+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

Leamington

Jul 6, 2022
It was 10:15am session. No I have not received reply or acknowledgement via email, although I requested them to acknowledge receipt but nothing. And yes we did sign the anthem, it was a video with everyone on mute. :) My assumption is 2 weeks from 5th which is 17th. So hopefully this week or early next we should have it.

What are you doing for passports ? Do you have appointments ?
Thanks for the quick reply! When did you see the Completed updated on ECAS? (Last qn, lol).

Haven’t thought about passports as yet. U do have travel plans in Sep, so can apply within 45 days of travel. Need to figure out a good location with less waiting in person . Any suggestions?

TasmanianTiger

Star Member
Oct 2, 2021
It was 10:15am session. No I have not received reply or acknowledgement via email, although I requested them to acknowledge receipt but nothing. And yes we did sign the anthem, it was a video with everyone on mute. :) My assumption is 2 weeks from 5th which is 17th. So hopefully this week or early next we should have it.

What are you doing for passports ? Do you have appointments ?
Ours was 1:15pm of the 5th. And yes to everything Intesecool mentioned above.

Reactions: Leamington

intensecool

Jan 29, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the quick reply! When did you see the Completed updated on ECAS? (Last qn, lol).

Haven’t thought about passports as yet. U do have travel plans in Sep, so can apply within 45 days of travel. Need to figure out a good location with less waiting in person . Any suggestions?
No travel plans but i want to get passport so I can apply for Visa to travel to my home country.

And here is the URL for checking on ECAS - https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do

It says complete for me but not on tracker which says In Progress.

For passports, I am considering to go local hoepfully the lines will reduce in this month.

Last edited:

Qrios1

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
Congrats! May I ask how long between the DM and Oath? I know it's chaotic and there is no formula, just trying to compare :)
So we received the DM notification by March 1. The oath invite came on June 9th. We also got our local MPs office involved as we had booked flights for August 2022. I had informed IRCC about our flights by Feb 2021. Good luck

Saira Naseer

Apr 27, 2021
It's been 27 months since I have applied for Canadian citizenship. Test done interview done. My both sons same status. What should I do. Pls suggest. Thanks

Qrios1

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
So, after June 23, when did it show as Citizenship ceremony completed / case closed on the tracker? Thanks
I would say not long after that. Maybe by the Monday/Tuesday of the 28th June. We had sent the oath forms in immediately after the oath ceremony, but I recall asking the officer if the oath certificates can be expedited as we have travel plans over the summer. They said no promises but I would have to send the oath forms
immediately. Received the certificates maybe a week after it showed completed I.e July 5.

Leamington

Jul 6, 2022
I would say not long after that. Maybe by the Monday/Tuesday of the 28th June. We had sent the oath forms in immediately after the oath ceremony, but I recall asking the officer if the oath certificates can be expedited as we have travel plans over the summer. They said no promises but I would have to send the oath forms
immediately. Received the certificates maybe a week after it showed completed I.e July 5.
Thanks for sharing. We didn’t say anything re travel. Just flexible travel plans as of now. Maybe we should have. He said we will get certificate 2-4 weeks post oath. So, let’s see…

affinity

Mar 14, 2022
I have taken Citizenship test a week ago but the tracker is not updated yet, it shows "waiting on you".
How many days does it take to get updated?

TasmanianTiger

Star Member
Oct 2, 2021
Mine was on July 5, PM. Tracker says in progress. ECAS says Decision Made (though that was DM for a while). Do you mind posting a screenshot of ECAS status (without the confidential details) - curious what the message is there. Thanks
The one thing I didn't mention was, when I clicked on my "Completed" status on ecas, i see...

1. You became a Canadian citizen on July 5, 2022.

affinity

Mar 14, 2022
I completed the citizenship test 8 days ago and this morning I was getting a call from the Mississauga office, unfortunately, I missed it. I tried calling back but it's being forwarded to voice mail. What to do?

Leamington

Jul 6, 2022
I completed the citizenship test 8 days ago and this morning I was getting a call from the Mississauga office, unfortunately, I missed it. I tried calling back but it's being forwarded to voice mail. What to do?
You can mail Mississauga office with your application number, test date, date and time of missed call. They can then call/ mail back.

Leamington

Jul 6, 2022
Any other update on application status completed/ citizenship certificate receipt for anyone from Mississauga office? Still waiting for both...