+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
Thanks for responding! Did you send them an email to find out when they sent out the certificates? or did you use the webform?
I sent them an email to the same email that I had to send my signed oath form back to, quite responsive on that email, however I had to email them twice because they didn’t confirm when my cert was sent out…even though they were both sent on the same day.

sjgolfer014

Oct 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2016 Passport received back on 17/11/2016 visa expiry date 14/10/2017
LANDED..........
29 dec 2016
I sent them an email to the same email that I had to send my signed oath form back to, quite responsive on that email, however I had to email them twice because they didn’t confirm when my cert was sent out…even though they were both sent on the same day.
Mississauga office ? When did u took Oath and when did u receive ur certificate ? I did my Oath on 1st March but my Tracker is not up dated yet .

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
Mississauga office ? When did u took Oath and when did u receive ur certificate ? I did my Oath on 1st March but my Tracker is not up dated yet .
Yeah Mississauga Office, as for your tracker you've sent the oath paperwork back right? Send them an email to ask what the hold up is. Oath on 15th Feb, cert received on 4th March

sjgolfer014

Oct 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
29 dec 2016
Yeah Mississauga Office, as for your tracker you've sent the oath paperwork back right? Send them an email to ask what the hold up is. Oath on 15th Feb, cert received on 4th March
Yes thats what my consultant did we have resend them Oath Form again but no email back from them I tried calling them but can't get through
Is it normal or I am the only one facing this issue
My consultant said it's normal it's day 10 today and no update for my Oath still in process not complete status make me worry
Hv to travel end of this month

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Yes thats what my consultant did we have resend them Oath Form again but no email back from them I tried calling them but can't get through
Is it normal or I am the only one facing this issue
My consultant said it's normal it's day 10 today and no update for my Oath still in process not complete status make me worry
Hv to travel end of this month
Send them an email with your tickets etc. In the subject line mention "urgent processing request due to upcoming travel" or something to that effect.
You never know what will get their attention.

sjgolfer014

Oct 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
29 dec 2016
Send them an email with your tickets etc. In the subject line mention "urgent processing request due to upcoming travel" or something to that effect.
You never know what will get their attention.
I did email them even my cermoney still show in process not even complete I don't whats going on really frustrated

Ryanpre3

Star Member
Dec 20, 2021
Hi , Spouse and kid got certificate. Mine missing they told they emailed everything on same date March 7 . Did anyone face this issue ? Please advise . What if canada post misplaced it

sjgolfer014

Oct 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
29 dec 2016
Finally journey comes to the end.
Took oath on March 9.2022. Received certificate yesterday via Purolator.
Why u receive certificate so fast thats very good for u

Ryanpre3

Star Member
Dec 20, 2021
Thanks, everyone for your wishes and support over the last two years.

Today our family finally received the Citizenship Certificate.

Here are the details of this journey

Citizenship Application:
Family - 3 | IRCC Office - Mississauga | Location: Milton, ON | Physical Presence: 1309
Application Sent: October 21, 2019 | App Delivered: October 28, 2019 | AOR: Jan 15th, 2020 | In Process: Jan 28th, 2020

Test:
Test invite: Apr 15th, 2021 | Test Window: Apr 19th (Mon) to May 9th (Sun) 2021
Test Completed On: Apr 19th (Mon) 2021

Decision Made: May 11th, 2021

Oath:
Online update >>> Feb 8th, 2022 (Tuesday)
Email received >>> Feb 11th, 2022 (Friday)
Oath >>> Feb 18th, 2022 (Friday)

Citizenship Certificate:
Dispatched by IRCC Mississauga >>> Mar, 3rd 2022 (Thursday)
Received in Mail Box >>>> Mar, 8th 2022 (Tuesday)
Congratulations . Quick question all your family member received mail in box at same time ?. For me my spouse and kid got it . I am still waiting is it normal or it’s missing?

walid_Mississauga

Jun 8, 2020
Mississauga
Hi all,

I am in Mississauga, I applied for citizenship on Aug 2019 and I had been stuck in "The security verifications are in process", my wife got her citizenship test done already in Sep 2021 and the last update I have on my file is on 20 Jan 2020. I constantly phone CIC and they have the same answer that my application is not routine and I have to wait untill security check is done and that there is no time frame.
I contacted MP once, I also got my ATIP and GCMS notes. The file was transferred to the GTA-CEN IRCC office for continued processing of the application

It is really frustrating. Any one has an experience or advice to deal with such situation, can I ask the MP to get more involved, Do I get a lawyer help ? Shall go to the office in person?

Thanks a lot

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Hi all,

I am in Mississauga, I applied for citizenship on Aug 2019 and I had been stuck in "The security verifications are in process", my wife got her citizenship test done already in Sep 2021 and the last update I have on my file is on 20 Jan 2020. I constantly phone CIC and they have the same answer that my application is not routine and I have to wait untill security check is done and that there is no time frame.
I contacted MP once, I also got my ATIP and GCMS notes. The file was transferred to the GTA-CEN IRCC office for continued processing of the application

It is really frustrating. Any one has an experience or advice to deal with such situation, can I ask the MP to get more involved, Do I get a lawyer help ? Shall go to the office in person?

Thanks a lot
Have you checked online on the portal what is the status of your application? Which of the elements is still in process?

According to my MP's office, they do not have any influence on IRCC and will only relay the information that IRCC communicates to them. However there is no harm in asking them again to follow up on your status. The option of last resort is filing for Mandamus through a lawyer. Current cost quotes that I have got range from $1800 to $7000 so it's not a cheap option. Go for it only if the lack of citizenship is hampering your job / life prospects in any way.

Bear in mind that with the announcement about Ukrainian refugees, there could be increased processing time, even though you are an older applicant. They are not going to entertain you at the Mississauga IRCC office, so that would be a waste of time.

Also, you have very little control over the process so I would strongly suggest to not fret and get frustrated because NOTHING will come out of it. If it helps you feel any better, I am a 2018 applicant still awaiting oath. There are applicants from 2017 and 2016 also in the pipeline. It is frustrating, but getting agitated about it will not speed up the process.