrys passport, so you would require a canadian passport to travel.