+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missing affidavit how to contact CIC?

nazgul86

Jul 31, 2018
Hello,

I've received AOR about 2 weeks ago and realized my spouse's (secondary applicant) translations may not have an affidavit. When I submitted the application I thought it was fine as the first page contains details about the translator but I don't think that's a correct affidavit. Can someone please check what they think about it and whether this could cause a rejection? Here's a link to where I've uploaded (with edits) https://www.docdroid.net/VmtQgDW/police-certificate-secondary-applicant-edited.pdf

Is it possible to contact CIC and provide additional affidavits for translations and how?

Thanks in advance,
A*

nazgul86

Jul 31, 2018
Guess I figured out myself about contacting CIC by using the webform here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

However would still like to hear thoughts from anyone about the possible missing affidavit, and if so would it be advisable to ask the original translator to provide one and include a new PDF with original + translation + certified true copy + new affidavit? Or would it be better to get a new translation altogether perhaps done from a certified translator in Canada?

adelafer

May 29, 2020
Hi... I am having the same issue as you, I did not upload the translator´s affidavit to the PR application. Could you tell me what happened to yours? Did using the web form help?

Thank you.

nazgul86

Jul 31, 2018
Hi... I am having the same issue as you, I did not upload the translator´s affidavit to the PR application. Could you tell me what happened to yours? Did using the web form help?

Thank you.
Yes I uploaded it via Web Form and eventually was approved and got PR, good luck!

adelafer

May 29, 2020
Thank you so much for your quick reply.
I have a letter from my translator that says: "

I HEREBY CERTIFY UNDER OATH THAT THE FOUR (4) DOCUMENTS BEARING MY SEAL AND SIGNATURE AND WHICH I TRANSLATED FOR MS. MARIA ADELAIDA FERNANDEZ FROM SPANISH INTO ENGLISH ARE TRUE. FAITHFUL AND ACCURATE TRANSLATIONS OF THE SAID DOCUMENTS.

But apart from the translator´s official seal, it does not have anything else. Does it need a seal from a Notary or something like that?

Sorry for asking so many questions, but I am worried.
Thanks again.

nazgul86

Jul 31, 2018
Thank you so much for your quick reply.
I have a letter from my translator that says: "

I HEREBY CERTIFY UNDER OATH THAT THE FOUR (4) DOCUMENTS BEARING MY SEAL AND SIGNATURE AND WHICH I TRANSLATED FOR MS. MARIA ADELAIDA FERNANDEZ FROM SPANISH INTO ENGLISH ARE TRUE. FAITHFUL AND ACCURATE TRANSLATIONS OF THE SAID DOCUMENTS.

But apart from the translator´s official seal, it does not have anything else. Does it need a seal from a Notary or something like that?

Sorry for asking so many questions, but I am worried.
Thanks again.
I didn't have the Notary thing either, so should be fine.