+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
I have my Citizenship Ceremony scheduled on June 28; i haven’t received any formal email yet but i do see that The ceremony on June 28 (Mississauga) is “open to public” so does that mean it will be in-person?
Answered in another thread where you posted the same thing. Go look there. ;)

muskan786

Star Member
Nov 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2014
Hello Everyone,
I applied for citizenship with family (paper Application) on 4th April 2023. Me and my husband got test invitation and we completed on 14th June 2023.
My husband's tracker status changed , Test Completed. However, I can't login to my tracker after test completed, every time when I try to login, It keeps browsing and don't open tracker.
Anyone have idea, why it is like this?
Another question, How I can know, which visa office is processing your file? I am in Mississauga.

Thanks

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello Everyone,
I applied for citizenship with family (paper Application) on 4th April 2023. Me and my husband got test invitation and we completed on 14th June 2023.
My husband's tracker status changed , Test Completed. However, I can't login to my tracker after test completed, every time when I try to login, It keeps browsing and don't open tracker.
Anyone have idea, why it is like this?
Another question, How I can know, which visa office is processing your file? I am in Mississauga.

Thanks
Looks like your test is still not marked as completed by IRCC. Once it is done the be tracker should start working.

Test invite email address has info about your processing office. Mostly will be Mississauga.

Vratesh

Star Member
Jul 20, 2017
Not many, just 2 trips totalling 18days but I was actually worried because I had just 4 buffer days…

Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1099
Application: Single
Application sent: Dec 24/22
Delivered: Dec 30/22
AOR: Feb 21/23
ECSA In Progress: Mar 31/23
BG completed: Apr 4/23
Test invite: May 11 (Test window May 15 - Jun 4)
Test Completed: May 26/23 (passed May 30)
LP Completed: Jun 8/23 (updated Jun 10)
P. Presence: Jun 12/23 (updated Jun 15)
ECSA Decision Made: Jun 15/23
Oaths invite: Not started

That's great that marked P. presence complete in 5 days after LP. Hopefully it's the same way for me. Has your case always been at Mississauga? Mine was transferred from NGF. Not sure when but it was sometime after test completion (March 24th). So I am guessing the officer in Mississauga must have only ordered CBSA records recently. I may have to wait for a month or so. Hopefully the wait is not too longer than that. At least I have heard Mississauga is faster and they have started in-person oath again. So hopefully once P. presence is complete, the rest of the process should go faster.

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
So I got my oath invitation this morning, which would make it 7.5 months from when I mailed in my application.
Was a bit surprised by the short notice - had to double check that it wasn't in July.

Physical Presence Days: 1106 days
Application: Family (One adult, two minors)
Application sent: Nov 17th 2022
Delivered: Nov 18th 2022
AOR: Jan 17th 2023
ECAS processing: March 1st 2023
Background complete: March 2nd 2023 (tracker updated on March 7th)
Test complete: March 27th 2023 (passed on March 27th, updated on March 29th)
LPP complete: April 4th 2023 (tracker updated on 6th April)
Oath Ceremony: Scheduled for June 29th 2023 (Changed to in process on June 17th, updated in tracker on June 20th)

LoveCanada231

Feb 28, 2021
If you have a strong case and you’ve been waiting for more than 20 months, I recommend doing a Writ of Mandamus. I did it recently and my case closed in 60 days after being open for 2.5 years. I spoke to about 20 lawyers, and the best is Abramovich & Tchern Immigration Lawyers, both price and experience wise. https://atimmigrationlaw.com/

harmaine

Star Member
Apr 6, 2023
So I got my oath invitation this morning, which would make it 7.5 months from when I mailed in my application.
Was a bit surprised by the short notice - had to double check that it wasn't in July.

Physical Presence Days: 1106 days
Application: Family (One adult, two minors)
Application sent: Nov 17th 2022
Delivered: Nov 18th 2022
AOR: Jan 17th 2023
ECAS processing: March 1st 2023
Background complete: March 2nd 2023 (tracker updated on March 7th)
Test complete: March 27th 2023 (passed on March 27th, updated on March 29th)
LPP complete: April 4th 2023 (tracker updated on 6th April)
Oath Ceremony: Scheduled for June 29th 2023 (Changed to in process on June 17th, updated in tracker on June 20th)
Congratulations!! Nice to see some good news from the MIS office lol. My LPP was also completed same day as yours but ceremony still not started...

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Hi fellow Mississauga applicants... Jan 2023 applicant here and completed by Test last month on May 17. I know IRCC works by it's own accord and nothing is guaranteed... But I'm curious to see, what's the avg time for most Mississauga applicants from Test to LPP. Thanks!

harmaine

Star Member
Apr 6, 2023
Hi fellow Mississauga applicants... Jan 2023 applicant here and completed by Test last month on May 17. I know IRCC works by it's own accord and nothing is guaranteed... But I'm curious to see, what's the avg time for most Mississauga applicants from Test to LPP. Thanks!
This is a very interesting question because before the strike action back in April, LPP was completed almost with in 1 week of test completion. However, since the strike that office has gone very quiet and even I'm wondering what's their prioritization mechanism at this time!

[ I was expecting my oath ceremony to have been completed one month after LPP but it has been 2.5 months and still waiting for ceremony process to start lol ]

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
This is a very interesting question because before the strike action back in April, LPP was completed almost with in 1 week of test completion. However, since the strike that office has gone very quiet and even I'm wondering what's their prioritization mechanism at this time!

[ I was expecting my oath ceremony to have been completed one month after LPP but it has been 2.5 months and still waiting for ceremony process to start lol ]
Thanks for your reply and sorry to hear about the delay with your applications. After LPP, it must be so frustrating to just wait for the oath and be done with this once and for all. The pre-strike era was definitely more productive. Things have only gone slower since, and no real logic seen in how randomly the applications are being handled. If it was just me, I'd understand, but there are so many of us, and we all paid good money for them to do this right.

harmaine

Star Member
Apr 6, 2023
Thanks for your reply and sorry to hear about the delay with your applications. After LPP, it must be so frustrating to just wait for the oath and be done with this once and for all. The pre-strike era was definitely more productive. Things have only gone slower since, and no real logic seen in how randomly the applications are being handled. If it was just me, I'd understand, but there are so many of us, and we all paid good money for them to do this right.
You make such a good point that we've paid hundreds of $$ for processing our applications yet their process is really lacking in consistency! People are having to email for arranging their oaths in many cases as I have been finding out in other forums, depending on their processing office. Mississauga doesn't seem to entertain such emails though lol as I did email to get any updates on my oath date but just got a very generic response back.

Scarborough forum is buzzing with so much activity and hardly anything happening on here these days - it used to be exactly the opposite situation few months ago lol

Reactions: rushi.gada

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
You make such a good point that we've paid hundreds of $$ for processing our applications yet their process is really lacking in consistency! People are having to email for arranging their oaths in many cases as I have been finding out in other forums, depending on their processing office. Mississauga doesn't seem to entertain such emails though lol as I did email to get any updates on my oath date but just got a very generic response back.

Scarborough forum is buzzing with so much activity and hardly anything happening on here these days - it used to be exactly the opposite situation few months ago lol
Sorry buddy. I read somewhere that a person emailed the local IRCC office about some urgent travel plans and the oath was scheduled soon after. Worth a try in your case... you might need to book a refundable ticket or something.

vipinait

Star Member
Aug 16, 2016

It's worth giving it a try, but my LPP was completed on May 11th, and I emailed my current IRCC office(IRCC.DNCitFRDScheduling-ConvocationFRDCitRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca) in Fredericton the day before yesterday. However, I received a below reply today stating that I should refrain from using this inbox for this purpose. The outcome depends on the IRCC office and the officer handling the case.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). Please note that this is an automated message.

This mailbox can only be used to provide a reasonable explanation for missing or being unable to attend an exam or a ceremony‎ (with documentary evidence). For any other specific inquiries regarding your application, we invite you to complete the IRCC Web form.

Please note that if your explanation of absence for being unable to attend a test or ceremony is deemed reasonable, you will be rescheduled into an identical event according to our processing time and a new notice will be sent to you by email.

If your explanation is deemed unreasonable, we will communicate with you further to provide additional details

Reactions: rushi.gada

Sheru86

Star Member
Sep 22, 2022
I sent my signed oath form today, but I did not get an automated response to it. Anyone else had a similar experience?