+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missing form inland PR help!

JamesBarnes

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
Hi all,

I think I've messed up our Inland Spousal PR + OWP app. We followed the instructions as laid out in the following link:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html

I've now found out via this forum that there's a checklist form the OWP, IMM5556. It didn't see it mentioned anywhere on the PR checklist (IMM5533e). We haven't included IMM5556 with our application. We sent the form to change conditions etc form and the payment receipts and only one set of photocopies for the PR app (marriage certificate, passport etc)

Does this mean, because we're missing IMM5556 and the photocopies it mentions (a duplicate set of what's needed on IMM5533) that our application will be returned as incomplete?

If so, is there anything we can do about it at this stage? Our application was marked as received on the 12th of August and we haven't received AOR yet. Can we send the missing form and the duplicate photocopies or will we just have to wait until the application is sent back?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Hi all,

I think I've messed up our Inland Spousal PR + OWP app. We followed the instructions as laid out in the following link:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html

I've now found out via this forum that there's a checklist form the OWP, IMM5556. It didn't see it mentioned anywhere on the PR checklist (IMM5533e). We haven't included IMM5556 with our application. We sent the form to change conditions etc form and the payment receipts and only one set of photocopies for the PR app (marriage certificate, passport etc)

Does this mean, because we're missing IMM5556 and the photocopies it mentions (a duplicate set of what's needed on IMM5533) that our application will be returned as incomplete?

If so, is there anything we can do about it at this stage? Our application was marked as received on the 12th of August and we haven't received AOR yet. Can we send the missing form and the duplicate photocopies or will we just have to wait until the application is sent back?

Thanks!
You won't find IMM5556 mentioned in spousal sponsorship checklist IMM5533 because 5533 is purely and only about spousal sponsorship and OWP's are not an integral part of spousal sponsorship.

I would say it is likely that your OWP forms and application will be returned as incomplete, but if your spousal sponsorship set is complete and passes the initial completeness check, this would likely continue to be processed and not returned.

Zero you can do about it now, no point in calling them, they will NOT wade through several hundred unchecked packs just to find yours. Little to do but wait and see what happens. Likely to take 6 - 10 weeks I would guess from 12th August.

JamesBarnes

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
You won't find IMM5556 mentioned in spousal sponsorship checklist IMM5533 because 5533 is purely and only about spousal sponsorship and OWP's are not an integral part of spousal sponsorship.

I would say it is likely that your OWP forms and application will be returned as incomplete, but if your spousal sponsorship set is complete and passes the initial completeness check, this would likely continue to be processed and not returned.

Zero you can do about it now, no point in calling them, they will NOT wade through several hundred unchecked packs just to find yours. Little to do but wait and see what happens. Likely to take 6 - 10 weeks I would guess from 12th August.
Thanks for your quick reply @Hurlabrick ! am I right in thinking if it's just the OWP that gets returned, we can just send it back with the correct forms and it'll still be processed as part of the PR? Obviously I'll make sure I'm still in status :)

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Thanks for your quick reply @Hurlabrick ! am I right in thinking if it's just the OWP that gets returned, we can just send it back with the correct forms and it'll still be processed as part of the PR? Obviously I'll make sure I'm still in status :)
As I say, pretty sure they will just send the OWP back. If so, yes, correct and re-submit. It is ideal to submit both at the same time, but if you have a look at the on-line help from CIC, if also says an OWP can be sent separately after spousal sponsorship submission.

Reactions: JamesBarnes

stellahello

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
Hi JamesBarnes

The below is what I was provided from a colleague in this forum which is excerpt from IRCC website. I don't think we should worry about the checklist too much.

Now that you’ve finished preparing your application, you can submit it for processing. You should do the following:

1. Place a copy of the checklist on top of your complete application package. This will help make sure the application can be processed as quickly as possible when it arrives in our office.
  2. If you’re applying under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada class and the person you’re sponsoring is also applying for an open work permit, after the checklist, place:
    • the work permit application form and documents (if applicable) and
    • a separate fee payment receipt for the cost of the work permit application
  3. The order of documents should be as follows:
    • checklist;
    • open work permit application (and supporting documents), if applicable;
    • any barcode pages;
    • supporting documents, in the order they are listed on the checklist.

Link:https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html#mail

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Im submitting sponsorship application and wondering the same. I was going rough IMM5556 yesterday and I found it confusing as it doesn't specify the IF you are applying through spousal/common law sponsorship. I think it might be because it's a pilot but in my opinion, they could be more thorough in the explanation because it's not a new pilot. I guess we will have to wait few weeks when more on this thread and the July one would have receive reply of their OWP application.