Kitchener, Ontario.
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
25-03-2020
Med's Done....
17-06-2020
Hi everyone,
My post-graduate work permit (PGWP) had been approved on Feb 6 however the mailing address on the approval letter omits my apartment/unit number. I believe that is the reason why I haven't yet received my work permit. Without the work permit on hand, I cannot apply for a temporary resident visa (TRV). I need to travel (March 20) to my home country and cannot enter Canada without a TRV. If anyone can share information or experience on the following, that would be much appreciated.
1). Does IRCC mail (work-permit) documents via registered mail and provide a tracking number if we request?
2). Is there always a return address on IRCC mail so that if Canada Post thinks the recipient cannot be found, the mail can go back to IRCC?
3). Can we request IRCC for a PDF copy of the work permit and apply for a TRV using that PDF copy, meanwhile waiting for the actual paper copy of the work permit?
4). Is there additional processing time for documents returned to IRCC as address-not-found, to be sent out again?
Thanks a lot once again.

Abdelahhad

Jan 1, 2017
Hi everyone,
My post-graduate work permit (PGWP) had been approved on Feb 6 however the mailing address on the approval letter omits my apartment/unit number. I believe that is the reason why I haven't yet received my work permit. Without the work permit on hand, I cannot apply for a temporary resident visa (TRV). I need to travel (March 20) to my home country and cannot enter Canada without a TRV. If anyone can share information or experience on the following, that would be much appreciated.
1). Does IRCC mail (work-permit) documents via registered mail and provide a tracking number if we request?
2). Is there always a return address on IRCC mail so that if Canada Post thinks the recipient cannot be found, the mail can go back to IRCC?
3). Can we request IRCC for a PDF copy of the work permit and apply for a TRV using that PDF copy, meanwhile waiting for the actual paper copy of the work permit?
4). Is there additional processing time for documents returned to IRCC as address-not-found, to be sent out again?
Thanks a lot once again.
Hi,
I wish to know if your document was delivered! cause I am in the same boat!
-Abdelahhad

Reactions: leonie

pavit

Feb 20, 2019
Kitchener, Ontario.
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
25-03-2020
Med's Done....
17-06-2020
I had called IRCC a few times and explained to them my upcoming travel needs and why I urgently needed the work permit. I also wrote detailed emails as well as a cover letter explaining the same situation, requesting me to apply for the TRV while sitting through the 6 week wait time before they send me another work permit. Meanwhile I also visited the local Canada Post dispatch center to alert them of a possibly missed mail and seek their help in searching for it.

Finally, in response to one of my calls, one IRCC agent was kind enough to reprint and mail a new copy of the work permit to my correct address. I then followed it up with the local Canada Post dispatch center to ensure I get hold of the work permit. I received the work permit and also applied for a TRV immediately, which I received in another few days.

At the end, the help from a supervisor at Canada post was instrumental in bringing my passport to me, just hours before my flight!

So, contact IRCC, make efforts at explaining your situation and hope for the best! Take all efforts you can in terms of locating the missed email as well as obtaining a new copy of the work permit!

Reactions: newcomer7

newcomer7

Star Member
Mar 8, 2018
I had called IRCC a few times and explained to them my upcoming travel needs and why I urgently needed the work permit. I also wrote detailed emails as well as a cover letter explaining the same situation, requesting me to apply for the TRV while sitting through the 6 week wait time before they send me another work permit. Meanwhile I also visited the local Canada Post dispatch center to alert them of a possibly missed mail and seek their help in searching for it.

Finally, in response to one of my calls, one IRCC agent was kind enough to reprint and mail a new copy of the work permit to my correct address. I then followed it up with the local Canada Post dispatch center to ensure I get hold of the work permit. I received the work permit and also applied for a TRV immediately, which I received in another few days.

At the end, the help from a supervisor at Canada post was instrumental in bringing my passport to me, just hours before my flight!

So, contact IRCC, make efforts at explaining your situation and hope for the best! Take all efforts you can in terms of locating the missed email as well as obtaining a new copy of the work permit!
Wow! This is great to hear that still many kind and nice people to go extra miles to help others! Congrats Pavit!