+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missing First Name in PR Card

eenagirl

Jul 16, 2022
Hello Everyone!

I just got my status changed to DM for my PR Card Renewal. However, in my profile it shows my LAST NAME, MIDDLE NAME ONLY. I sent a webform but no replies so called IRCC and was able to talk to an agent. She said, they cannot make the changes anymore as my card is in the production stage already.

My PHIL passport has all my Given Names (Last Name, First Name, Middle Name) so with this new card later will I be able to board my flight going back to Canada? I already booked a flight for August:. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your help!

eenagirl

Jul 16, 2022
Hello Everyone!

I just got my status changed to DM for my PR Card Renewal. However, in my profile it shows my LAST NAME, MIDDLE NAME ONLY. I sent a webform but no replies so called IRCC and was able to talk to an agent. She said, they cannot make the changes anymore as my card is in the production stage already.

My PHIL passport has all my Given Names (Last Name, First Name, Middle Name) so with this new card later will I be able to board my flight going back to Canada? I already booked a flight for August:. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your help!
Got my new card yesterday with the error. Any help?

wolf1989

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
You have to call them up and ask. Most likely this card won't work. If travel in unavoidable, you can make use of PRTD document while coming back.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Got my new card yesterday with the error. Any help?
What did your previous PR card have?

Obviously it's an error, contact IRCC.

For travel: first check with your airline. Then, for entering Canada at airport, I think you should be fine if you have a copy of your previous PR card.

eenagirl

Jul 16, 2022
You have to call them up and ask. Most likely this card won't work. If travel in unavoidable, you can make use of PRTD document while coming back.
I called them back but they said they cannot do anything more as it was already in production. Agent suggested to call CBSA and airline about it.

eenagirl

Jul 16, 2022
What did your previous PR card have?

Obviously it's an error, contact IRCC.

For travel: first check with your airline. Then, for entering Canada at airport, I think you should be fine if you have a copy of your previous PR card.
There was no error in my 1st card and the 2nd one has only the error in given names. Thanks!