+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missing stamp on entry to Canada resulted in a RQ

janoo

May 16, 2014
Congratulation and thanks for your detail letter.

Can you please advise your local office and where you send RQ documents.

My status change to DM on October 23, 2015 awaiting for oath letter.

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Congrats Baz.. I am really happy for you, and Thanks a lot for the appreciation.

I agree with your comment about depenabill, whose comment was the only positive one in my case of RQ too.

baz

Sep 26, 2009
I have been getting requests asking what I did to make my RQ get resolved so quickly. Honestly, I don't know how the internals of CIC works, but I can guess that I submitted a full and complete RQ that was professionally typeset with correct English.

For the record, this is what I submitted as part of my RQ (I have redacted the personal information - I hope this helps someone):

1. Full Color Replication Of My Entire Passport:
⁃ Every stamp that is present accompanies a declared absence from Canada.
2. Travel Related Evidence (Where possible):
⁃ Travel Documents For ? to ? to ?, spanning the period of 2011-09-01 until 2011-10-01:
⁃ The air ticket back to ? is dated 2011-09-30. This is because I was stranded by the airline for one day in ?.
⁃ Travel Documents For ? Trip on 2012-04-04 until 2012-04-10:
⁃ Amtrak train ticket to ? on 2012-04-04.
⁃ Flight ticket from ? to ? on 2012-04-09.
⁃ Travel Documents For ? Trip on 2012-06-22 until 2012-06-25:
⁃ Bus tickets.
⁃ Travel Documents For ? Trip on 2012-09-10 until 2012-10-17
⁃ Flight itinerary.
⁃ Evidence Of Interview With XXXX From 5 May 2013 until 9 may 2013:
⁃ Email from XXXX confirming my interview.
⁃ Itinerary from Carlson Wagonlit (XXX's travel agent) with flight information.
3. Sworn Declarations:
⁃ A notarized declaration from myself
⁃ A notarized declaration from my wife
⁃ A notarized declaration from my father
⁃ A notarized declaration from my sister
4. Attestation Letters:
⁃ Letter confirming the times that I was in ? by ? my business partner at the time. This letter also has details about the company I co-founded in my country of origin
⁃ Letter confirming times that I was in ?, and that subsequent interaction (over Skype) was done by these individuals with me in Canada by ? and ?, my two closest friends in my country of origin.
⁃ Letter confirming that I was in New York for the period of ? to ? by ?, my friend that accompanied me to New York.
⁃ Letter confirming that I was present in Toronto during the times stated in this application by?, a friend I have known from my country of origin who presently resides in ?.
⁃ ?, a resident of ? and organizer of the XXX society has written a letter confirming I was an active member of this society in ? in 2012.
5. Proof Of Family Ties:
⁃ For myself: ID and birth certificate of country of origin. ? marriage certificate.
⁃ My wife: Passport from country of origin and Canadian permanent residence card (I sponsored her permanent residency in Canada).
⁃ My parents: Canadian passport and Ontario driver's license.
⁃ My sister: Canadian passport, birth certificate and Ontario driver's license.
6. Proof Of Residences:
⁃ Landlord referral confirming where I lived in my country of origin.
⁃ Attestation letter from ?, the landlord of the residence I stayed at when arriving in ?.
⁃ Signed rental agreements for my apartments where I lived in ? in 2013 and 2014.
7. GoodLife Fitness Gym:
⁃ A list of all my visits to GoodLife gym for 2011 until 2013 (the time period during which it was active).
⁃ List of GoodLife fitness receipts
⁃ A copy of my GoodLife contracts.
8. Mobile Telephone Bills
⁃ Statements from Fido covering period of declared unemployment
9. Health Records:
⁃ OHIP medical history
⁃ MSP medical history
10. Letters Of Confirming My Employments:
⁃ A letter confirming that I was a full time employee at XXXX from 19 August 2013 until 19 September 2014.
⁃ A letter confirming that I am a full time employee at my current employer, YYYY, from 14 October 2014 until present.
11. Salary Slips:
⁃ XXXX
⁃ YYYY
12. CRA Tax:
⁃ Income Tax returns for the years 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014. Years 2012, 2013 and 2014 are declared as residing in Canada.
⁃ T4 statements.
⁃ T5 statements.
13. Financial Institution Statements:
⁃ X chequing statements.
⁃ Z MasterCard statements.
⁃ Y bank statements:
⁃ Note: Evidence of salary slip deposits from October 2013 onwards are in the above Y statements
⁃ A MasterCard Statements.
⁃ B MasterCard Statements.

Also, I just wanted to say a last point about people making negative comments. Someone giving you advice that you don't like is not a negative comment (there was plenty of that for me - and yes, it was very helpful). Advice where you are accused and judged on the other hand is what I consider negative.

suncouver

Mar 28, 2015
Thanks for sharing this!
Did CIC ask for all these documents in the RQ form?

baz said:
I have been getting requests asking what I did to make my RQ get resolved so quickly. Honestly, I don't know how the internals of CIC works, but I can guess that I submitted a full and complete RQ that was professionally typeset with correct English.

For the record, this is what I submitted as part of my RQ (I have redacted the personal information - I hope this helps someone):

1. Full Color Replication Of My Entire Passport:
⁃ Every stamp that is present accompanies a declared absence from Canada.
2. Travel Related Evidence (Where possible):
⁃ Travel Documents For ? to ? to ?, spanning the period of 2011-09-01 until 2011-10-01:
⁃ The air ticket back to ? is dated 2011-09-30. This is because I was stranded by the airline for one day in ?.
⁃ Travel Documents For ? Trip on 2012-04-04 until 2012-04-10:
⁃ Amtrak train ticket to ? on 2012-04-04.
⁃ Flight ticket from ? to ? on 2012-04-09.
⁃ Travel Documents For ? Trip on 2012-06-22 until 2012-06-25:
⁃ Bus tickets.
⁃ Travel Documents For ? Trip on 2012-09-10 until 2012-10-17
⁃ Flight itinerary.
⁃ Evidence Of Interview With XXXX From 5 May 2013 until 9 may 2013:
⁃ Email from XXXX confirming my interview.
⁃ Itinerary from Carlson Wagonlit (XXX's travel agent) with flight information.
3. Sworn Declarations:
⁃ A notarized declaration from myself
⁃ A notarized declaration from my wife
⁃ A notarized declaration from my father
⁃ A notarized declaration from my sister
4. Attestation Letters:
⁃ Letter confirming the times that I was in ? by ? my business partner at the time. This letter also has details about the company I co-founded in my country of origin
⁃ Letter confirming times that I was in ?, and that subsequent interaction (over Skype) was done by these individuals with me in Canada by ? and ?, my two closest friends in my country of origin.
⁃ Letter confirming that I was in New York for the period of ? to ? by ?, my friend that accompanied me to New York.
⁃ Letter confirming that I was present in Toronto during the times stated in this application by?, a friend I have known from my country of origin who presently resides in ?.
⁃ ?, a resident of ? and organizer of the XXX society has written a letter confirming I was an active member of this society in ? in 2012.
5. Proof Of Family Ties:
⁃ For myself: ID and birth certificate of country of origin. ? marriage certificate.
⁃ My wife: Passport from country of origin and Canadian permanent residence card (I sponsored her permanent residency in Canada).
⁃ My parents: Canadian passport and Ontario driver's license.
⁃ My sister: Canadian passport, birth certificate and Ontario driver's license.
6. Proof Of Residences:
⁃ Landlord referral confirming where I lived in my country of origin.
⁃ Attestation letter from ?, the landlord of the residence I stayed at when arriving in ?.
⁃ Signed rental agreements for my apartments where I lived in ? in 2013 and 2014.
7. GoodLife Fitness Gym:
⁃ A list of all my visits to GoodLife gym for 2011 until 2013 (the time period during which it was active).
⁃ List of GoodLife fitness receipts
⁃ A copy of my GoodLife contracts.
8. Mobile Telephone Bills
⁃ Statements from Fido covering period of declared unemployment
9. Health Records:
⁃ OHIP medical history
⁃ MSP medical history
10. Letters Of Confirming My Employments:
⁃ A letter confirming that I was a full time employee at XXXX from 19 August 2013 until 19 September 2014.
⁃ A letter confirming that I am a full time employee at my current employer, YYYY, from 14 October 2014 until present.
11. Salary Slips:
⁃ XXXX
⁃ YYYY
12. CRA Tax:
⁃ Income Tax returns for the years 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014. Years 2012, 2013 and 2014 are declared as residing in Canada.
⁃ T4 statements.
⁃ T5 statements.
13. Financial Institution Statements:
⁃ X chequing statements.
⁃ Z MasterCard statements.
⁃ Y bank statements:
⁃ Note: Evidence of salary slip deposits from October 2013 onwards are in the above Y statements
⁃ A MasterCard Statements.
⁃ B MasterCard Statements.

Also, I just wanted to say a last point about people making negative comments. Someone giving you advice that you don't like is not a negative comment (there was plenty of that for me - and yes, it was very helpful). Advice where you are accused and judged on the other hand is what I consider negative.

baz

Sep 26, 2009
CIC does mention that documents like this are good examples of the proof that they are looking for. But I decided that if in doubt, just give them EVERYTHING. One thing that I did do extra was the notarized statements and attestation letters from my friends. Also, I asked CRA to post me the originals of my returns (it takes them 10 days, it is free of charge).

Also, every document that I was copying (e.g. drivers licences, passports) were printed in color.

All in all, I submitted 2.58 kg worth of documents.

HINT: I needed to get OHIP and MSP insurance statements. This takes about 6 weeks to get, but I wrote URGENT on the envelopes I sent them, and a short explanation why it was urgent. They gave me responses within two weeks!