+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

Wajilch

Mar 20, 2023
Did anyone with Oath ceremony ( arranged by Mississauga office) on or after 21st Feb got his/her Citizenship certificate? Spouse had her Zoom Oath ceremony on 21st Feb and still waiting for citizenship certificate.
Hello Friend,
Has your wife received certificate, my wife had her oath on 13th March from Mississauga office and we are waiting for certificate

aanchalsingh

Jul 17, 2017
Hello,

can someone from this group suggest me on how long Mississauga office takes to reschedule an oath ceremony. I got mine rescheduled from May 2022.
I came back to Canada in Sept 2022 ( shared my boarding pass and return tickets). I got an email that I am in the queue to be scheduled for a ceremony. But, I am still waiting for an updated invite :( I am a little stressed out as my PR card is expiring in next couple of weeks and the renewal application has also not been picked by anyone from IRCC. I cannot make any travel plans.

aanchalsingh

Jul 17, 2017
Hello
Need advice
Applied Aug 2020
Oath ceremony jan 2022
Have to reschedule going outside canada, sent itinerary and got replied when come back just send boarding passes.
Again received invitation march 2022 , have to reschedule as already outside and unable to come to some reasons.
In april 2022 sent return boarding passes , got reply will rechedule in future.
No update 4 months
Then Aug 15, 2022 fingerprints requested
Background completed oct 22 , 2022.
No update later
Raised webform, emailed and called.
No answer

Any suggestions?
Wait ? contact MP ? or Mandamus?
Hi, did you get an invite for the oath ? how long did you wait ? I also rescheduled in Sept 2022 and still waiting for a reply from CIC :(

Sun_ray

Mar 20, 2019
Did anyone with Oath ceremony ( arranged by Mississauga office) on or after 21st Feb got his/her Citizenship certificate? Spouse had her Zoom Oath ceremony on 21st Feb and still waiting for citizenship certificate.
Had my zoom oath with Mississauga office on March 2nd and received my certificate on March 20th

Reactions: anirm92

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Had my zoom oath with Mississauga office on March 2nd and received my certificate on March 20th
Congrats. My spouse didn't get her certificate yet. It's been more than 3 weeks since Certificate was mailed. We sent out an email to Mississauga office and no response. Looks like we will need to wait for 6 weeks in total before we can request duplicate certificates.

Sun_ray

Mar 20, 2019
Congrats. My spouse didn't get her certificate yet. It's been more than 3 weeks since Certificate was mailed. We sent out an email to Mississauga office and no response. Looks like we will need to wait for 6 weeks in total before we can request duplicate certificates.
Did you find out that it has already been mailed by calling IRCC or is this based on when the file was closed? It seems they take a while to mail it even after the file has been closed for some time. It’s really unfortunate that it’s taking so long. Hope you hear something soon.

sk540

Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
6th Feb, 26th March & 31st March
Nomination.....
PER: 25-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
File Transfer...
dont know
Med's Request
(with RPRF)17th April 2015
Med's Done....
4th May 2015, 3rd line updated: 14th May 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
8th June 2015
LANDED..........
1st May 2016
Hi.

Is CLB test accepted as a proof of language for citizenship application?

Thanks

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Did you find out that it has already been mailed by calling IRCC or is this based on when the file was closed? It seems they take a while to mail it even after the file has been closed for some time. It’s really unfortunate that it’s taking so long. Hope you hear something soon.
Received Certificates yesterday. Those were mailed on 2nd March ( as stated by Mississauga Office over email). Looks like Mails were delivered to some other address and a good Samaritan dropped those mails in front of my door yesterday.

nikkicause

Nov 29, 2022
Hi everyone. If you had a virtual ceremony from Mississauga, can you tell me how many days before the ceremony you got the email invite? Mine is on April 17 but I haven't received the email yet.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hi everyone. If you had a virtual ceremony from Mississauga, can you tell me how many days before the ceremony you got the email invite? Mine is on April 17 but I haven't received the email yet.
It usually comes a week before the ceremony I believe.

aanchalsingh

Jul 17, 2017
Mine is April 14th and I havent received the invite as well. Will call IRCC tomorrow if I dont get it.

nikkicause

Nov 29, 2022
Mine is April 14th and I havent received the invite as well. Will call IRCC tomorrow if I dont get it.
Okay! Keep me posted. I just read another post that said that they got the email for April 5th oath on March 29. So maybe they do only send it a week before.

Let us know what IRCC tells you.