+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

237mota

Star Member
Jan 12, 2022
Hi folks. I finally completed my citizenship's oath ceremony yesterday. Just wanted to share my experience with you. See my timeline below.

Physical presence days: 1680

Application type: Family; two adults and one kid

Application sent: April 26th 2020

Application received: May 1st 2020

AOR: September 8th 2020

In progress: February 17th 2021

July 4th 2021: I sent a webform requesting an update

Test invitation: July 28th 2021 from Mississauga office

Test date: August 6th 2021

Test marked completed: August 8th 2021

……………………………………

…….. death silence……….

…………………………………….

February 8th 2022: I sent a webform requesting an update

Background completed: February 15th 2022

Language, Prohibitions, physical presence: April 26th 2022. Decision made on Ecas

May 26th 2022: Contacted my MP for help

Interview Request: May 30th 2022 from Scarborough Office

Interview in Person: June 16th 2022 Scarborough Office

June the 20th: I sent a request for an early oath ceremony to Scarborough Office because I’m going away for a month.

June 21st, 2022: Scarborough Office replied to my email saying that Mississauga Office is the office in charge of my file. Don’t know why I got the interview with Scarborough office!

September 30th I requested an update from Mississauga through email. They replied saying that I was in queue for the oath ceremony

November 3rd, my online tracker was updated with the ceremony scheduled for November 10th.

November 10th, in person ceremony in Mississauga.

.. Getting the paper work ready for passport application.

My opinion on the whole process: I'm happy to be a Canadian citizen but I think Irrc should threat all the applicants fairly. It's not right to have people waiting for years while some others are waiting for few months only. That part of the business needs to be improved.

I would like to say thank you to everyone and I hope that people waiting for good news will soon receive them.
Regards

morningzc

Jun 27, 2021
The tracker shows my ceremony will be on Nov 22. I haven't received email yet. How soon will I receive email? Will the date be different from Nov22? Because I need to book flight to come back for oath. Thank you.

morningzc

Jun 27, 2021
Hi folks. I finally completed my citizenship's oath ceremony yesterday. Just wanted to share my experience with you. See my timeline below.

……………………………………

…….. death silence……….

…………………………………….

Language, Prohibitions, physical presence: April 26th 2022. Decision made on Ecas

June the 20th: I sent a request for an early oath ceremony to Scarborough Office because I’m going away for a month.

June 21st, 2022: Scarborough Office replied to my email saying that Mississauga Office is the office in charge of my file. Don’t know why I got the interview with Scarborough office!

September 30th I requested an update from Mississauga through email. They replied saying that I was in queue for the oath ceremony

November 3rd, my online tracker was updated with the ceremony scheduled for November 10th.

My opinion on the whole process: I'm happy to be a Canadian citizen but I think Irrc should threat all the applicants fairly. It's not right to have people waiting for years while some others are waiting for few months only. That part of the business needs to be improved.

I would like to say thank you to everyone and I hope that people waiting for good news will soon receive them.
Regards
Congratulations. Did you get the tracker updated first for oath and email days later or at the same time? Is the oath different from the tracker or email? Did you request your citizenship certificate urgent from Mississauga office? Thank you.

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
The tracker shows my ceremony will be on Nov 22. I haven't received email yet. How soon will I receive email? Will the date be different from Nov22? Because I need to book flight to come back for oath. Thank you.
No if it says path on Nov 22, it will be on that date

237mota

Star Member
Jan 12, 2022
Congratulations. Did you get the tracker updated first for oath and email days later or at the same time? Is the oath different from the tracker or email? Did you request your citizenship certificate urgent from Mississauga office? Thank you.
@morningzc the tracker update occurred on November 3rd and the oath letter on November 4th. My ceremony was in person. The certificate was handed at the end of the ceremony.
Regards

elbob

Star Member
Aug 31, 2013

……………………………………

…….. death silence……….

…………………………………….

Regards
CONGRATULATIONS!

How did you ask for updates?

Through this: https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

or something else?

Looking at your timeline, it seems like every time you ask for an update, they proceed with you application!! weird

harbirgill12

Jul 16, 2016
Hello
Need advice
Applied Aug 2020
Oath ceremony jan 2022
Have to reschedule going outside canada, sent itinerary and got replied when come back just send boarding passes.
Again received invitation march 2022 , have to reschedule as already outside and unable to come to some reasons.
In april 2022 sent return boarding passes , got reply will rechedule in future.
No update 4 months
Then Aug 15, 2022 fingerprints requested
Background completed oct 22 , 2022.
No update later
Raised webform, emailed and called.
No answer

Any suggestions?
Wait ? contact MP ? or Mandamus?

kandy001

Nov 3, 2022
Can someone help here , I did receive a email from IRCC Vancouver for Fingerprint Request , but I dont see any such request in Online Tracker - where as eCAS is updated as Correspondonce is sent and requested an action , why is the FP request not updated in Online Tracker tool ? I'm a Mississauga resident

realmj

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017
Hello
Need advice
Applied Aug 2020
Oath ceremony jan 2022
Have to reschedule going outside canada, sent itinerary and got replied when come back just send boarding passes.
Again received invitation march 2022 , have to reschedule as already outside and unable to come to some reasons.
In april 2022 sent return boarding passes , got reply will rechedule in future.
No update 4 months
Then Aug 15, 2022 fingerprints requested
Background completed oct 22 , 2022.
No update later
Raised webform, emailed and called.
No answer

Any suggestions?
Wait ? contact MP ? or Mandamus?
feel sorry for your experience...
may I ask if you had gotten the fingerprints requested before the 1st Oath ceremony in Jan 2022? do you mean IRCC requested the 2nd fingerprint on Aug 15, 2022?