+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missing applications (Delivered but no ECAS after 80+ days)

fanboy

Star Member
Aug 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is to share info for those whose applications were delivered to Sydney-CPC but still cannot login to ECAS after 80+ days..

Here is my case:
My application was delivered to CIC (signed by GEOFF) by UPS Next Day on May 29th, 2014.

I was able to log in to ECAS for only one day on Sunday July 27th and saw my complete PR application, no citizenship application. After that, I cannot log in any more since the next day.
Called CIC. Was told that they cannot locate my application nor link with my payment receipt number... they are currently processing Mid-June applications.

I waited one more week, called them again, was given 2 options (seems like they received many similar inquiries recently, so they have an automatic answer for everyone. Called several times, same answer)
1. Wait 6 more weeks
2. Send a brand new application with a cover letter explaining the situation and tracking confirmation of the first application

As suggested by some fellow applicants, I also requested ATIP on Aug 19. It may be able to force CIC to try to location our applications on their side.

If you experienced or are experiencing the same problem, let's share more info about this mysterious missing/lost application situation.

Thanks!

PS I'm at 85-day mark after delivered to CIC which is the longest in our spreadsheet now, still no ECAS..

PS2 No returned-application received. No payment refunded.

PS3 The weird thing about my application is I could login ECAS to see my complete PR app at the end of July for 1 day. That should suggest that they at least touched my application, right?

Ronaldo Da Lima 89

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
Thats so bad and not professional from CIC. I can not believe this could happen. What makes your problem worse that you are sure they have recieved it and now they do not have it and they can not find so they LOST it !!

Send a new application with new payment so you dont lose more time.

I hope you did not send any important document that you dont have another copy of.

For your payment, ask them for a refund.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
No need to send new payment. He can just print the original fee receipt and fill it out again. Also include a cover letter explaining briefly what happened with 1st package and reason you are sending 2nd package then ask them to kindly return one of the applications back to you.

fanboy

Star Member
Aug 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Appreciate your replies.
As for the payment, the CIC agents did suggest to just attach the same payment receipt as it has not linked to any application yet..

fanboy

Star Member
Aug 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alright, I called them again just now.
They still cannot find the application, payment receipt is not linked and they insist that my application was returned, but no note in their system, no refund in my credit card.
Interesting thing is there is a note for my return application for family sponsor earlier this year.., but nothing about citizenship. It's like my package is vanished on their side...

I think it's time for me to contact my MP to see if he can help to locate my application.

raymasa

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
fanboy said:
Alright, I called them again just now.
They still cannot find the application, payment receipt is not linked and they insist that my application was returned, but no note in their system, no refund in my credit card.
Interesting thing is there is a note for my return application for family sponsor earlier this year.., but nothing about citizenship. It's like my package is vanished on their side...

I think it's time for me to contact my MP to see if he can help to locate my application.
You may contact your MP, but at the same time, you may also want to send them another application as suggested previously. You don't want to delay the application processing, especially with the new law what is going to be in effect sometime next summer

Ray

fanboy

Star Member
Aug 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raymasa said:
You may contact your MP, but at the same time, you may also want to send them another application as suggested previously. You don't want to delay the application processing, especially with the new law what is going to be in effect sometime next summer

Ray
Thanks.
Sent the 2nd app.
My MP said they will look into my file for me.
Fingers x!

90days since delivered for me.. record time :)

summer2014

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
fanboy said:
Thanks.
Sent the 2nd app.
My MP said they will look into my file for me.
Fingers x!

90days since delivered for me.. record time :)
Hi Fanboy, what is MP? N how i can contact MP?
Thanks

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
MP = member of paliarment.

You can find your MP here: http://www.parl.gc.ca/Parlinfo/Compilations/HouseofCommons/MemberByPostalCode.aspx?Menu=HOC

summer2014 said:
Hi Fanboy, what is MP? N how i can contact MP?
Thanks

WE LOVE CANADA

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI Fanboy,

ATIP is a good source of information. I earlier mentioned that my application was not traceable for some days. Though they received it on May 5th, my ECAS was not active until somebody started working on it on July 28th, 2014.

I ordered ATIP and received the results today. In there, I have a PDF of all of my application with some initials by CIC person there. It was stamped with CPC Sydney, with date May 5th. In addition I have GCMS notes also that says

- My file was opened by XXXXX on July 28th, 2014 at 9.33AM, he did complete some initial checks regarding residence, he has some other tasks like Fees allotment etc etc.

There are series of steps before they put your information online ( ie Ecas). Until it is not done - we may not be able see. Until it is not there, the CIC agent you call will not have any visibility.

So, wait for your ATIP request. That gives you information on where your application is. Mine took nearly 25 days to get the info.

WE LOVE CANADA

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Luckily in my case, my Ecas was active after 4 days of my ordering the ATIP. I believe it is not incidental but coincidence.

I remember now - I ordered ATIP on July 25th (Ecas was active July 28th). Received ATIP results via email on Aug 27th. ( I correct my earlier statement of 25 days for ATIP)

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
If your application is lost, then it's not being processed, how can you have atip?
It's better to send a new application, write a letter and explain POLITELY to them to speed up your application because it has been late for unexpected reason.
This is an over 12 months waiting game, anyway extra 1 or 2 months won't make any difference.

suresure

Nov 29, 2013
WE LOVE CANADA said:
HI Fanboy,

ATIP is a good source of information. I earlier mentioned that my application was not traceable for some days. Though they received it on May 5th, my ECAS was not active until somebody started working on it on July 28th, 2014.

I ordered ATIP and received the results today. In there, I have a PDF of all of my application with some initials by CIC person there. It was stamped with CPC Sydney, with date May 5th. In addition I have GCMS notes also that says

- My file was opened by XXXXX on July 28th, 2014 at 9.33AM, he did complete some initial checks regarding residence, he has some other tasks like Fees allotment etc etc.

There are series of steps before they put your information online ( ie Ecas). Until it is not done - we may not be able see. Until it is not there, the CIC agent you call will not have any visibility.

So, wait for your ATIP request. That gives you information on where your application is. Mine took nearly 25 days to get the info.
Why you have PDF of all your application? did you order physical file or electrical file?

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
The notes always come in PDF format (at least anyone I've ever received).

suresure said:
Why you have PDF of all your application? did you order physical file or electrical file?

fanboy

Star Member
Aug 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WE LOVE CANADA said:
HI Fanboy,

Thanks, WE LOVE CANADA!

My ATIP came back in 6 days saying no record. I replied to the email to ask them to confirm they did not receive my app. They replied in 2 days - still no record.
I asked my MP to look into my file 2 days ago.

Already sent in my 2nd app.
I saw some early June applicants got ecas yesterday, but i'm still out of luck.
TBH, I have given up my 1st app at this point. Just hope they will process my 2nd app...