+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

Aquarius93

Star Member
Dec 7, 2021
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Fnally i received an oath invite email today from Mississauga Office. No update on tracker. More than 10 months after test.
Here is my timeline for reference
Applied: July 2020
AOR: Nov 2020
Background Complete: Feb 2021
Test completed: June 15th 2021
All other sections except oath completed (DM) July 29th 21
Ghost update: Feb 2022
Oath invite: April 21st
Oath scheduled on April 29th 22

I know its extremely difficult to stay positive with these massive backlogs and long processing times. Good luck to everyone

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
I have a citizenship oath tomorrow. I would like to know the next steps/process after citizenship oath? I mean the application of passport/OCI? I need to travel to india next month, I am wondering is it possible for me to travel india first with indian passport and once I return I will apply for canadian passport? If anyone knowns about it, please share it with me. Thank you in advance.
You will have to cut up your PR card during Oath. So travel will be challenging to say the least.

boomshanker

Oct 17, 2016
My office is GTA CEN and gave my test last June and no news after that. Looks like it is a pit for forgotten applications.
GCMS Notes have location for my paper file as - October 2020 Inventory Shelf Mississauga. Imagine how many shelfs of applications they would have. May be online applications are easy to process as CIC employees are working from home ? Don't know hope we all should get our citizenship asap. Also saw on news that in future they are going to implement self oath attestation and later on people can join oath ceremony. 60,000 applicants with status DM did not get oath invite.

abcdmud

Jan 23, 2017
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Feb 12, 2017
Doc's Request.
Apr 3, 2017
AOR Received.
Mar 5, 2017
Med's Request
Jun 14, 2017
Med's Done....
Passed Jun 29, 2017
Interview........
Mar 5, 2018
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2018
GCMS Notes have location for my paper file as - October 2020 Inventory Shelf Mississauga. Imagine how many shelfs of applications they would have. May be online applications are easy to process as CIC employees are working from home ? Don't know hope we all should get our citizenship asap. Also saw on news that in future they are going to implement self oath attestation and later on people can join oath ceremony. 60,000 applicants with status DM did not get oath invite.
Omg they literally have shelfs for all our applications. Mine on a "May 2020 inventory shelf". the hell is is doing there. If people in 2021 can get their applications done, we should be done too or close to being done.

boomshanker

Oct 17, 2016
Omg they literally have shelfs for all our applications. Mine on a "May 2020 inventory shelf". the hell is is doing there. If people in 2021 can get their applications done, we should be done too or close to being done.
Not sure what is happening, I guess my background check and criminality security clearance was expired so did it again. Missed the due date to complete the whole application. Don't know hoping things will change soon.

applicant2021

Star Member
Jun 12, 2021
Unless your request for urgent processing meets the criteria listed by IRCC, there is not much hope to speed up anything. It will take its own course. August is still some time away so its possible it will come before that. There are people on the forum who have been at DM since June 2021.

Even if you apply for ATIP, it will still say waiting for Oath. As someone whose application took almost 4 years, my $0.02 is not to unnecessarily fret over it because you have zero control over it; unless it is impacting your life / job prospects.
I have some good/bad news. I got an update regarding my application but not for the oath . Mine and my two children's (we applied as a family) were moved to decision made on January 10th. However, two days ago, I received an email for CIC requesting my younger child's (15 years old) biometrics. I checked his application on ecas (the old tracker) only to find that he is back to "in process" after being moved to decision made in Janurary!! Is this normal? We are going to take his fingerprints tomorrow and they should arrive to CIC within 3 to 4 weeks. When should I expect his application to move back to decision made? Is this going to delay my application? I sent an email a couple of weeks ago to CIC and they confirmed that our applications are complete and that they need nothing else from us but now they changed their mind and they want my minor kid's fingerprints? They didn't ask for my fingerprints (47 years old) or his older sister's (21 years old). I am getting realy frustrated. I have travel plans for the end of this year but I don't know if that will be possible. Anyone had a similar experience?

btw I don't see that his fingerprints were requested on the new tracker (only on the old one). Also, it's worth noting that for him everything is in process except the test and the ceremony (on the new tracker). However, for myself and his sister, everything is marked as "complete" except the ceremony. On the old tracker, my application and his sister's are still marked as "decision made".

Last edited:

foreverwait

Star Member
Jun 17, 2021
I have some good/bad news. I got an update regarding my application but not for the oath . Mine and my two children's (we applied as a family) were moved to decision made on January 10th. However, two days ago, I received an email for CIC requesting my younger child's (15 years old) biometrics. I checked his application on ecas (the old tracker) only to find that he is back to "in process" after being moved to decision made in Janurary!! Is this normal? We are going to take his fingerprints tomorrow and they should arrive to CIC within 3 to 4 weeks. When should I expect his application to move back to decision made? Is this going to delay my application? I sent an email a couple of weeks ago to CIC and they confirmed that our applications are complete and that they need nothing else from us but now they changed their mind and they want my minor kid's fingerprints? They didn't ask for my fingerprints (47 years old) or his older sister's (21 years old). I am getting realy frustrated. I have travel plans for the end of this year but I don't know if that will be possible. Anyone had a similar experience?

btw I don't see that his fingerprints were requested on the new tracker (only on the old one). Also, it's worth noting that for him everything is in process except the test and the ceremony (on the new tracker). However, for myself and his sister, everything is marked as "complete" except the ceremony. On the old tracker, my application and his sister's are still marked as "decision made".
Usaually for most of the cases, kids of age less than 18 years, "decision made" status happened only after Oath Ceremony along with the parents. Most of the criteria is not applicable to kids of age less than 18 years.

applicant2021

Star Member
Jun 12, 2021
Usaually for most of the cases, kids of age less than 18 years, "decision made" status happened only after Oath Ceremony along with the parents. Most of the criteria is not applicable to kids of age less than 18 years.
Well, that's what I expected but that's not what happened in my case. I don't understand why they are delaying my application because they want a 15 years old kid fingerprints!! His application was moved to decision made then more than 3 months later they returned it to "in process" and asked for his fingerprints...

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, that's what I expected but that's not what happened in my case. I don't understand why they are delaying my application because they want a 15 years old kid fingerprints!! His application was moved to decision made then more than 3 months later they returned it to "in process" and asked for his fingerprints...
Has he became 15 after DM? For my 15 year old son they changed BG to completed when status became DM for me, bit that is not done for my 12 year old son BG is not marked as completed. It seems they do some BG check for 15+ boys & asks for FP if required.

Reactions: applicant2021

applicant2021

Star Member
Jun 12, 2021
Has he became 15 after DM? For my 15 year old son they changed BG to completed when status became DM for me, bit that is not done for my 12 year old son BG is not marked as completed. It seems they do some BG check for 15+ boys & asks for FP if required.
No, he was born in September and we got our DM in January. So, he is 15 turning 16 this September and he was 15 when we got DM status. I am confused because they confirmed that our application is complete when I emailed them and that we are just waiting for the oath.

I just want to know when I should expect my oath. I have been waiting for almost 4 months since the DM and I am assuming now that is out the window and the counter is going to restart when my son's status changes to DM again....

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
One of the webforms I submitted in February 2022 to check on the status of my application did not get a response then (I was at DM but no Oath date at the time). Yesterday, I heard back from IRCC saying my application is In Process and due to Covid processing times are slower than usual.

I became a citizen over a month ago and have recently applied for a passport :)