+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missing Traffic Check in my sent application, what are my options?

buttertart

Apr 27, 2015
Hi there,
So I sent off my application about 6 weeks ago and many a high five was shared between my wife and I for doing so.
Until I realized I'd only sent my Criminal background check and not my Traffic Check (From Australia, VIC) turns out the traffic check is a special requirement of Victorians.

Anyway I'm wondering what my options are. I haven't received a return/denial yet, but I was hoping to avoid that and any delays that come with it. I've applied for the Traffic Check and I'm having it sent over.
I've looked into the "Case Specific Enquiry" but wasn't sure if that would work as you can only upload electronic documents and they require hard copies for the application.

Also my file doesn't appear to be in the system at the moment, which has me slightly worried. Shouldn't they have looked at it at this point? I sent it by registered mail so I know it made it.

Kind of a rambling post I know but I want to avoid any delays as my Current Work permit expires Dec31st.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Cheers.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

There is little chance that they will return the app, so don't worry about that. Wait until you get sponsor approval and your app is transferred to Sydney; you can then send in the Traffic Check with a cover letter.

Most people cannot access ECAS until after sponsor approval, so don't worry about that either.

buttertart

Apr 27, 2015
Oh great! So they would look at my wifes application before looking at mine then? So I have some time to get that sent through.
That makes sense, thanks for the reply! Its funny how everything can seem life or death when in reality its a piece of paper haha.

buttertart

Apr 27, 2015
Is this the same for INLAND applications? I'm also applying under the pilot program for the work permit. Would this inhibit me from receiving the work permit?
Thanks again for the help.
Cheers.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
You're Australian with a work permit valid until Dec 31st and you applied inland? That's kind of...well, tragic might be too dramatic but pretty bad. Sydney is such a fast office, averaging around 6 months. You probably would have been a PR by the end of the year.

If I were you, only 6 weeks in, I would strongly consider withdrawing inland and submitting outland.

As for the OWP without the Traffic Check, I have no idea.

buttertart

Apr 27, 2015
Oh I thought that I had to apply inland because I'm currently living in Canada...
How would I go about withdrawing an application and getting the payment back?

bigredmoose

Dec 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AUS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
AOR Received.
24-12-2014
File Transfer...
06-01-2015
Med's Done....
07-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
27/04/2015 (COPR)
LANDED..........
08/07/2015
Hey Buttertart,

There's a facebook group for Australians moving to Canada, if you're interested.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/730074400442960/

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
buttertart said:
Oh I thought that I had to apply inland because I'm currently living in Canada...
How would I go about withdrawing an application and getting the payment back?
A common misconception. I would start a new thread asking about withdrawing inland and resubmitting outland. There are many people on the forum who have done this and could give you some good advice.