+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

ibrahim93

Oct 31, 2016
Just wondering, what is the timeline for DM/Oath ceremony after completing the interview?

Is anyone here waiting for DM/Oath after an interview?

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Just wondering, what is the timeline for DM/Oath ceremony after completing the interview?

9 months after the interview.

237mota

Star Member
Jan 12, 2022

@ibrahim93 just be patient and do not hesitate to open a webform. It's been a year since I passed the citizenship test, 4 months since decision made, 2 months since the interview, more than 27 months since IRRC received my application. Just stay positive. I crossed the border 2 weeks ago and the immigration officer told me that that my application has been approved!regards

Reactions: ibrahim93

UniqueCase

Jul 10, 2018
I had sent an email to Mississauga office on 10th Aug requesting for further updates. To my surprise, I received a generic response today early morning. I didn't expect a reply and that too within 8 working days, so taking this as a small win.

Anyone experienced movements in application after getting generic response?

asterixfanboy

Star Member
Jul 28, 2021
it varies.. sometimes it means someone has taken a look at your file.. at other times.. they just ignore the request.. just send you a snapshot of what you see on the portal.

canadalove85

Aug 4, 2017
No updates on the application since July 11 when test was marked completed.

What are the typical next steps and the timeline for the next status update?

VoL@ND

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had sent an email to Mississauga office on 10th Aug requesting for further updates. To my surprise, I received a generic response today early morning. I didn't expect a reply and that too within 8 working days, so taking this as a small win.

Anyone experienced movements in application after getting generic response?
I received a generic email from them as well today. Here's what it said:

We have received your email explanation for either requesting a new Citizenship Event or missing a Citizenship Event . Your application is in the queue to be scheduled. Once you have been scheduled, we will contact you by email.

You are encouraged to routinely check your e-mail for any notifications and upcoming events regarding the next steps of your application.

Regards,

Citizenship Official

I never actually missed an event or anything, just asked them about the timeline. No movement yet but I'm hopeful. Hit the 25 month mark last week.

AnonymousUser

Jul 23, 2022
I received a generic email from them as well today. Here's what it said:

We have received your email explanation for either requesting a new Citizenship Event or missing a Citizenship Event . Your application is in the queue to be scheduled. Once you have been scheduled, we will contact you by email.

You are encouraged to routinely check your e-mail for any notifications and upcoming events regarding the next steps of your application.

Regards,

Citizenship Official

I never actually missed an event or anything, just asked them about the timeline. No movement yet but I'm hopeful. Hit the 25 month mark last week.
I got the EXACT same email this morning as well. I sent them email to ask if they can schedule me for oath ceremony last month. My DM was on July 18, 2022 and I'll be completing 38 months since I applied in couple of weeks. Hopefully I get the oath invite soon, can't wait to get done with this.

VoL@ND

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got the EXACT same email this morning as well. I sent them email to ask if they can schedule me for oath ceremony last month. My DM was on July 18, 2022 and I'll be completing 38 months since I applied in couple of weeks. Hopefully I get the oath invite soon, can't wait to get done with this.
38 Months?? Wow, that is just heartbreaking! I graduated from college in less time and they can't even review 1 file? This is mind-boggling..I feel sorry for you and hope you get the invite very soon.

Reactions: AnonymousUser