+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Citizenship Applicants

ashu1175

Jun 14, 2013
We did our citizenship test January 2018, still waiting for the oath, our friends did their test 2 months ago got their oath invitation a week ago they live in Ottawa
There is no pattern actually. Few received test invite within 2-3 months after application, some (like me) received it after 10 months. After test some got oath invitation within few days, some are still waiting from months.

Big Boy

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Mine is almost 13 months now. Called today (lucky, it took just 2 minutes), lady was kind and after holding for around 30 seconds told that she will send an email to concern people to let them know application had passed 12 months, if I don't receive anything in one month, call then again. Hope this works.
I'm not quite in the same boat as you're but our timeline is relatively similar. My application has also gone over 13 months mark but still no sign of test invite. I called CIC more than a month ago and the agent didn't say much except it's normal to go over processing time as some apps require more time than others (stating the obvious) Your app is routine and is stuck at background checks and no further information is required from you at this point. Quite surprisingly, I was told the same thing by another agent about 5 months ago. Are you kidding me...mate? Sometimes I wonder if these agents even have access to any real information.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Mine is almost 13 months now. Called today (lucky, it took just 2 minutes), lady was kind and after holding for around 30 seconds told that she will send an email to concern people to let them know application had passed 12 months, if I don't receive anything in one month, call then again. Hope this works.
My 'passed 12 month' email by the IRCC agent was sent 2 months ago, nothing happened. Called again, was told wait till next January, if I don't hear anything, call them again - just for your reference

Reactions: AHHA121

Zimgyal

Star Member
Jul 8, 2015
My 'passed 12 month' email by the IRCC agent was sent 2 months ago, nothing happened. Called again, was told wait till next January, if I don't hear anything, call them again - just for your reference
Please contact your MP they might be able to get them to do something. This is ridiculous!!!

ashu1175

Jun 14, 2013
Yes, I know that agent don't have much power, and for sure there are lot more applications like me.

AHHA121

Star Member
May 4, 2018
Same with me after 1 year. It's been 3 months since that email. Nothing!!

AHHA121

Star Member
May 4, 2018
Please contact your MP they might be able to get them to do something. This is ridiculous!!!
Same with me.
In September at 1 year i called and they sent Email to local office and asked me to contact them by December 14th. Nothing its now Dec 20.
I went to MP, the worker there said my security is done, my criminal check is still in process.
I lost work opportunity that requires citizenship application in November, i called the CIC and they said nothing we can do it's just busy and they're sorry.

I just recently requested level 2 background check for volunteer position and i got it done in 20 minutes.

I think cic should ask the applicants to go and get their criminal and security checks done by themselves, better than this non sense.

Zimgyal

Star Member
Jul 8, 2015
Same with me.
In September at 1 year i called and they sent Email to local office and asked me to contact them by December 14th. Nothing its now Dec 20.
I went to MP, the worker there said my security is done, my criminal check is still in process.
I lost work opportunity that requires citizenship application in November, i called the CIC and they said nothing we can do it's just busy and they're sorry.

I just recently requested level 2 background check for volunteer position and i got it done in 20 minutes.

I think cic should ask the applicants to go and get their criminal and security checks done by themselves, better than this non sense.
If you had a job opportunity that required for you to be a Canadian Citizen you could have sent in a webform requesting for URGENT processing together with the job offer. Sorry to hear about that though.

desolate

Star Member
Jul 14, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre: Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
12th April 2018
AOR Received.
29th May 2018
File Transfer...
In process since July 12 2018, File transferred to Scarborough, Ontario on May 24th 2019
Interview........
September 4th 2019 Citizenship Test/Interview
LANDED..........
21-08-2011
Just wondering if anyone from Mississauga office who applied in 2018 got it in 2018? looks like the trend is once 12 months are completed then they are getting test invite... i applied in April 2018 so i guess 4 more months........

mogli

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok Fellas, I got my brand spanking new Canadian passport today, picked it up from the PP office.
All set, good luck to all!

wolfpack27616

Apr 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok Fellas, I got my brand spanking new Canadian passport today, picked it up from the PP office.
All set, good luck to all!
Congrats!! How much do you have to pay extra to pick up in person as opposed to receiving it via Canada Post? Or is it no charge?

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Just wondering if anyone from Mississauga office who applied in 2018 got it in 2018? looks like the trend is once 12 months are completed then they are getting test invite... i applied in April 2018 so i guess 4 more months........
No, 14 months for me and counting , will be 15 in 2 weeks