Med's Request
16-09-2014
Med's Done....
25-09-2014
Passport Req..
09-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2015
@namwbysbd there is no timeline! I think it all depends on the agent in charge of your application. Just be patient . I have been waiting for more than 8 months.
Regards
I agree with you but, I think there is a limited time between receiving a copy of passport and DM

walid_Mississauga

Jun 8, 2020
Mississauga
Hi all,

I am in Mississauga, I applied for citizenship on Aug 2019 and I had been stuck in "The security verifications are in process", my wife got her citizenship test done already in Sep 2021 and the last update I have on my file is on 20 Jan 2020. I constantly phone CIC and they have the same answer that my application is not routine and I have to wait untill security check is done and that there is no time frame.

I contacted MP twice, I also got my ATIP and GCMS notes. The file was transferred to the GTA-CEN IRCC office for continued processing of the application. After contacting my MP this week, it came to my knowledge that my criminality verifications have expired on December 24, 2020 and will need to be reworked. However, I did not recieve a request to resubmit my fingerprints My seconday office is Mississauga.

It is really frustrating. Any one has an experience or advice to deal with such situation, can I ask the MP to get more involved, Do I get a lawyer help ? Shall go to the office in person?

Thanks a lot

• Sad
Reactions: Triet and CaBeaver

VoL@ND

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone! July 2020 applicant here. Passed the test in August, sent passport pages by email in September, 2021 and no update after that. But today I got a response to my enquiry and here it is: "We verified the information on file and can confirm that your requested Passport copies were not received by the responsible office yet."

I literally REPLIED to their email as they requested, what more do they want? It seems that my 8 month post-test wait is all due to them not using email properly. I filed another enquiry and attached the pages again but just wanted to let you know that these things happen.

Is there another email that I should send the pages to or is it only IRCC.DNMISCitizenshipE-Test-ExamenenligneCitoyenneteMISRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca?

Best of luck to all of us!

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Hi all,

I am in Mississauga, I applied for citizenship on Aug 2019 and I had been stuck in "The security verifications are in process", my wife got her citizenship test done already in Sep 2021 and the last update I have on my file is on 20 Jan 2020. I constantly phone CIC and they have the same answer that my application is not routine and I have to wait untill security check is done and that there is no time frame.

I contacted MP twice, I also got my ATIP and GCMS notes. The file was transferred to the GTA-CEN IRCC office for continued processing of the application. After contacting my MP this week, it came to my knowledge that my criminality verifications have expired on December 24, 2020 and will need to be reworked. However, I did not recieve a request to resubmit my fingerprints My seconday office is Mississauga.

It is really frustrating. Any one has an experience or advice to deal with such situation, can I ask the MP to get more involved, Do I get a lawyer help ? Shall go to the office in person?

Thanks a lot
Almost 3 years? That is ridiculous.

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Hi everyone! July 2020 applicant here. Passed the test in August, sent passport pages by email in September, 2021 and no update after that. But today I got a response to my enquiry and here it is: "We verified the information on file and can confirm that your requested Passport copies were not received by the responsible office yet."

I literally REPLIED to their email as they requested, what more do they want? It seems that my 8 month post-test wait is all due to them not using email properly. I filed another enquiry and attached the pages again but just wanted to let you know that these things happen.

Is there another email that I should send the pages to or is it only IRCC.DNMISCitizenshipE-Test-ExamenenligneCitoyenneteMISRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca?

That was funny.

kdham

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Oath completed on Sat April 9th (application closed today morning). There were 50 people in total for oath. Judge also mentioned that a total of 203000 people have done online oath (in Mississauga) since pandemic started. Feel fortunate to have this completed within a year. Happy to answer any questions. Below are my timelines.

Type: Paper Based Application
Application: Single
Application Delivered: May 14, 2021
AOR: Aug 23, 2021
Test invite: Nov 9, 2021
Test Completed: Nov 19, 2021
Background check completed - Jan 6th 2022
Decision made - Jan 25th 2022
Citizenship Ceremony in Progress - March 24th 2022 (email received on 3/28)
Ceremony Date : April 9th 2022
Application closed: April 11th 2022

Last edited:

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi all,

Thanks a lot
Totally understand where you are coming from - background verification is a tricky timeline which depends on how long the counter offices clears your check [e.g some countries overseas takes a very long time and can delay the process]. If your verifications have expired , there is highly a possibility of them asking for another set of fingerprints.

You can def request MP to be more involved - not sure about the lawyer route , they too can get the notes and dig in a bit deeper but not sure if they can accelerate background checks

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga

Isn't that email for test scheduling ? Were you able to upload the pages via Web Forum Online to your case ?

premodh

Apr 11, 2022
Hi

My name is Premodh We have applied as a family. Please find the time line below

AOR: AUG 26 2021
Background verification activity completed On NOV 18th 2021.
no update after that. Any one in the same time line?

VoL@ND

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Isn't that email for test scheduling ? Were you able to upload the pages via Web Forum Online to your case ?
The email I received from them with the passport page request said provide the documentation by REPLYING to this email. And so I did. As for the web form, I uploaded those documents yesterday, but it usually takes 2 months for them to view/respond. I don't think I've ever seen a more broken system than this. Truly embarrassing

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
The email I received from them with the passport page request said provide the documentation by REPLYING to this email. And so I did. As for the web form, I uploaded those documents yesterday, but it usually takes 2 months for them to view/respond. I don't think I've ever seen a more broken system than this. Truly embarrassing
And this morning their SSL certificate expired:rolleyes:

• Angry
Reactions: VoL@ND

cuca

Mar 7, 2020
Anyone experiencing technical difficulties getting into the portal?
Do you get the below message?

The message is ‘we are experiencing technical difficulties- We’re working to fix this as soon as possible. Try refreshing the page or come back later.’

jeanp

Apr 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
Nomination.....
25-03-2015
AOR Received.
26-05-2015
Oath completed on Sat April 9th (application closed today morning). There were 50 people in total for oath. Judge also mentioned that a total of 203000 people have done online oath (in Mississauga) since pandemic started. Feel fortunate to have this completed within a year. Happy to answer any questions. Below are my timelines.

Type: Paper Based Application
Application: Single
Application Delivered: May 14, 2021
AOR: Aug 23, 2021
Test invite: Nov 9, 2021
Test Completed: Nov 19, 2021
Background check completed - Jan 6th 2022
Decision made - Jan 25th 2022
Citizenship Ceremony in Progress - March 24th 2022 (email received on 3/28)
Ceremony Date : April 9th 2022
Application closed: April 11th 2022
I must say that your application was processed very fast. Is it an individual application or family application? My family sent in the application in late March 2021 and everything except "Citizenship ceremony" showed completed in Feb 2022 and that's the latest update.