+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

AnonymousUser

Jul 23, 2022
38 Months?? Wow, that is just heartbreaking! I graduated from college in less time and they can't even review 1 file? This is mind-boggling..I feel sorry for you and hope you get the invite very soon.
Yup, it's pathetic. My MP's office said since my application is in queue to get scheduled for oath, they can't do anything about it. I just have to wait to get my invite.

UniqueCase

Jul 10, 2018
I received a generic email from them as well today. Here's what it said:

We have received your email explanation for either requesting a new Citizenship Event or missing a Citizenship Event . Your application is in the queue to be scheduled. Once you have been scheduled, we will contact you by email.

You are encouraged to routinely check your e-mail for any notifications and upcoming events regarding the next steps of your application.

Regards,

Citizenship Official

I never actually missed an event or anything, just asked them about the timeline. No movement yet but I'm hopeful. Hit the 25 month mark last week.
I recieved exact same email.

UniqueCase

Jul 10, 2018
I got the EXACT same email this morning as well. I sent them email to ask if they can schedule me for oath ceremony last month. My DM was on July 18, 2022 and I'll be completing 38 months since I applied in couple of weeks. Hopefully I get the oath invite soon, can't wait to get done with this.
38 months is too much. When did you sent them an email? I assume it was in July?
For few hours, I thought someone might have actually looked into my file and replied. But, it looks like they just did ctrl c+ ctrl v to all applicants who requested an update.

AnonymousUser

Jul 23, 2022
38 months is too much. When did you sent them an email? I assume it was in July?
For few hours, I thought someone might have actually looked into my file and replied. But, it looks like they just did ctrl c+ ctrl v to all applicants who requested an update.
Yes, I sent them two emails back in July to see if they could schedule me for the oath ceremony. I didn't get any replies to those emails other than automated responses.

• Sad
Reactions: UniqueCase

237mota

Star Member
Jan 12, 2022
Hi @All,
Anyone got an update from Mississauga? I don't know why they are processing older cases at a very slow pace! I think the way they are handling my application will deteriorate my proud of becoming a Canadian Citizen.

Survivor27

Champion Member
May 24, 2016
Planet Earth!
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
20.Dec.2016
Doc's Request.
22.Mar.2017
AOR Received.
05.Jan.2017
File Transfer...
13.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
17.Nov.2016_IOM
Passport Req..
19.June.2017
VISA ISSUED...
23.June.2017
LANDED..........
09.Sept.2017
No confirmation. If you see on the tracker that your application is Closed, your certificate should be on its way.

In my case, I got my certificate 7 business days from Oath.

AnonymousUser

Jul 23, 2022
Finally I got oath update in tracker. Oath is scheduled for Sept. 10. Waiting for the detailed email.
Congratulations. I just checked my tracker after your update, and I too have a message in tracker to take the oath on September 10th. No emails yet though. Keep us posted when you receive the email for oath ceremony. It’ll be 39 months, 3 days when I’ll take the oath since I sent the application. What a journey it has been!

UniqueCase

Jul 10, 2018
Congratulations. I just checked my tracker after your update, and I too have a message in tracker to take the oath on September 10th. No emails yet though. Keep us posted when you receive the email for oath ceremony. It’ll be 39 months, 3 days when I’ll take the oath since I sent the application. What a journey it has been!
Congratulations! I will post if I have any other updates. I am also waiting for the email, I think it should come in 2 or 3 days. Just wondering if in person oaths have also started because Sept. 10 is on Saturday. I read in some other thread that an applicant went for interview or oath and got certificate on same day.

I am at 22 months for the application and happy to see end of this journey, so I can understand you must be so much relieved after 39 months.

Reactions: AnonymousUser

VoL@ND

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you! Did you receive invitation as well? I thought because we got generic responses on same day/time so you might have got an invitation as well.
No, unfortunately mine is still "not started", last updated June 2, 2022. But I'm hopeful now and really happy for you! Keep us posted about the progress!

Reactions: UniqueCase