+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

Shamon

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
Hi All,
all my status turned to "completed" except the ceremony (ceremony said not started yet). I am just wondering how long usually does it take to receive the ceremony invitation/email? Thanks in advance for your time.

boomshanker

Oct 17, 2016
good news received notice to appear oath ceremony invitation email, it was in my promotions section and not in my primary section of gmail inbox lol. good thing i checked it before sending the email to Mississauga office.

Reactions: Qrios1 and CanEuro

psh789

Star Member
Jan 19, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-06-2017
LANDED..........
25-10-2017
I did. They sent out a standard reply. No use
Could you pls share the email id or source? I just gave my test and would like to notify them about my upcoming travel so as to avoid any issues with oath scheduling

Optymystyc

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2011
File Transfer...
DM - 27th Aug 2013
Med's Request
Dec 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
LANDED..........
28th Oct 2013
Reactions: boomshanker

applicant2021

Star Member
Jun 12, 2021
Hi everyone,

I finally got an oath invitation!! I will become Canadian in less than 2 weeks!!

This is my timeline:
Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1110
Application: family (2 adults & 1 minor)
Application Sent: June 9, 2021
Application Delivered: June 14, 2021
AOR: Sept 15th
In process ECAS: Oct 18th
Background Check Completed: Nov 5th
Citizenship Test Request: Nov 30th
Test Window: Dec 6th - 26th
Test Given on the 21st/22nd of December (2 adults)
Test marked as completed on the 23rd/24th of December
DM: Jan 10th
A complication happened and my son's status changed to in process and his fingerprints were requested on April 20th and his background verification status changed to completed on May 20th
Oath Date: July 12th

Can someone update the tracker?
Also, my daughter lives in a different city (she is 21). Do we need to attend the ceremony from the same device (assuming that it's still conducted online)?

boomshanker

Oct 17, 2016
Any idea, how long does it take for citizenship certificate to be delivered from Mississauga office? I completed my oath ceremony today from Mississauga office

Reactions: Optymystyc

UniqueCase

Jul 10, 2018
Can I submit a webform asking for status update? If yes, any examples or format of what to write? My application is stuck at DM since 5 months now, I applied for GCMS twice in last 6 months - no reply, calling them every week - no update on the file. Don't know what else to do.

CanEuro

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
Can I submit a webform asking for status update? If yes, any examples or format of what to write? My application is stuck at DM since 5 months now, I applied for GCMS twice in last 6 months - no reply, calling them every week - no update on the file. Don't know what else to do.
Go to your MP

Qrios1

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
Any idea, how long does it take for citizenship certificate to be delivered from Mississauga office? I completed my oath ceremony today from Mississauga office
We did our oath ceremony on June 23, 2022 from Mississauga. Received the certificates less than 2 weeks as promised by the officer. I had started with our passport application and getting organized soon after the oath and when we got the certificates on Tuesday July 5, we only had to take the PP pictures the next day, and have our guarantor sign it as well as the 4 PP applications. Today we braved the 4.5 hour wait time and went in person at the Brampton office. All the other offices showed wait times of 6+ hours. Reached at 12 pm and out by 4:20. We should be getting our new passports in 10 days! Opted for the in person pickup, in hindsight could have saved $80 but will be getting it 5 days sooner. Good luck to everyone else