Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I would request for ATIP notes - $5 option. Also write to your MP. You could also write to the local office.

None of these options will hurt. Worst case scenario, they will continue to process at the same speed. Or it just might get someone to look at pending cases. From the ATIP notes I found out that action on my paper file happened a few days after I wrote a snail mail letter to Mississauga office. I got my Oath invite about three weeks after my MP requested for information on my behalf. Could be coincidence. Could be not. But it won't hurt to try.
Do you have a link for ATIP notes ?

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
We ordered the notes and sent messages on WebForm , but no update yet - next step will be local MP . Not quite sure how to go on about knocking on local MP door
Go to the HoC website. Get your MP’s email. Drop them a simple message asking them to follow up with IRCC on your behalf. Their office will send you a consent form for you to fill out the relevant info.
That’s it.
My first two emails went unanswered but third time lucky! And this was when I have volunteered my *** off during the last two federal elections :)

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Go to the HoC website. Get your MP’s email. Drop them a simple message asking them to follow up with IRCC on your behalf. Their office will send you a consent form for you to fill out the relevant info.
That’s it.
My first two emails went unanswered but third time lucky! And this was when I have volunteered my *** off during the last two federal elections :)
HAHAHAH !! Makes sense - Thank you

Triet

Mar 14, 2022
Very similar to my case. I applied in 2018, got AOR in 2019. Test / Interview in Feb 2020. DM in Jan 2022 and Oath a few days ago.
From my ATIP notes I found out that the security checks had expired long before physical presence was updated. They were checked again and updated the same day as Decision Made.
I believe that requesting ATIP notes / webform / local MP request for info helps to get your case noticed in case it has been on the back burner for far too long. You might want to consider using these options.
I did call the IRCC on March 1st and one of the agent help me by send in the mail to the local MP about my case being backlog and another agent told me that my clearance has expired and theyre gonna renew it. And I called in today, they said they received the email and look like everything in order, i will not waiting for long but i doubt that lol.

twrooney

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Any one from Mississauga office did Oath on March 1st and received there certificate ?plz update I did my Oath on 1st March but not received my certificate yet .
Just to let you know all 17 friends have received Citizenship Certificate. Hopefully you have received yours as well

Aquarius93

Star Member
Dec 7, 2021
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I m beginning to lose hope. 9 months since test and 8 since DM. I cant help but feel that they r going to lose my application forever. Talked to MP, emailed the office n the minister multiple times n always recieved the same response tht it is in queue for oath. :( Is there any advice for me?

• Sad
Reactions: sk000

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I m beginning to lose hope. 9 months since test and 8 since DM. I cant help but feel that they r going to lose my application forever. Talked to MP, emailed the office n the minister multiple times n always recieved the same response tht it is in queue for oath. :( Is there any advice for me?
8 months since DM :eek:. Now you scared me.

igg

Star Member
Dec 9, 2021
Visa Office......
Mississaga
The backlog is a bit larger than at the end of 2021: https://www.cicnews.com/2022/03/immigration-canadas-backlog-grows-to-1-84-million-0323476.html#gs.uto74w

As of the end of February 2022, the citizenship inventory is 453,265. This figure includes all prospective, mailroom estimates and unopened electronic applications.

IRCC previously reported the backlog for citizenship applicants was standing at about 448,000 on December 31, 2021.

There were about 5,000 more citizenship applications in the inventory at the end of February, compared to the end of December.

• Sad
Reactions: Aquarius93

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Honestly - you are in a much better position than some of us, who are still waiting for some sign of an update. Totally without on the frustration side but at the end, it is all a waiting game, possibly due to huge BACKLOG. Since you are already in DM - not sure if you would gain anything by ordering notes. Knocking on MP's door may get you some relief or even trying to get a hold of IRCC agent.

Reactions: Aquarius93

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
The backlog is a bit larger than at the end of 2021: https://www.cicnews.com/2022/03/immigration-canadas-backlog-grows-to-1-84-million-0323476.html#gs.uto74w

As of the end of February 2022, the citizenship inventory is 453,265. This figure includes all prospective, mailroom estimates and unopened electronic applications.

IRCC previously reported the backlog for citizenship applicants was standing at about 448,000 on December 31, 2021.

There were about 5,000 more citizenship applications in the inventory at the end of February, compared to the end of December.
Interesting numbers - wonder how many applications per VO !

sheikhzaid

Aug 14, 2011
Visa Office......
Chennai
AOR Received.
12-07-2019
I m beginning to lose hope. 9 months since test and 8 since DM. I cant help but feel that they r going to lose my application forever. Talked to MP, emailed the office n the minister multiple times n always received the same response that it is in queue for oath. :( Is there any advice for me?
I haven't even received DM and it's almost 5th month since test