+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

Vanessa3000

Sep 2, 2022
Does anyone know of any situation where I will be allowed to keep my PR card after the ceremony? I have a work trip a day after my in-person oath ceremony, I can't cancel the trip and would rather not postpone the ceremony cos its been a long wait (26 months) since my application. I'm wondering if I will be allowed to keep my pr card to re-enter Canada. Or know other options I can exploit? Thanks

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Does anyone know of any situation where I will be allowed to keep my PR card after the ceremony? I have a work trip a day after my in-person oath ceremony, I can't cancel the trip and would rather not postpone the ceremony cos its been a long wait (26 months) since my application. I'm wondering if I will be allowed to keep my pr card to re-enter Canada. Or know other options I can exploit? Thanks
If your trip is in USA you can enter via the land border. You won't be able to keep your PR card.

Reactions: Vanessa3000

ada228

Mar 23, 2023
if it is in person, you will get your certificate on the spot, not sure what will be the time of you ceremony, but you can apply same day for a passport (have your application ready) and show service Canada your flight or trip plan and they will issue you a passport within an hour

Reactions: Vanessa3000

Jaz999

Star Member
Sep 19, 2022
Any one he get invitation Oath in person
Location: Portuguese Cultural Centre MississaugaAddress: 53 Queen St N,
Mississauga, Ontario, L5N 1A2Date: Saturday July 01, 2023Time: 12:45 PM

Reactions: ada228 and Bull2013

Bull2013

Jun 22, 2017
Any one he get invitation Oath in person
Location: Portuguese Cultural Centre MississaugaAddress: 53 Queen St N,
Mississauga, Ontario, L5N 1A2Date: Saturday July 01, 2023Time: 12:45 PM
Congrats, you will have a big day in a special day ^_^

did you get invitation for that day?

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
My file was in Niagara Falls for a few months and I recently found out that it was transferred to Mississauga VO since I received my test invite from their office. I called IRCC and they confirmed that it has been transferred.

I wanted to understand what the average wait time is for LPP Completion and Oath ceremony invitation after Test is complete?

Reactions: dinhthuy

ada228

Mar 23, 2023
My file was in Niagara Falls for a few months and I recently found out that it was transferred to Mississauga VO since I received my test invite from their office. I called IRCC and they confirmed that it has been transferred.

I wanted to understand what the average wait time is for LPP Completion and Oath ceremony invitation after Test is complete?
Mine was transferred in March to Mississauga, test, BGC and language completed, and still waiting! I think files that get transferred do stuck somewhere!!

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Mine was transferred in March to Mississauga, test, BGC and language completed, and still waiting! I think files that get transferred do stuck somewhere!!
In my case, i got test invite after the transfer so it’s on some officer’s radar. So I’m hoping

sumeshpankajakshan

Nov 12, 2018
How long does it take to get the citizenship certificate from Mississauga location? I had my oath on 1st June. It had been 2 weeks and I haven't received the certificate yet.

Vratesh

Star Member
Jul 20, 2017
Anyone has email id for contacting Mississauga office? My file was recently transferred (after test completion) from NGF to Mississauga. I had emailed NGF to check on my status where I learnt that the file was transferred. Would appreciate if anyone can share email id for Mississauga office.

Vratesh

Star Member
Jul 20, 2017
So I got some update today on my file (application of 2). Language and Prohibitions is complete. However, physical presence is still in process. Anyone in the same boat? Or does anyone know why does that happen? I have usually seen others getting all 3 done at the same time

Minty02

Jun 16, 2023
So I got some update today on my file (application of 2). Language and Prohibitions is complete. However, physical presence is still in process. Anyone in the same boat? Or does anyone know why does that happen? I have usually seen others getting all 3 done at the same time
This happened to me too. Language and prohibition completed was Jun 8, updated Jun 10 and physical presence completed Jun 12, updated Jun 15.

Reactions: Vratesh

Vratesh

Star Member
Jul 20, 2017
This happened to me too. Language and prohibition completed was Jun 8, updated Jun 10 and physical presence completed Jun 12, updated Jun 15.
Interesting. Good you saw your physical presence completed in 5 days after language and prohibitions. Hopefully I will see mine as well soon. Did you have too many absences/travel? I have about 40 cross-border (US) trips which could be the reason why physical presence wasn't done at the same time. I also have about 30 buffer days in my file, so I am not too worried about it. But hopefully this won't result in too much of a delay

Do you mind sharing your timeline?

Minty02

Jun 16, 2023
Interesting. Good you saw your physical presence completed in 5 days after language and prohibitions. Hopefully I will see mine as well soon. Did you have too many absences/travel? I have about 40 cross-border (US) trips which could be the reason why physical presence wasn't done at the same time. I also have about 30 buffer days in my file, so I am not too worried about it. But hopefully this won't result in too much of a delay

Do you mind sharing your timeline?
Not many, just 2 trips totalling 18days but I was actually worried because I had just 4 buffer days…

Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1099
Application: Single
Application sent: Dec 24/22
Delivered: Dec 30/22
AOR: Feb 21/23
ECSA In Progress: Mar 31/23
BG completed: Apr 4/23
Test invite: May 11 (Test window May 15 - Jun 4)
Test Completed: May 26/23 (passed May 30)
LP Completed: Jun 8/23 (updated Jun 10)
P. Presence: Jun 12/23 (updated Jun 15)
ECSA Decision Made: Jun 15/23
Oaths invite: Not started

Reactions: Vratesh

patelboss

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
I have my Citizenship Ceremony scheduled on June 28; i haven’t received any formal email yet but i do see that The ceremony on June 28 (Mississauga) is “open to public” so does that mean it will be in-person?