+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

J2018

Star Member
Mar 31, 2018
Many people have the same situation with Mississauga office, the only thing we can do is wait and accept the reality that the process won't be done within 12 months. The sooner you accept it the less anxiety you will feel.

Or there's also the alternative: go back in time to Oct 11, 2017, and submit your application from some place outside GTA - but that would need a time-machine
I just called CIC now and they told me that I should be getting my test invitation within one month maximum . And the lady told me that she is sure of what she is saying

3bdcanada

Mar 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-Feb-2015
Hi Everyone,

So I am Feb 2018 applicant from Brampton.
AOR March 5th. My file has been In-process since May 11th.

I have been calling CIC call centre once a month since May 11 to find out status of my application.
They have been telling me that "Your file is In-Transit". Same reply from last 3 months.
I don't understand how a file can be still In-Transit after 3 months?
Can someone shed some light on this situation.

Thanks
Well, once they send the application from Nova Scotia to your local CRC, the agent will mark it as "in transit".
This status will stay as is until an agent from the local office picks it up and starts working on it. So "in transit" doesn't really mean your application is still on the way, but rather it means that no one from local office is working on it. With Mississauga office, that's completely normal! don't worry!

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
I just called CIC now and they told me that I should be getting my test invitation within one month maximum . And the lady told me that she is sure of what she is saying
I guess that’s when all the workers and vacation returns.

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Do they have vacation now!
That’s what I heard some of the staff is on vacation so it’s slower in the summer.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Got the response from IRCC regarding my webform inquiry from last week, informing them of my upcoming trips and reminding them I have waited for 10 months since submission with no test -- the response is still the same 'we verified your information and will forward it to your local office', let's see if it makes any difference...

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Got the response from IRCC regarding my webform inquiry from last week, informing them of my upcoming trips and reminding them I have waited for 10 months since submission with no test -- the response is still the same 'we verified your information and will forward it to your local office', let's see if it makes any difference...
Thank you for sharing their response. I wish you get an invite for test this week. Good luck :)