Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

VoL@ND

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We did our oath ceremony on June 23, 2022 from Mississauga. Received the certificates less than 2 weeks as promised by the officer. I had started with our passport application and getting organized soon after the oath and when we got the certificates on Tuesday July 5, we only had to take the PP pictures the next day, and have our guarantor sign it as well as the 4 PP applications. Today we braved the 4.5 hour wait time and went in person at the Brampton office. All the other offices showed wait times of 6+ hours. Reached at 12 pm and out by 4:20. We should be getting our new passports in 10 days! Opted for the in person pickup, in hindsight could have saved $80 but will be getting it 5 days sooner. Good luck to everyone else
Congrats! May I ask how long between the DM and Oath? I know it's chaotic and there is no formula, just trying to compare :)

Optymystyc

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2011
File Transfer...
DM - 27th Aug 2013
Med's Request
Dec 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
LANDED..........
28th Oct 2013
Congrats! May I ask how long between the DM and Oath? I know it's chaotic and there is no formula, just trying to compare :)
DM to oath invite was 27 days for me. Oath was on the 6th of July and now waiting for cased closed then cert.

Reactions: VoL@ND

Optymystyc

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2011
File Transfer...
DM - 27th Aug 2013
Med's Request
Dec 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
LANDED..........
28th Oct 2013
I completed my oath on Jul 4th and still oath ceremony shows in progress
Mine was on the 6th, and my cousin 5th and still shows in progress as well for both of us.

Leamington

Jul 6, 2022
We did our oath ceremony on June 23, 2022 from Mississauga. Received the certificates less than 2 weeks as promised by the officer. I had started with our passport application and getting organized soon after the oath and when we got the certificates on Tuesday July 5, we only had to take the PP pictures the next day, and have our guarantor sign it as well as the 4 PP applications. Today we braved the 4.5 hour wait time and went in person at the Brampton office. All the other offices showed wait times of 6+ hours. Reached at 12 pm and out by 4:20. We should be getting our new passports in 10 days! Opted for the in person pickup, in hindsight could have saved $80 but will be getting it 5 days sooner. Good luck to everyone else
So, after June 23, when did it show as Citizenship ceremony completed / case closed on the tracker? Thanks

Optymystyc

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2011
File Transfer...
DM - 27th Aug 2013
Med's Request
Dec 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
LANDED..........
28th Oct 2013
Reactions: TasmanianTiger

TasmanianTiger

Star Member
Oct 2, 2021
My citizenship ceremony was on the 5th of July and my tracker still states in progress but ecas says Completed. Anyone else in same sitch?

Leamington

Jul 6, 2022
My citizenship ceremony was on the 5th of July and my tracker still states in progress but ecas says Completed. Anyone else in same sitch?
Mine was on July 5, PM. Tracker says in progress. ECAS says Decision Made (though that was DM for a while). Do you mind posting a screenshot of ECAS status (without the confidential details) - curious what the message is there. Thanks

Reactions: Optymystyc

intensecool

Jan 29, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Same with me, Ecas shows completed, Tracker shows In Process. Oath date - 5th July.

Reactions: Leamington

Leamington

Jul 6, 2022
Also, couple of queries for TasmanianTiger and Intensecool
1. Was your oath in morning or afternoon of July 5?
2. When you mailed your signed oath, did you get a reply/ acknowledgment via email?
3. Did you sing the anthem in the ceremony? Ours just had it on video, with everyone on mute. Hence asking.

Thanks!

Reactions: Optymystyc

intensecool

Jan 29, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also, couple of queries for TasmanianTiger and Intensecool
1. Was your oath in morning or afternoon of July 5?
2. When you mailed your signed oath, did you get a reply/ acknowledgment via email?
3. Did you sing the anthem in the ceremony? Ours just had it on video, with everyone on mute. Hence asking.

Thanks!
It was 10:15am session. No I have not received reply or acknowledgement via email, although I requested them to acknowledge receipt but nothing. And yes we did sign the anthem, it was a video with everyone on mute. :) My assumption is 2 weeks from 5th which is 17th. So hopefully this week or early next we should have it.

What are you doing for passports ? Do you have appointments ?