Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Can we apply new Canadian passport abroad after getting the citizenship certificate after oath ceremony or we have to get first passport from within Canada. Is there any restriction? After oath ceremony one will cut PR card and receives citizenship certificate and then one can apply later on from abroad the first Canadian passport. Is that possible or there is any restriction on getting passport from abroad?
Response is appreciated.
Its fine to apply abroad, no issue
Contact the Canadian embassy to find out their method of applying
(Whether they only accept applications by courier, or in person etc)….

Roger1985

Star Member
Nov 23, 2020
Got an update for an interview on Nov 7. Only problem is I won't be in the country. I will have to reschedule. Anyone know how long to reschedule?

Sahil_88

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
Application type (paper based/ Online) :- Paper
2 applicants ( me and wife)
Days in Canada:- 1200
AOR:- July 28
Office : Mississuaga

Background Verification Completed - Sep 26
Everything else is in progress

Received test Invite : Oct 21

Passed the test on 29th october

I am not able to login into the portal. Its loading since last 5 days.

any idea when we ll be receiving thee
email for oath ceremony?

Thank you

iceman55

May 1, 2022
Got an update for an interview on Nov 7. Only problem is I won't be in the country. I will have to reschedule. Anyone know how long to reschedule?
I don't think you'll need to be present in Canada for online interviews - you'll have to just tell them you're traveling before/during the interview.

You might want to check the invite it's online or in person.

Roger1985

Star Member
Nov 23, 2020
I don't think you'll need to be present in Canada for online interviews - you'll have to just tell them you're traveling before/during the interview.

You might want to check the invite it's online or in person.
I got the invite. Just my luck, it's in person. So I have sent an email to reschedule. They haven't replied if they atleast received the email so I am nervous about that. I am thinking to email again asking for an acknowledgement of receipt but who knows if they even will do that.

iceman55

May 1, 2022
I got the invite. Just my luck, it's in person. So I have sent an email to reschedule. They haven't replied if they atleast received the email so I am nervous about that. I am thinking to email again asking for an acknowledgement of receipt but who knows if they even will do that.
That's unfortunate. Seems like you're a 2020 applicant, typically things move really fast for 2018-20 pending applicants once they're called for an in-peson interview.

I'd say whenever you're sending another email to them just add that it happened to be an unavoidatable travel and since you're waiting for so long, you're very interested in getting the application processed asap as soon as you return.

Sometimes they seem to give a new slot only a few days later but it varies. But if they're dedicated to clearing backlogs - which they seem to be - you'll have something soon after your return.

You can also call to see if your email requested for rescheduling has been added to your file.

Roger1985

Star Member
Nov 23, 2020
That's unfortunate. Seems like you're a 2020 applicant, typically things move really fast for 2018-20 pending applicants once they're called for an in-peson interview.

I'd say whenever you're sending another email to them just add that it happened to be an unavoidatable travel and since you're waiting for so long, you're very interested in getting the application processed asap as soon as you return.

Sometimes they seem to give a new slot only a few days later but it varies. But if they're dedicated to clearing backlogs - which they seem to be - you'll have something soon after your return.

You can also call to see if your email requested for rescheduling has been added to your file.
I just sent a webform as well so we will see. Yes it's unfortunate as I have been waiting so long. I really hope they're dedicated to clearing backlogs because this is just insane. Waiting 9+ months for an update on a file is crazy. Most people from Nov 2020 already have their citizenship.

I would call but I generally don't have the time with my job. My wife can call but I am not sure they will give her the information.